Pitch inspection at 11

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The main web site is linked to Twitter. Look at the wall and all live updates are there. It's quicker for instant updates than to do a full web site post!

As soon as it was called off it was there!

It only takes minutes surely for the webmaster to post a headline all can immediately see ?

It's been pissing down for months. Worst ever. The ground is saturated. It's never had chance to dry out. Additional heavy rain makes a waterlogged pitch inevitable.

Why is this anyone's fault? Some very angry people looking to take out their frustrations on all club related issues.

Bring back the plastic.

True, I live in the area and even ground which usually copes well with rain has been sodden for a good two months.

Guest nonaenever

let's hope we are waterlogged every week and we make an arrangement to play all our remaining games away from home - we might stay up then - and there will certainly be some better atmospheres than Boundary Morgue!

let's hope we are waterlogged every week and we make an arrangement to play all our remaining games away from home - we might stay up then - and there will certainly be some better atmospheres than Boundary Morgue!

There are 5 reasons why I was happy it was off;

1. One dayer v. SA. Buttler just scored 3 consecutive sixes

2. 6 nations on

3. We are :censored: at home

4. It will be better to play Blackpool away before we lose to them at BP

5. Loan window opens Monday

6. Its raining

7. Under orders to get home early tonight.

I know its more than 5 but I could carry on

Edited by ChaddySmoker

GAME ON!! SPOKE TO THE CLUB GAME ON CALL THEM IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME BUT IS ON

Do you get a cheap thrill by trying to inconvenience latics supporters?

Fortunately everyone knows you talk rubbish so you don't but I'm curious what the excitement you obviously feel is

Do you get a cheap thrill by trying to inconvenience latics supporters?

Fortunately everyone knows you talk rubbish so you don't but I'm curious what the excitement you obviously feel is

I dont get it, why would someone put something on here that is so obviously incorrect?

Strange how the human mind works sometimes.

No, they look for a main headline, in fact Its a main headline now - an hour after the event.

The inspections all should have been the top headline on club official news & have been for the last God knows how many years

I have never looked at the 'wall' and only look at the main headlines which you would think that a chance of the game being called off would be on. Poor by the club today imo.

They can't be blamed for games being called off but they should at least let fans know in the simpleist possible way.

The inspections all should have been the top headline on club official news & have been for the last God knows how many years

I have never looked at the 'wall' and only look at the main headlines which you would think that a chance of the game being called off would be on. Poor by the club today imo.

They can't be blamed for games being called off but they should at least let fans know in the simpleist possible way.

But its easier and quicker to do it via social media, it was eventually published as a main article too. You can't moan about communication when the information is published in various places......

But its easier and quicker to do it via social media, it was eventually published as a main article too. You can't moan about communication when the information is published in various places......

It takes a few minutes to write a headline, an area obviously designed to catch the eye, unlike a twitter feed in small lettering. It was an hour later before it was shown as the headline. Very poor communication from the club IMO, something they said would get better. Edited by BP1960

As popular as it is not everybody has a twitter or Facebook. I only sorted a twitter account less than 6 months ago & my go to site when in doubt is here or for official news the club site where I only check the main headlines to see if anything is worth reading.

Edited by palmer1

Game should have been called off sooner than 1.30. This is the second time I have travelled 35 miles to arrive at BP to find the game cancelled. Do the club think that all the fans live in Oldham and leave home at 2.30 etc

You get the feeling that they don't have a clue where people travel from and don't care either

Treat 'em mean and keep 'em keen !

Not for much longer though, there's only so much that people can take

Game should have been called off sooner than 1.30. This is the second time I have travelled 35 miles to arrive at BP to find the game cancelled. Do the club think that all the fans live in Oldham and leave home at 2.30 etc

It was perfectly reasonable to leave it till the inspection at 1pm. And that was the referees decision not the club. It is the refs responsibility to determine when inspections take place - and their outcome.

By all means feel frustrated and annoyed that you set off - but don't lay that at Latics door.

Oh and by the way, I've twice left home north of York and been well over the M62 before games have been postponed so don't think I don't share the frustration