Oldham v Blackpool

Journey

To the tune of 'Ernie'

You can hear the groans abound as the balls launched out the ground, and the tremor in the pitch as his fists they duly pound, another chance blazed skywards, another sitter missed, yep Curtis Main's up front again no wonder I get pissed.

Now Curtis has a rival for his shots that go astray, a bloke from Wycombe's second team called Amadi-Holloway. Twelve games they've played between them and they've yet to find the net, but Philly bagged us seven and he'll score tonight I bet

Our strikers aren't producing, they just cannot score a goal, and with Philly and Rhys Murphy gone we're in a massive hole. But Shez will be our saviour, he's found a kraut to score, one single goal in twenty five is why we'll still be bottom four.

Excellent!

Needs a Chorus:

Jour-ney men and Bove are just the best we can expect.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Immensely important win, no matter the manner. Dragged a few sides back into the mix importantly - especially with Fleetwood losing tonight they're within sight. The game away at their place will be enormous from the looks of it. Hopefully will see a sell-out like last season.

Rochdale are a poor side away from home, so three points should be targeted. Likely to be circa 4500 home fans on Saturday too, and the atmosphere should be decent.

7 out of 9 points at home in the last three fixtures - it was all about getting that ball rolling with the Gillingham win. Think the voodoo is firmly cast aside now and we should start having a home record that should be expected.

3 points will do for me in a scrappy game.First half really poor and thought there was no urgency in the players in such an important game.Second half much better with Holloway and Palmer outstanding.Great goal which flew past their giant keeper.

Dreadful first half. Thankfully we played a bit more football second half and scored a very good goal.

Need to get balls in the box earlier when in good positions though.

Main put in a huge shift, tracking back deep late-on. Jones played a lot better second half, although his and Kelly's bookings were laughable.

We still need to improve though for Saturday.

£50 back!

It may have been that Forte was :censored:, although tbf he did look useful.

Our full backs never overlapped which contributed to a lack of chances we missed Dummigan and Lafferty tonight as it would have given them more to think about out wide.

The 1 moment of quality in the game won it Palmer and Kelly were good in the centre Holloway showed excellent hold up play upfront and was man of the match won't score many but will hold it up well and bring people into play.

Expect more nervy finishes we don't have enough to beat teams by 2 and 3 goals but we have enough to win enough games to get the right side of the line. Crewec and Col U have gone Blackpool are a club in turmoil Doncaster and Fleetwood have abit more about them overtaking them will be tougher but it can be done.

Our full backs never overlapped which contributed to a lack of chances we missed Dummigan and Lafferty tonight as it would have given them more to think about out wide.

The 1 moment of quality in the game won it Palmer and Kelly were good in the centre Holloway showed excellent hold up play upfront and was man of the match won't score many but will hold it up well and bring people into play.

Expect more nervy finishes we don't have enough to beat teams by 2 and 3 goals but we have enough to win enough games to get the right side of the line. Crewec and Col U have gone Blackpool are a club in turmoil Doncaster and Fleetwood have abit more about them overtaking them will be tougher but it can be done.

To be fair to the Wilsons they defended well enough.

Great win and that!

We need to sign that Hayden White lad, he was one of the best players I've seen at BP this season!

Now don't get me wrong as I thought Forte was :censored:, but I can't be the only one disagrees with what I believe to be the most outrageous statement I've heard for some time.

That White fella was one of the worst football players I've ever seen. He was big and clumsy, so Forte found it hard to actually pass him (though ill reserves my thoughts on Forte for now), but he was truly horrendous.

Now don't get me wrong as I thought Forte was :censored:, but I can't be the only one disagrees with what I believe to be the most outrageous statement I've heard for some time.

That White fella was one of the worst football players I've ever seen. He was big and clumsy, so Forte found it hard to actually pass him (though ill reserves my thoughts on Forte for now), but he was truly horrendous.

White was superb. He had one mess up with the goalkeeper but apart from that, solid as a rock.

Main looked good on the left flank after Forte was subbed, maybe he can play there Saturday instead of Forte and fit in Theile up front?

Jones form is worrying? not the answer out wide.

Edited by BP1960

Na, Hayden White was superb for them both times we've played them this season.

Has the look of a clumsy, slow, tactically unaware footballer but is actually very very sound defensively, does what's needed and not once in 180 minutes of football has one of our wingers got past him or beaten him to a header.

Only thing he's done wrong in two games was that clearance that went for a corner off his knee.

Na, Hayden White was superb for them both times we've played them this season.

Has the look of a clumsy, slow, tactically unaware footballer but is actually very very sound defensively, does what's needed and not once in 180 minutes of football has one of our wingers got past him or beaten him to a header.

Only thing he's done wrong in two games was that clearance that went for a corner off his knee.

White was good as was Potts and the centre forward, apart from them the rest of their team offered very little.

Main looked good on the left flank after Forte was subbed, maybe he can play there Saturday instead of Forte and fit in Theile up front?

Jones form is worrying? not the answer out wide.

I said he's worth a go on the right at half time.

Pace, power, intent - and a better finisher would be on the end of any crosses he managed to get in :grin: