• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was definitely a fan of LJ during his time here, I genuinely think that if his spell here had lasted longer he would have turned us into promotion contenders. I was gutted when it turned out he was leaving especially as it appears he was preparing to leave for quite a while before he actually did. Of course we will never know whether a conversation between SC and LJ along the lines of "if an offer ever comes in for you Lee we're taking it" took place prompting him to get his lap top out and fire Powerpoint up.

So whilst to some degree I can see why LJ himself would choose to go when he did, after all he's had no real attachment to the club, but Tommy Wright............. that t**t can f**k off!!

I was definitely a fan of LJ during his time here, I genuinely think that if his spell here had lasted longer he would have turned us into promotion contenders. I was gutted when it turned out he was leaving especially as it appears he was preparing to leave for quite a while before he actually did. Of course we will never know whether a conversation between SC and LJ along the lines of "if an offer ever comes in for you Lee we're taking it" took place prompting him to get his lap top out and fire Powerpoint up.

So whilst to some degree I can see why LJ himself would choose to go when he did, after all he's had no real attachment to the club, but Tommy Wright............. that t**t can f**k off!!

I don't know if that conversation specifically happened...but I imagine it did once Simon had the heads up from an acquaintance at Brighton that LJ had applied there for the managers job in 2014.

It's a good statement that. The club has a clear goal and structure in place and they recognise individuals will come and go so will be planning for continuity. Unlike our scattergun approach to recruitment.

It's like they knew he would be off at the earliest opportunity.....

To be fair to us, we had a right to expect a degree of loyalty after giving him his first shot.

Barnsley knew what to expect.

Anyway, simply a damage limitation statement.

They would not have put that out if he had gone after the 8 game losing run...

Anyone think he may come back in for Kelly now, I had a chat with Johnson when Korey Smith left and he said to me dont worry about Korey leaving I' ve a player twice as good replacing him, I don't entirely agree with that but theres no doubt he rates Kelly very highly.

There was an interesting article, where basically he went to JCH's (IIRC) house unannounced and found everything healthy in the fridge, and all tiday and correct. Until they got to the bedroom and he was sleeping on a lilo or similar, a blow up bed at the most!

He'd probably have that sort of stuffwith some Barnsley players and could rule the roost over them.

I can't see him being able to rule over players at Bristol City's level though.

It will be intereting to see, he may just have bitten off more than he can chew. He's won nowt yet.

Anyone think he may come back in for Kelly now, I had a chat with Johnson when Korey Smith left and he said to me dont worry about Korey leaving I' ve a player twice as good replacing him, I don't entirely agree with that but theres no doubt he rates Kelly very highly.

He won't be getting him before the end of the season regardless.

He won't be getting him before the end of the season regardless.

Which is a good point. It is a strange time to go .

He has not got a window. There is a high chance they could get relegated.

It's not even beyond the realms they will swap places with Barnsley.

But I suppose it could be argued it was the same as us.

Double the crowds though, so I gues double the budget. Again similar to here.

He probably has the budget at Barnsely to take Kelly off our hands but hasn't done so. Kelly is definitely not twice the player Smith is.

There was an interesting article, where basically he went to JCH's (IIRC) house unannounced and found everything healthy in the fridge, and all tiday and correct. Until they got to the bedroom and he was sleeping on a lilo or similar, a blow up bed at the most!

He'd probably have that sort of stuffwith some Barnsley players and could rule the roost over them.

I can't see him being able to rule over players at Bristol City's level though.

It will be intereting to see, he may just have bitten off more than he can chew. He's won nowt yet.

People seem to be going to some effort to suggest his strengths won't be of any use at Bristol City.

For me the further up the ladder LJ gets the easier it will be for him to get across his ideas, those who dont comply will be shipped out and replaced, something he couldn't do with us and to a degree at Barnsley.

For what its worth I think he will do well at Bristol and he should keep them up.

For me the further up the ladder LJ gets the easier it will be for him to get across his ideas, those who dont comply will be shipped out and replaced, something he couldn't do with us and to a degree at Barnsley.

For what its worth I think he will do well at Bristol and he should keep them up.

For me, he will be dealing with more intelligent players, who have heard it more often.

That's only my hunch.

Time will tell.

Did we have a sell on fee on lee johnson? Do any of the 'experts' know? ? haha, glad barnsley are getting a taste of their own medicine. TW will follow him like a sheep again. He'll need all the look he can get, as soon as he does a terrible job somewhere, he'll be sacked and no one will want him. Lucky he wasn't out of a job earlier this season IMO.

Did we have a sell on fee on lee johnson? Do any of the 'experts' know? haha, glad barnsley are getting a taste of their own medicine. TW will follow him like a sheep again. He'll need all the look he can get, as soon as he does a terrible job somewhere, he'll be sacked and no one will want him. Lucky he wasn't out of a job earlier this season IMO.

His leaving hurt you bad, eh?