• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I was talking about - a bit of detective work needed to get our interest going.

From the Chron...

Sheridans priority is to pin down a new centre-back, and we understand a former Championship defender from a southern club has been targeted as first choice. If that move cant be finalised, there may be a return to the club for Jean-Yves Mvoto.

Is Shrewsbury a southern club?!

Suggests someone other than Mvoto, non?

Find it hard to believe.

Assuming we approach them, are we really taking say 100k when we know there is the potential to get 500-600k?

I agree. And it comes with the "read it on a forum" health warning.

Also, it's a weak negotiation Latics had if they approached Brentford to do a deal.

I suppose it depends how desperate we were at the time. If it happened.

I know their not always right but it was the main latics story in the Chron the other week about a possible cash windfall due to a potential Tarky sale.

Surely they would know of have been corrected otherwise, I reck it's still there.

Edited by aaronoafc

Aye. Was wondering if Gerrard might be the first choice talked about but you wouldn't class Shrewsbury as a southern club.

I recall M. Chambers saying we were interested in the summer but couldn't get near to matching his terms, not sure an awful lot will have changed in the meantime.

I'm happy to look elsewhere.

Will be happy with Dennis, Tuton or Mccartan and Ribeiro.

Edit: I just looked at that and saw Dennis Tueart!

Then I heard Barry Davies say "oh my word did you see that?" To one of Tueart's overhead kicks

Edited by L1onheartNew

This is what I was talking about - a bit of detective work needed to get our interest going.

From the Chron...

Sheridan’s priority is to pin down a new centre-back, and we understand a former Championship defender from a southern club has been targeted as first choice. If that move can’t be finalised, there may be a return to the club for Jean-Yves Mvoto.

Clint Hill?

Some decent names unattached at the moment.

(And some right old :censored:e...)

Midfielders
Edited by HarryBosch

From the Chron...

Sheridan’s priority is to pin down a new centre-back, and we understand a former Championship defender from a southern club has been targeted as first choice. If that move can’t be finalised, there may be a return to the club for Jean-Yves Mvoto.

You mean regarding Grandison?

Edited by BP1960

Blackpool have just signed their 4th player of the window! Where are we? It's a bit worrying now!

Worrying ? Hardly. Still ten days left, new manager working on targets....would you prefer random signings just to accumulate numbers?

I'd have liked to have a centre back in but have to put confidence in Sheridan to get someone in whom he rates.

Anyway one of Blackpools was Philly