Spamella the Elderly Pig.

Corney out !!?? Justice for Chaddy??

After a long association with Oldham Athletic, it is with regret we announce Chaddy the Owl’s departure from the football club.
The club mascot, synonymous with all Oldham Athletic supporters, past and present, has seen it all at SportsDirect.com Park over the years.
From a Wembley appearance in 1990 to being crowned the league winners in 1990/91, Chaddy has had a birdseye view throughout the club’s triumphs.
However, it’s time to fly the nest for Chaddy, with a replacement already lined up, waiting in the wings.
Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome, Spamella the Elderly Pig.

Read more at http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/breaking-chaddy-the-owl-to-be-replaced-3035985.aspx#eDY0lHf3IzE6LwiJ.99
Edited by kowenicki

Date?

Sigh. At least play along a little. Whats the point of the club going to such lengths of dressing Crofty up and taking a picture if all you do is poo poo it as an April fool within the first few minutes. :shakeit:

Admittedly the dressing up of Crofty for that pic wouldn't need much or take that long...

Edited by kowenicki

Can this be true or has someone broken into the official site? I mean Spam(ella). It must be a joke. Surely they would go the whole hog and have a large black rather than a pork sausage and what will the vegans think. I'm studiously avoiding religious connotations.

Sigh. At least play along a little. Whats the point of the club going to such lengths of dressing Crofty up and taking a picture if all you do is poo poo it as an April fool within the first few minutes. :shakeit:

Admittedly the dressing up of Crofty for that pic wouldn't need much or take that long...

Sorry I'm obsessed with not getting caught by April Fooks ever since the spaghetti tree!

I think the best April Fools jokes are the ones where you aren't quite sure if it's true or not. But I guess, on the basis of their decision making in the past 18 months, they had to go something that was very obviously a joke, or we'd all probably have believed it and gone in to meltdown.

I think the best April Fools jokes are the ones where you aren't quite sure if it's true or not. But I guess, on the basis of their decision making in the past 18 months, they had to go something that was very obviously a joke, or we'd all probably have believed it and gone in to meltdown.

'John Sheridan has left the club by mutual consent. The club would like to put on record their thanks to John, and wish him success in his future endeavours.'

'The North Stand will be renamed "The Furman End," after the club's greatest ever captain, recently decided on Twitter'

bet it went down well in certain parts of oldham.....#afkinpigforfuxsake :laught30:

According to Dave we're a Christian country - 'Values of the Christian faith are the values on which our nation was built', so y'know - Leviticus 11:7-8, Deuteronomy 14:8 and that.

As an Atheist I'm first against the wall so to speak, but the flipside is that I can enjoy bacon and eggs. And rabbit.