Sheridan - Every vacant managerial post?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Sheridan goes then so be it, I've long given up on the badge kissing players and the 'everyone knows how I feel about the club' managers, so thanks for keeping us up and I wish you well at Notts. County and close the door on the way out.

We now need a new manager and quick, so I'll start the ball rolling with this. Ryan Giggs is disillusioned with his treatment at Old Trafford, so why not offer him a way into management. Paul Scholes might fancy a role in his team, I know it might seem outlandish and I promise that I'm not taking drugs or abusing solvents as I'm writing this, but let's at least sound him out.

If Sheridan goes then so be it, I've long given up on the badge kissing players and the 'everyone knows how I feel about the club' managers, so thanks for keeping us up and I wish you well at Notts. County and close the door on the way out.

We now need a new manager and quick, so I'll start the ball rolling with this. Ryan Giggs is disillusioned with his treatment at Old Trafford, so why not offer him a way into management. Paul Scholes might fancy a role in his team, I know it might seem outlandish and I promise that I'm not taking drugs or abusing solvents as I'm writing this, but let's at least sound him out.

it seems we cant afford to keep Shez! I bet they cant wait to get started

This was my train of thought, and then I remembered the admin rumour. What is it about the situation at OAFC that would drive him to accept an offer with a hamstrung division 4 club?

Whatever the reason, it's very worrying in my opinion.

I've not heard the admin rumour but I'm surprised a few posters have had a dig at you for posting it.

I can't think of many other reasons Shez would be so desperate to get away to a club that, based on information currently in the public domain, is in a far worse financial position than us.

Not likely given his public interest in the Leeds job.

My guess would be that in his budget meeting he was told not to get us promoted (as Corney and Bazza have previously stated would cripple us financially) and he has had a bust up with them. Who would want to manage a team where your job target is to not go up and not go down??

I meant not going up or down this season.

Sorry, one too many beers.

Ambitiously, I would love to be ERP supply chain analyst at Boeing instead of where I am, even though I love where I am. Realistically, I haven't done enough to warrant such a move; it is no different than Shez wanting to go to Leeds or Wednesday whilst at Latics.

It is an alcohol based opinion to say that it may have been part of the plan. Still, I want to believe it just to maintain my level of appreciation toward Shez for keeping us up rather than thinking he is just another :censored: for waltzing off.

Edited by L1onheartNew

You live a very sheltered life then my friend if you think this would be so ridiculous in the world of football and the soap opera that is Oldham Athletic.

The middle aged and the reckless is a fantastic show

We've tried to sign 3 players since the end of the season but all have laughed it off because of the :censored: wages.

Most probably three of those who are considering new deals, plus Gerrard and Holloway, so no big news. Nothing to see here, move on. Next.

Does the transfer embargo not apply to managers as well?

Surely notts wont be able to afford to pay the compensation or the fine for making an illegal approach.

Maybe his agent applies for every job on the basis he'll certainly be out of work at various points between now and retirement and speaking with & getting to know as many owners as possible will stand him in good stead for getting future roles....?

Wishful thinking maybe, but....

He applied to manage us every time it was vacant since he left first time round....