Why go to the trouble of building a new stand, outfitted with seats and boxes designed for football matches, with fixtures and fittings for a football club, if the owners want the club to fail?

They would have been better off building Elk Mill style retail units. The new stand is 75% useless without the football club. Money from it will go to OAFC. Without a doubt.

Many, many more people will stand in the rain, to watch a successful team, climb up the tables, score loads goals, play attractive football, win their home games ( there's a novelty ) than will ever sit in a spanking new stand to watch what we have produced this season. Spend money on the product - not just the packaging.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many, many more people will stand in the rain, to watch a successful team, climb up the tables, score loads goals, play attractive football, win their home games ( there's a novelty ) than will ever sit in a spanking new stand to watch what we have produced this season. Spend money on the product - not just the packaging.

Missing the point of the new stand. Not sure how many people would pay £75 for a sausage roll in a portacabin on stilts on a Friday night.

More than happy with this signing. 100 games at the age of 20 says a lot about his talent and maturity. Burton have clearly adopted a consistent team selection all season and those that have been in the first XI have clearly been performing well enough to keep quality players out. Shez has spent the last few years in this lad's division seeing him develop and is by far and away better equipped to judge Palmer than anyone commenting on here. Do we need a centre half and a goalscorer? Of course. But I have faith that there is still time and it is vital they are the right men coming in. The midfield and/or instructions given to them (I'm a believer it was the latter) has been the major flaw in tactics at home all season. If Shez sees this lad as someone who can open up a defence and get the ball moving through the middle much quicker, then that'll do for me - he certainly knew how to do those things himself back in the day.

Edited by eyres_28

Not a single person is claiming Palmer as the disaster. A lot are completely missing the point. It's the club mentality of a 1 month youth loan to fix a massive problem that's the disaster.

They did also sack Dunn, Holden & Brown and replace them with Shez and Shirtliff. 9 days ago.

He'll be here longer than a month, it's just that because of his age he can be brought in on a youth loan until he turns 21 in a month.

Makes sense rather to avoid using up out quota of loan players until we have to

Good point, can you have more Youth loans anyway?

According to The Chron: "Sheridan hoped to have a new player in this week - but injury has prevented the move."

I wonder who this was?

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/96310/sheridan-pledge-over-new-signings

one thing I don't agree with is the very have clues who we are trying to sign. Keep schtum till on the dotted.

But I understand, having seen some real knee jerking on here today.

Edited by singe

The problem has been with cash flow in that I suspect money which should have been kept for wages has flown into the North Stand. It would be interesting to see the FFP returns to find out if we are spending the maximum allowed on players.

I agree with the view that the problem with our squad has not only been the failure to pay them on time, not a minor matter, but also one of motivation and direction. There was an improvement against Bradford and I expect to see another improvement against Bury. Fresh blood will help but we will only stay up if players we already have do better.

Despite all the rantings on this site we could have won the last two games but when you're down the ball bounces the wrong way and Shez had to learn about Brown. Furthermore a review of the season will show that Brown and Cornell have between them cost us more than the six points that keeps us in the bottom four. Yes what we have seen is dire - not only Latics - most of the teams have been poor.

I wouldn't be worrying too much about that at this stage, we need wins and that means scoring goals.

The more goals we concede the more goals we need to win pope and Clarke have just dominated our centre halfs how much woould we give for just one striker like that.

I thought Palmer did pretty well for the record

The more goals we concede the more goals we need to win pope and Clarke have just dominated our centre halfs how much woould we give for just one striker like that.

I thought Palmer did pretty well for the record

We're playing with L2 strikers.