Crowdfunding scoreboard

Talk about the kettle, I will post my opinions whether you like them or not.

in this case I pointed out a probable fact for which you didnt offer a constructive reply as to why it won't happen.

I think he was referring to another poster but given the tone of your replies of late it could apply to you to.

#Raincovers

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many fans out of the current 3500 hardcore (minus kids) are going to be willing to put towards this venture. I would take a generous guess at about half at the very best. £120000 / 1750 = £68 per person.

Do as many funky offers as you want but the club have no chance of squeezing that amount out of everyone. Never going to happen

Would be a good addition to the stadium if we could get the Scoreboard. An extra facility for fans showing old clips and latest scores etc as well as being another revenue source for the club.

Not seen anything yet I want to purchase from this tifosy but hopefully something good will come along soon. Maybe some of players shirts etc will be sold off at the end of the season to boost the fund, sure more and more items will come available.

I think he was referring to another poster but given the tone of your replies of late it could apply to you to.

#Raincovers

Whether agreeing or not my my covers post was constructive, some clubs have actually purchased them, have you a problem with that?

Anyway, I was referring to the club probably having a less budget next season, to which his reply to yarddog was in my opinion cynical and disgraceful.

Edited by BP1960

Would be a good addition to the stadium if we could get the Scoreboard. An extra facility for fans showing old clips and latest scores etc as well as being another revenue source for the club.

Not seen anything yet I want to purchase from this tifosy but hopefully something good will come along soon. Maybe some of players shirts etc will be sold off at the end of the season to boost the fund, sure more and more items will come available.

Aye, agree with this. Trying to get people to pay semi-significant amounts of money for absolute tat isn't going to entice many. £15 to get my name on a website, or £75 for Lee Croft's signature...

Aye, agree with this. Trying to get people to pay semi-significant amounts of money for absolute tat isn't going to entice many. £15 to get my name on a website, or £75 for Lee Croft's signature...

A Pay Off The Ref fund would secure backers.

£1000 per penalty, with every grand beyond a red card for an opposition player of your choice...

Whether agreeing or not my my covers post was constructive, some clubs have actually purchased them, have you a problem with that?

Anyway, I was referring to the club probably having a less budget next season, to which his reply to yarddog was in my opinion cynical and disgraceful.

He had a point though.

His incessant whining is annoying.

Think we can see the target is going to fall humiliatingly short.

Whoever thought £120k was in the ballpark of realistic needs their head testing...

Just over £7,000 raised in just over a week, with just under 7 weeks remaining. At this rate it will raise just over £50,000.

https://www.tifosy.com/en/campaigns/bring-matchdays-to-life-with-a-big-screen#campaign

Just over £7,000 raised in just over a week, with just under 7 weeks remaining. At this rate it will raise just over £50,000.

https://www.tifosy.com/en/campaigns/bring-matchdays-to-life-with-a-big-screen#campaign

Run rate has slowed down to the low hundreds a day.

Without significant corporate contributions this won't pass £20k.

Back in 1948 Latics attempted to sign the Middlesbrough and England international Wilf Mannion, who was in dispute with his club. Mannion was one of British football’s all-time greats. Shareholders and supporters were asked to help raise part of the £25,000 asking price, and the ‘Mannion Fund’ was formed. Latics fans raised £1,500

4355344775_a401713ca8.jpg

Courtesy of Stewart W. Beckett’s book ‘Pine Villa & Oldham Athletic - A 100 Year Journey’.

Mannion was keen to join Latics and one of the Club’s directors fixed him up with a job in the area, to help until his dispute was settled and a deal between the clubs struck. That never happened and the transaction collapsed, leaving the question over returning the £1,500 to so many unknown donors. Consequently the cash was banked until the early 1950s, when it was handed over to a charity.

Apparently £25,000 in 1948 now worth £873,311.33. That made me think of an Ian Olney type sum (£750,000) but that was 1992 which is now worth £1,438,316.25. Our current squad has a combined value of......next to nowt !!

Having priced them up myself Im struggling to see why we would need to pay anywhere near the amount quoted, a totally adequate LED scoreboard could be purchased for a quarter of the price asked.

Yes but they somehow have to pay Gianluca Vialli to do a talk about how good a scoreboard is and how the ground is much better than when he came to BP as Watford manager.

Which he didn't.

Yes but they somehow have to pay Gianluca Vialli to do a talk about how good a scoreboard is and how the ground is much better than when he came to BP as Watford manager.

Which he didn't.

.....he played at BP for Chelsea... and scored both goals in a 2-0 FA Cup 3rd round game in 1999.