Season Tickets 2016-17 (Ticket Hotline: 0161 785 5150)

Just a thought......would anyone consider giving some of the refund to PlayerShare, effectively boosting the player budget for next season?

I'm keeping the first £50 for myself, but I was thinking of donating £25 to PlayerShare and £25 to the #KnowTheScore fundraiser.

Can someone remind me how I would make a one-off donation to PlayerShare?

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm keeping the first £50 for myself, but I was thinking of donating £25 to PlayerShare and £25 to the #KnowTheScore fundraiser.

Can someone remind me how I would make a one-off donation to PlayerShare?

Al details here.

A bill payment with the standing order numbers would be my choice.

http://www.trustoldham.co.uk/latics-playershare/

Edited by opinions4u

I've got a vision of Mr Corney reading the threads about hedging the offer and going down to Ladbrokes with a massive sack full of cash

He have been a fool not to.

Someone I know was sat in front of Simon Corney in his box yesterday. He said it was nice to see SC's reaction to the goal and final whistle. Unless he was drunk or a good actor, he seemed genuinely excited by the result.

So there may be some truth in your vision.

I think there will be very few feeling that generous. I did forget until an hour or two after each of the two wins but when I remember it is like winning twice.

I would agree, but if the Shezurrection becomes the Great Escape 2, some may want to want to contribute to the messiah's budget for next season.

The budget would have been even worse had there been no offer and people stuck to their word and not bothered renewing. Like so many had threatened to do.

Great offer and if we stay up on the back of 2/3 home wins then happy days

League 1. 6 clubs who will bring 1600+

League 2. No club who will bring more than 600 bar pompey who will probably go up

Edited by Rocky_Latic

The budget would have been even worse had there been no offer and people stuck to their word and not bothered renewing. Like so many had threatened to do.

Great offer and if we stay up on the back of 2/3 home wins then happy days

League 1. 6 clubs who will bring 1600+

League 2. No club who will bring more than 600 bar pompey who will probably go up

Disagree.

This will have lost the club more money than it earnt them.

Disagree.

Before the offer there was loads saying they weren't going to renew. We were 2nd faves for the drop and looked doomed. No one will ever know how many people wouldn't have bothered next season. I wouldn't have myself if we'd gone down and looking at the teams in league 2 doubt I'd have stepped foot in BP next season the 3 lads I go with were all the same. So there's a grand the club have at present they wouldn't have seen had they not done anything to entice and try to keep people interested

Our budget is never going to compete with the elite of th8s league. Burton and to lesser extents Walsall and dale prove you don't need big budgets to do well

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Disagree.

There's no way of telling that at all. I know some people who have ST's and will buy again but couldn't get the cash together now for ST's. Add to that, I know some who are happy Shez is back and have paid through the gate since his return and are considering returning next season.

As said above, relegation/David Dunn/No incentives could've knocked off a hell of a lot of ST holders...the offer has been a success and hopefully, we can get another 300/400 ST holders on the back of Shez and League One football at £350 meaning an extra £105,000-£140,000 then everyone's happy.

Just a thought......would anyone consider giving some of the refund to PlayerShare, effectively boosting the player budget for next season?

I am helping my grandson with mine....he is 17 for the next season...still at school, so not in work...How do they think he is going to afford £180 quid?

Before the offer there was loads saying they weren't going to renew. We were 2nd faves for the drop and looked doomed. No one will ever know how many people wouldn't have bothered next season. I wouldn't have myself if we'd gone down and looking at the teams in league 2 doubt I'd have stepped foot in BP next season the 3 lads I go with were all the same. So there's a grand the club have at present they wouldn't have seen had they not done anything to entice and try to keep people interested

Our budget is never going to compete with the elite of th8s league. Burton and to lesser extents Walsall and dale prove you don't need big budgets to do well

It was a good piece of generosity on behalf of the club, and also a useful hedge for them to soften the blow of relegation or a continuation of the Dunn form, but I reckon with Shez in charge we'd probably have retained enough season-ticket holders without the offer. Nobody can say for definite, we've just got different opinions.

It is true you don't need a big budget, but it helps. While you might occasionally see small budgets in the top 6, you very rarely see big budgets in the bottom 4.

There's no way of telling that at all. I know some people who have ST's and will buy again but couldn't get the cash together now for ST's. Add to that, I know some who are happy Shez is back and have paid through the gate since his return and are considering returning next season.

As said above, relegation/David Dunn/No incentives could've knocked off a hell of a lot of ST holders...the offer has been a success and hopefully, we can get another 300/400 ST holders on the back of Shez and League One football at £350 meaning an extra £105,000-£140,000 then everyone's happy.

The way I've seen it is that we're going to gain very few new ST holders from this incentive, only maybe pick up a few who were uncertain of returning, and the rest taking up the offer will be those who would renew regardless.

If we'd reduced tickets to £200 across the board, which may be the end result of the incentive if we beat Swindon, we might have gained another 500-1000 ST holders. But that could've been disastrous if we go down.

End of the day it was a gamble from the club on the basis we'd be relegated - if we go down the club wins, if we stay up the fans win. I'm going off my own estimates, you're right that nobody knows for sure.

I am helping my grandson with mine....he is 17 for the next season...still at school, so not in work...How do they think he is going to afford £180 quid?

When I was 17 and still at school I had a part-time job. I was (under-age) drinking by then and needed the money to fuel my habit...oh and I went to every home game too just didn't have a season ticket in those days. Tell him to get off his backside and work for his money!

When I was 17 and still at school I had a part-time job. I was (under-age) drinking by then and needed the money to fuel my habit...oh and I went to every home game too just didn't have a season ticket in those days. Tell him to get off his backside and work for his money!

It does seem daft. A level students (and even University students if they don't lace their demands with lashings of entitlement) should be allowed to pay kids prices.

The problem is the wage of many a 17 or 18 year old with a job often provides more disposable income than many grown adults enjoy, especially a grown adult with a family....

But why should a kid who isn't academic and is working his bollocks off have to pay more than his clever mate?

It's a minefield...

Cheap tickets for under 21's would seem to make sense though on the basis they're probably the demographic most likely to come as a group and are the people the club needs to keep hooked & away from the dark side as they move into adulthood and full season ticket prices....

But £180 does represent a discount to be fair. I did A levels and had part time jobs to finance my weekend shenanigans.

It's probably as much the fact that to a student money has a different value, not to mention many wouldn't even have much disposable income for football with a part-time job. The club would have virtually no paying fans for that age-group if they charged £22 a ticket. - they probably do it partly out of business sense.

Edited by NewBlue

The intermediary season ticket was progress.

I do think, with the mandatory raising of school leaving age recently, that the club should be charging child prices to all 16,17 and 18 year olds.

Perhaps a campaign the Trust could latch on to and use its influence to achieve.

It does seem daft. A level students (and even University students if they don't lace their demands with lashings of entitlement) should be allowed to pay kids prices.

The problem is the wage of many a 17 or 18 year old with a job often provides more disposable income than many grown adults enjoy, especially a grown adult with a family....

But why should a kid who isn't academic and is working his bollocks off have to pay more than his clever mate?

It's a minefield...

Cheap tickets for under 21's would seem to make sense though on the basis they're probably the demographic most likely to come as a group and are the people the club needs to keep hooked & away from the dark side as they move into adulthood and full season ticket prices....

But £180 does represent a discount to be fair. I did A levels and had part time jobs to finance my weekend shenanigans.

And, thinking about the long term impact, it's probably better not to risk giving these kids an excuse to not to attend, when they might not come back.