Season Tickets 2016-17 (Ticket Hotline: 0161 785 5150)

I'm contributing to the discussion without blasphemy or swearing:

Oh dear.

Number of disabled tickets; undisclosed.

Number of senior tickets; undisclosed.

Number of junior tickets; undisclosed.

Number of adult tickets; undisclosed

Total number of tickets sold undisclosed.

Ask the club if you want the information. They did supply 1,000 as an overall number at a specific point in time.

By all means stick like glue to the £150,000 based on the only fact we have, 1,000 tickets. But allow someone to challenge you for a few facts without getting shirty.

I think I used the term "The discount is c£150k based on 1,000 sales" - I don't think using a c£ figure is "sticking like glue". I've no problem with the mention of unknown concession sales and subsequent sales after the 1,000 figure was supplied by the club.

But if you thought I was offering up £150k as a gospel cold hard fact you've misinterpreted what I intended. It won't be a million miles off though.

Edited by opinions4u

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are quite a few assumptions being made regarding the financial consequences of the deal.

For me the assumption that 1,000 season tickets equates to a cost of £150,000 will be well wide of the mark.

Similar to the previous poster I renewed 2 seniors and 2 juniors. The juniors I purchased for convenience and were not included in the deal.

The cost to the club for my 4 tickets will be £120 not a potential £600.

What facts do you have to back up your statement that £150k will be "well wide of the mark"?

What facts do you have to back up your statement that £150k will be "well wide of the mark"?

If we were just talking 1,000 tickets, with adults and concessions, it clearly will be.

But there has been an extra month's sales (with reduced incentive after the Blackpool game) since then, which while I doubt will be anywhere near the speed of sales seen in the first three days will have upped the number well beyond 1,000.

I believe adult sales usually outnumber concessions including OAPS by 2:1. That's an approximation. I can't provide evidence that it's absolutely spot on.

If we were just talking 1,000 tickets, with adults and concessions, it clearly will be.

But there has been an extra month's sales (with reduced incentive after the Blackpool game) since then, which while I doubt will be anywhere near the speed of sales seen in the first three days will have upped the number well beyond 1,000.

I believe adult sales usually outnumber concessions including OAPS by 2:1. That's an approximation. I can't provide evidence that it's absolutely spot on.

I'm bored with this now - can anyone who wants to continue this discussion please get a room? Thanks.

Apologies to those who are bored and need to read every post but... Season Tickets for 2016-2017 are still being sold.

With less than 600 posts in 7years I would hardly be in line for gong for banter.

Without challenging any comments on this thread the £150,000 figure is related to fans concerns for the financial welfare of the club. It came about after a club announcement that over 1,000 ST's had been sold. A potential payout to the club was placed at 1,000 adults. We can all agree that was never going to happen, even without any facts.

We don't know how many further sales were made before the last match against Swindon. But if it was a substantial number of sales (I personally doubt) the payout by the club could indeed approach £150,000 or beyond. However, this scenario would also indicate a much higher level of income than the 1,000 sales mark thus reducing the financial impact of the £150,000 it would cost the club.

Enjoy todays game and especiallyFleetwood next week.

Apologies to those who are bored and need to read every post but... Season Tickets for 2016-2017 are still being sold.

With less than 600 posts in 7years I would hardly be in line for gong for banter.

Without challenging any comments on this thread the £150,000 figure is related to fans concerns for the financial welfare of the club. It came about after a club announcement that over 1,000 ST's had been sold. A potential payout to the club was placed at 1,000 adults. We can all agree that was never going to happen, even without any facts.

We don't know how many further sales were made before the last match against Swindon. But if it was a substantial number of sales (I personally doubt) the payout by the club could indeed approach £150,000 or beyond. However, this scenario would also indicate a much higher level of income than the 1,000 sales mark thus reducing the financial impact of the £150,000 it would cost the club.

Enjoy todays game and especiallyFleetwood next week.

On reflection I think I owe you an apology.

My response above was a little more robust than needed.

I'm sorry.

I'm sorry.

If only more had the nouse to say that, not saying it would have done but it often stops silly little things turning into feuds.

I'm sorry.

I fully accept your apology and must accept some responsibility for the way I put some of my observations across.

Certainly far worse things are said and intimated on the forum.

We are all wired differently and it's nice to see common sense and civility prevail.

On with the cause.

Get season tickets on sale for 250 quid while there's a massive positive vibe around the club, would sell at least another 3000/3500 surely

Think you are dreaming

Why on earth would 3000 people suddenly buy a ST? That would make over 4000 in total .

Difficulty is that whilst the ones that go are impressed, a cursory glance at the league table is still unlikely to get the stat always beating a path to the turnstiles just yet.

Results and performances are encouraging given where we are, but we are not exactly playing free flowing football that attracts the less than diehards.

A good summer in terms of keeping and recruiting well and a positive start next season and we might start seeing the gates increase

Be interesting to see the breakdown of just how many tickets were sold before each game. I'd imagine most were sold before the first game and the majority of discount will be the full 150, but surely there was some take up at the 2nd 3rd and 4th stages

Be interesting to see the breakdown of just how many tickets were sold before each game. I'd imagine most were sold before the first game and the majority of discount will be the full 150, but surely there was some take up at the 2nd 3rd and 4th stages

There was a cut off point wasn't there?

Get season tickets on sale for 250 quid while there's a massive positive vibe around the club, would sell at least another 3000/3500 surely

Only in the bubble that is the OWTB forum could it be thought that our worst finishing position since 1969 has created a positive vibe that will see season tickets sales double

Only in the bubble that is the OWTB forum could it be thought that our worst finishing position since 1969 has created a positive vibe that will see season tickets sales double

Maybe it's just me then, too positive. Double is abit of an exaggeration anyway, sold over 3k this year. I'm just hoping they reduce the price to 250 this season

The positive vibe is from our promotion form under Shez not the season as a whole. Roll on a full season of the Shezurrection.

Only in the bubble that is magisters head could it be thought that this is what was being said.

Maybe it's just me then, too positive. Double is abit of an exaggeration anyway, sold over 3k this year. I'm just hoping they reduce the price to 250 this season

I believe the figure given out by the club was around 2300 this season.

Strangely there has been no official statement on how well the last giveaway went. We know it went well for the fans who were willing/able to support it. Personally I can't see a profit in another £100 giveaway.