Sheridan - Every vacant managerial post?

And yet again the question is - who will replace Corney and the current board?

Those who agitate for them to go immediately don't seem to be able to suggest who would pay for the privilege , and then invest more.

It would be great if we had a new, dynamic, affluent owner and set of directors....but who are they?

I'm getting to the stage where I think we'd be better off in admin. We don't realise the best value on our assets anyway and there's the hope that the administrators wouldn't be pricks as the current lot are.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad I'm getting the blame! How's about all the smug twats harping on about what a good deal they got for their season tickets, absolute shower of :censored:e that board, couldn't run a :censored:ing bath.

Smug twats? Don't be such a prick.

I'm getting to the stage where I think we'd be better off in admin. We don't realise the best value on our assets anyway and there's the hope that the administrators wouldn't be pricks as the current lot are.

It's a good point, a clean break would be better than the current slow death.

Do we know how many season tickets went in the promotion (I would imagine that virtually all of these would have bought one anyway)? Could this related to the kind of numbers we are asking for Sheridan? If a thousand bought it, that is about £150k...

Our budget, with a £150k slice taken out, is very small indeed.

NB. Just a wild guess.

Its still an if...but if he goes, im gonna feel ripped off even though i got ny season ticket for 200 quid. Just at the end of my tether with the club since johnson left and at risk of me giving up on them for good.

Ill settle for administration and a points deduction if it meant starting afresh.

Whichever way you loook at it, the money from the SD deal and the nee stand have disappeared and have killed the club

If the cap fits wear it.

Plenty on here having their say when they thought they were on to a winner, like I said at the time the fact that offer was so successful is having a massive impact on the following season, but at least plenty have only paid £8 a game to watch us next season.

If the cap fits wear it.

Plenty on here having their say when they thought they were on to a winner, like I said at the time the fact that offer was so successful is having a massive impact on the following season, but at least plenty have only paid £8 a game to watch us next season.

The way things are going it won't be worth £8 a game... It certainly wasn't upto January last season

If he goes today then what little good feeling I had about football would have evaporated.

Sheridan came back here just a few months ago spouting his affinity for the club and signed a two and a half year contract. Objective one was to avoid relegation shortly followed by challenging at the top next season. That's why he had a further two years on his contract.

If he wants to leave then :censored: off John because you don't deserve our club and fans. You coming back gave security to us fans going into next season and we were sold with you claiming that you'd come home.

If the club have been enticed with the compensation and allowed Sheridan to talk to County thus suggesting to Sheridan he was surplus to requirements then the club hierarchy seriously need to consider their immediate future and sell cheap to someone who cares about success ON the pitch. After the debacle of last season jumping from one :censored:e inexperience manager to another they'd finally saw sense and signed Sheridan. That's ruined only three months later.

I'm totally disillusioned today of this happens. The silence via the board shouts the contempt that they have for us fans. There's a very, very, very small glimmer of hope that they've got someone else lined up who ticks the experience box and who is given a realistic budget to challenge at the top. However I emphasise the 'small' because the only way I gorond again, thuis i describe our board is incompetent fools, the lot of them!

Until he does a reasonable job for 6 months and ditches us for another club, alternatively if he's a flop we will get rid of him in 6 months and start the merry go round again, and again and again.

I've said it before, people will start demanding statements about when the club next orders stationary soon.

There has been no, formal, contact. As soon as there is the club will put out a statement. Until that point it is all idle speculation.

There are clear indications that this is happening, following numerous other approaches. To conflate the managers position with stationery order is incredulous.

There are clear indications that this is happening, following numerous other approaches. To conflate the managers position with stationery order is incredulous.

I understand, he's also signed for Bolton and Leeds in the last few weeks.

Maybe the club should just do a mailmerge for the top 150 clubs in the country and publish 150 statements.

Following interest from <insert name of club> we can confirm that John Sheridan has been denied permission to speak to <insert name of club>.

Ends.

They did it in April, if Shez leaves, he leaves but the board won't have allowed it.

I understand, he's also signed for Bolton and Leeds in the last few weeks.

Maybe the club should just do a mailmerge for the top 150 clubs in the country and publish 150 statements.

Following interest from <insert name of club> we can confirm that John Sheridan has been denied permission to speak to <insert name of club>.

Ends.

They did it in April, if Shez leaves, he leaves but the board won't have allowed it.

I think you'll find that since he's under contract, if he leaves the board will have allowed it

Whether John Sheridan is at Boundary Park next season or not I will be there first game of the season and every home there after.

I will have a smug look on my face not in the knowledge i didnt buy a season ticket but that im not any of the other arseholes on this board who lose their :censored: every 5 minuites when things dont work out like they want!

I support Oldham Athletic and next season thats who I will happily pay to watch

If Shez wishes to join us then great but if not....:censored: him!

Whether John Sheridan is at Boundary Park next season or not I will be there first game of the season and every home there after.

I will have a smug look on my face not in the knowledge i didnt buy a season ticket but that im not any of the other arseholes on this board who lose their :censored: every 5 minuites when things dont work out like they want!

I support Oldham Athletic and next season thats who I will happily pay to watch

If Shez wishes to join us then great but if not....:censored: him!

I agree, I would still be there if the club was in the NW counties league. I might even join the board then (as long as the current lot aren't on it). :)

Today's Nottingham Post:

"Notts County are expected to confirm John Sheridan as their new manager after thrashing out a compensation deal for the Oldham Athletic boss.

According to sources in the north-west, the Magpies have agreed a deal with the Latics for the ex-Sheffield Wednesday star that will pave the way for his arrival at Meadow Lane.

Oldham do not want to lose Sheridan, but the former Republic of Ireland midfielder is understood to be tempted by the challenge at Notts.

And in a further boost, Sheridan will be able to strengthen the Magpies' squad, with the club understood to be confident they will be out of their transfer embargo next week."

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Notts-County-thrash-compensation-deal-John/story-29321186-detail/story.html

Sources in the North West??

Edited by Mark59

If the cap fits wear it.

I'd imagine a Dutch cap would fit pretty snuggly on you.

Based on Mike Keegans last tweet I reckon Sheridan's actions are a result of being in an untenable position.

He knew the budget would be limited but just how limited was most likely made apparent at board meeting this week.

Holloway was a target but we were beaten by Fleetwood. No doubt other targets but if you only have two buttons and a half-eaten pie to haggle with then we're screwed.

Where's this 'the new stand will inject more income into the budget'? Load of bollocks. Let's face it; our board is run by incompetents and funded by the bare minimum until the :censored: hits the fan and then we miraculously find some cash which arguably should have been in the budget all along and would have negated all the blind panic.

I've been hoodwinked again this season by our knight on white charger Corney but he's dropped our pants again!

It's a managers job to work with the budget he has.

It's sad but true that every club in the league is a more attractive proposition than Latics - and if a player completes a pass, or a manager wins a match, they'll be snapped up elsewhere.

And it's been that way for a long while now.

So right now I'm not bothered by who we get in if/when Sheridan goes. Cos if they're any good they'll be gone in a flash.

I think I'll take a mental and emotional vacation from Latics for the rest of the summer. It's finally started to get me down.

This is football. A managers contract means nothing.

A contract is a contract - it's legally binding just because football pays lip service to them the fact still remains that formal permission has to be given by the club for any approach. They could quite simply say no and just have an unhappy manager next season. They wont like, but they could

Edited by JWhite101

A contract is a contract - it's legally binding just because football pays lip service to them the fact still remains that formal permission has to be given by the club for any approach. They could quite simply say no and just have an unhappy manager next season. They wont like, but they could

Its time that as a club we grew some balls!