Darren Kelly

I still don't understand the glee that some posters show about Kelly failing at other clubs...... as far as I'm aware did nothing malicious towards Latics when he was here or afterwards....

I agree with your sentiment regarding him being a human being, who has a family to support and people who love him..... However, what is patently obvious, even to the layman, is that he is hopelessly out of his depth attempting to pursue a career as a football manager.

Albert Einstein said, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results". He's not insane, but he's not very bright.

While there was no intention to act maliciously toward my beloved football club, he is partly responsible (along with our reckless board of directors & David dunn) for us very nearly getting relegated, so please forgive me for not being full of sympathy.

I harbour no ill feelings and wish him well, but he needs to take a long hard look in the mirror and his friends & loved ones need to give him the tough love he requires. Focus on what he's clearly well qualified to do, coach.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't understand the glee that some posters show about Kelly failing at other clubs.

He was the wrong appointment for us but as far as I'm aware did nothing malicious towards Latics when he was here or afterwards

The man is a human being, has had a lousy year and he and his family must be feeling rotten . He has tried to be a success at something he obviously loves and failed. Would any of us want to be in that position?

Time for him to re-assess his ambitions probably, but also time for us to stop seeming to revel in his misfortune.

I feel angry that he sold himself to have ability and skill sets he obviously did not posses to an organisation I care deeply for. Sure there is a buyer beware argument and a professional club like Oldham should have done due diligence. At the end of the day you can blame the buyer for buying a dodgy car but I think the salesman must take most responsibility.

He can f-off and enjoy his comeuppance.

no sympathy

I still don't understand the glee that some posters show about Kelly failing at other clubs.

He was the wrong appointment for us but as far as I'm aware did nothing malicious towards Latics when he was here or afterwards

The man is a human being, has had a lousy year and he and his family must be feeling rotten . He has tried to be a success at something he obviously loves and failed. Would any of us want to be in that position?

Time for him to re-assess his ambitions probably, but also time for us to stop seeming to revel in his misfortune.

Lousy year?? He's managed to blag three jobs that are clearly way above his current ability. I'd say he's had a pretty good year!

I don't revel in anyone's misfortune personally, but if he didn't realise he wasn't ready for management after Latics, he certainly should have realised it after Halifax. The fact he's just continuing to go for management jobs in a timeframe when he's unlikely to have learned anything new just comes across as either arrogance or stupidity or both..

It looks like he's going to have to go back to coaching now, but it'll take a really desperate club to appoint him as manager again. I mean, who would really want a manager who's been sacked three times in a season at any point in the future??

Lousy year?? He's managed to blag three jobs that are clearly way above his current ability. I'd say he's had a pretty good year!

I don't revel in anyone's misfortune personally, but if he didn't realise he wasn't ready for management after Latics, he certainly should have realised it after Halifax. The fact he's just continuing to go for management jobs in a timeframe when he's unlikely to have learned anything new just comes across as either arrogance or stupidity or both..

It looks like he's going to have to go back to coaching now, but it'll take a really desperate club to appoint him as manager again. I mean, who would really want a manager who's been sacked three times in a season at any point in the future??

Sums the situation up very well. I wish him no ill on a personal level, but professionally he doesn't get any sympathy from me. Dunn made a smart choice going back to Blackburn for a coaching role. He'll have a fair amount of time to learn in a good environment and, who knows, he might get another shot at management in the not too distant future. Kelly took difficult jobs with enough exposure that failure would be acknowledged by people in football. As a result his reputation in that career choice might be one of the worst in the country and he's near enough unhirable as a manager. Maybe as a coach too.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

His record is getting steadily worse as he moves down the leagues.

'Dazzlers Under-9's Soccer Academy' awaits.

My son is the under 9's year. I really would not sign up to his up academy if he had one. I'm a responsible parent, I look at who us providing the training. I'd look at his record and I'd look for another academy. This could affect him for some years to come. Edited by singe

He also took over three clubs that had been languishing at the bottom of their respective divisions for quite sometime. None of the falls have been of Mourinho proportions. That not to say he's a good un, but some perspective please.

He also took over three clubs that had been languishing at the bottom of their respective divisions for quite sometime.....

Halifax finished 9th last season. No, sorry Lags, this doesn't wash. Keep taking jobs and hoping that you'll do what Shez has just done for us but with no positive experiences to fall back on, thereby destined to fail, meaning any realistic chance you have of creating a sustainable career in your dream profession becomes even more remote, is stupidity.

Halifax finished 9th last season. No, sorry Lags, this doesn't wash. Keep taking jobs and hoping that you'll do what Shez has just done for us but with no positive experiences to fall back on, thereby destined to fail, meaning any realistic chance you have of creating a sustainable career in your dream profession becomes even more remote, is stupidity.

Nothing to say he won't be managing Hyde next season, he might have been temporary with an option to take the post on a longer term basis, advertising the post just gives Hyde other options.

Edited by BP1960