• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a little worrying, huge game on Saturday and everybody can see we are one or two short, bringing players in the day before games can be unsettling and it would of been nice to see new faces early in the window. I suspect out current League position isn't helping us in our search for new blood, yet another problem that stems from poor managerial appointments in the past 12 months.

John - "Hello Simon? About getting Kevin Russell in and those signings we discussed....."

Simon - "Hello? Hello? John? You're breaking up. Can you hear me? John?? No, he's gone"

Stewardess - "Could you switch your phone off sir, we're about to take off"

Simon - "Abso-:censored:ing-lutely"

:grin:

True. Deals seem to be lined up early in the week then signed and announced towards the end of the week.

I guess it saves us a few days wages!

Nah, it puts the them on the back foot and disrupts their preparations.

Obviosuly , it has been very effective so far....!

PS I meant to say it disruptions the opposition, not us, obviously,. Though I am not certain....

Edited by singe

- 23rd placed team in League One

- lousy form

- three managers this season already

- either genuinely unable to pay top wages due to the SCMP (lower league FFP) or too tight to pay decent wages

- glamorous location and patient fans

I'm not holding my breath for exciting signings. A couple of loans (kids or desperate reserves), maybe a veteran free transfer or two. If it keeps us up, great, but I doubt we're in for a treat this window.

Edited by Crusoe

- 23rd placed team in League One

- lousy form

- three managers this season already

- either genuinely unable to pay top wages due to the SCMP (lower league FFP) or too tight to pay decent wages

- glamorous location and patient fans

I'm not holding my breath for exciting signings. A couple of loans (kids or desperate reserves), maybe a veteran free transfer or two. If it keeps us up, great, but I doubt we're in for a treat this window.

Glass half empty :laught16:

A couple of things to ponder?

1. Somebody out before he can bring someone in ... and I'm talking about a regular first-teamer not your Fullers of the squad

2. Team not being paid on time for the last three months is hardly likely to entice anyone in

Given the above....I'm not hopeful.

A couple of things to ponder?

1. Somebody out before he can bring someone in ... and I'm talking about a regular first-teamer not your Fullers of the squad

2. Team not being paid on time for the last three months is hardly likely to entice anyone in

Given the above....I'm not hopeful.

"1. Somebody out before he can bring someone in ... and I'm talking about a regular first-teamer not your Fullers of the squad"

Already done that...Danny P.

Point 2 is very valid though.

"1. Somebody out before he can bring someone in ... and I'm talking about a regular first-teamer not your Fullers of the squad"

Wasn't the Danny P deal done before DD left though. My guess is that the Danny P deal funded the managerial sackings. Some more first team departures will have to fund any transfer dealings.

Point 2 is incorrect reporting, it was one month paid late. Not ideal still I grant you.

Correct Corney has said money is being made available to strengthen, if we are going to fanny about and do it half hearted we may as well go with what we've got.

Once again it looks amateur and lacking in conviction, I suppose its a symptom of having a chairman who considers the football team as a distraction when flying in to Oldham to sort out his real business interests.

Is the issue not just that there haven't been any decent rumours for us to get our teeth in to? As others have said, deals are normally done later in the week. Plus they do the media stuff on a Thursday so not surprising that there hasn't been any news out of the club as yet.

We're just lacking a training ground spy, a personalised number plate in the car park, or one of the many solid sources on here coming forward with a bit of gossip.