Signings that have made big impacts over the years

Reflecting on the impact of the 4 new players brought in by Sheridan yesterday, it's hard to over estimate in my opinion the influence hat Palmer, Gerrard, Main and Holloway have had on this team.

What other signings over the years have had real impact?

Eyrsey, Carrs and Sheridan spring to mind immediately.

Think that Wjinard was a key player that made us genuine play-off contenders under Dowie.

Going back much further, Redfearn (17 goals from midfield in a championship winning side) and probably Ricky Holden (would love to know the assist stats for him during the 89/90 and 90/91 seasons - must have been up there with anyone else in Europe at the time).

Can we put the Main and Holloway love-in into context please.

Main missed a sitter to win a fixture we will have looked at as winnable and although Holloway has looked decent, he's not set the world alight.

If you consider these to be 'big impacts' then Petrasso and so many others who scored on debut would be on the list, never mind these two strikers who haven't got a goal yet in 5 or 6 combined games...

Can we put the Main and Holloway love-in into context please.

Main missed a sitter to win a fixture we will have looked at as winnable and although Holloway has looked decent, he's not set the world alight.

If you consider these to be 'big impacts' then Petrasso and so many others who scored on debut would be on the list, never mind these two strikers who haven't got a goal yet in 5 or 6 combined games...

But they run around a lot...

But they run around a lot...

Both are in the running for the "Paul Warne - effort not output" award this season after a very short period at the club.

With regards to some of the other comments:

Duplicate thread - missed it, sorry.

Main / Holloway love in - I think the positive approach and effort that the entire produced on Saturday against a top of the table side is the 'impact', and they were a key part in that for me.

Not a Latics example, but one that springs to mind of having a negative impact was Asprilla at Newcastle.

A good, if bonkers, player that seemed to unsettle what was a very good Newcastle side and in the end I think was a big part of why the wheels fell off at St James that season and resulted in Manchester United getting the title.

Both are in the running for the "Paul Warne - effort not output" award this season after a very short period at the club.

With regards to some of the other comments:

Duplicate thread - missed it, sorry.

Main / Holloway love in - I think the positive approach and effort that the entire produced on Saturday against a top of the table side is the 'impact', and they were a key part in that for me.

Same people praising were saying Main was hopeless and should be sent back after playing 20 minutes on Tuesday...

We've generally been decent against the top sides all season: Wigan, Millwall, Walsall, Gillingham, Coventry