Sheridan - Every vacant managerial post?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Sheridan goes then the only person who made that decision is him .

Spouting all the good stuff, touching the badge ...

All managers spout all the good stuff. Whats genuinely concerning is that a club a league below who are under a transfer embargo are a more attractive proposition than we are to a manager who is popular with the fans and sits on a 2 year contract. Edited by GlossopLatic

If Sheridan goes then the only person who made that decision is him .

Spouting all the good stuff, touching the badge ...

Aye, he did a fantastic job keeping us up but spouting the obviously fake "I love the club" bollocks mean he can :censored: right off, if he wants to go there let him walk.

We were worried at the top of this thread that Bolton or Leeds might be in for Shez, we should have also been worried that Eastleigh or Woking might be sniffing around.

If he leaves for Notts County then he was just hell bent on getting away to anywhere.

We must be an unbelievably unattractive proposition, for him to want to get away and be prepared to drop a division to do so.

We as usual will be over the moon with the compensation.

If this happens it represents a new low for Latics.

If he goes today then what little good feeling I had about football would have evaporated.

Sheridan came back here just a few months ago spouting his affinity for the club and signed a two and a half year contract. Objective one was to avoid relegation shortly followed by challenging at the top next season. That's why he had a further two years on his contract.

If he wants to leave then :censored: off John because you don't deserve our club and fans. You coming back gave security to us fans going into next season and we were sold with you claiming that you'd come home.

If the club have been enticed with the compensation and allowed Sheridan to talk to County thus suggesting to Sheridan he was surplus to requirements then the club hierarchy seriously need to consider their immediate future and sell cheap to someone who cares about success ON the pitch. After the debacle of last season jumping from one :censored:e inexperience manager to another they'd finally saw sense and signed Sheridan. That's ruined only three months later.

I'm totally disillusioned today of this happens. The silence via the board shouts the contempt that they have for us fans. There's a very, very, very small glimmer of hope that they've got someone else lined up who ticks the experience box and who is given a realistic budget to challenge at the top. However I emphasise the 'small' because the only way I can describe our board is incompetent fools, the lot of them!

I'm totally disillusioned today of this happens. The silence via the board shouts the contempt that they have for us fans. There's a very, very, very small glimmer of hope that they've got someone else lined up who ticks the experience box and who is given a realistic budget to challenge at the top. However I emphasise the 'small' because the only way I can describe our board is incompetent fools, the lot of them!

Tbh I think if Shez were being given a realistic budget to challenge, then I don't think he would be so absolutely desperate to get away.

I won't be going next season that's for sure. I do feel for those who have been urged to buy STs based on the return of the "feel-good factor" only to then see the board let Shez go. Thank :censored: I didn't buy one myself.

My two penneth on the subject is that the board have not been as open with Shez as they said they would be, that the budget is tighter than they initially said, and that there's still major financial problems within the club preventing the north stand reaching its completion and us failing to keep the likes of Holloway etc.

It won't paint Shez in a good light if he does go and the above is true, however I don't believe for one second he's been whoring himself out to every vacant post going because he wants to go earn a better wage and be at a better club, but I'm inclined to believe Corney has told him, maybe not in as many words, that he'd have no hesitation in letting Shez go if the compo package is reached - and its that, that grinds me.

What a joke.

Shez, with his "unfinished business," punching the crest, saying literally days ago that he would only leave for Wednesday or Leeds. He must have known the budget back in January, and known what he was getting into. Enjoy your 3rd job in 6 months, I hope it goes awfully.

Christ knows what's going on behind the scenes to make league-below, transfer-embargoed Notts :censored:ing County look a more attractive prospect than us, but can only imagine we're aiming for 17th again.

I look forward to wikipedia-ing our unknown, former u9s coach manager in 3 weeks time.

And yet again the question is - who will replace Corney and the current board?

Those who agitate for them to go immediately don't seem to be able to suggest who would pay for the privilege , and then invest more.

It would be great if we had a new, dynamic, affluent owner and set of directors....but who are they?

Yarddog73 and sjk2008 are part of the reason we don't have money! Fans don't come through the door we don't have the money to progress and improve the squad! It's quite simple! Feel much better being Oldham than Bolton or Blackpool right now!!

Those who agitate for them to go immediately don't seem to be able to suggest who would pay for the privilege , and then invest more.

It would be great if we had a new, dynamic, affluent owner and set of directors....but who are they?

Maybe if he decided to show a little bit of ambition and do everything to keep Shez then we wouldn't be aiming our frustrations his way.

I'll gladly apologise if it does turn out that it was Shez all along whoring himself out, but for now I think the blame lays firmly at Corney's feet.

Maybe if he decided to show a little bit of ambition and do everything to keep Shez then we wouldn't be aiming our frustrations his way.

I'll gladly apologise if it does turn out that it was Shez all along whoring himself out, but for now I think the blame lays firmly at Corney's feet.

I struggle to see how that isn't likely to be the case too. Either way, Sheridan's legend goes with him. What a :censored: up if this happens.

But that doesn't answer the question.

Shez signed a long term deal with the security that if he failed in keeping us up he wouldn't be sacked. Just because he kept us up doesn't mean we have to offer him a new and improved contract a few months in to his current one.

I'll assume that next season budget and plans were discussed when he signed. And he was able to sign half a team since he joined. So either

1. That budget has changed dramatically

2. Shez lied to fans faces.

Either way, it's thoroughly depressing if true.

What a joke.

Shez, with his "unfinished business," punching the crest, saying literally days ago that he would only leave for Wednesday or Leeds. He must have known the budget back in January, and known what he was getting into. Enjoy your 3rd job in 6 months, I hope it goes awfully.

Christ knows what's going on behind the scenes to make league-below, transfer-embargoed Notts :censored:ing County look a more attractive prospect than us, but can only imagine we're aiming for 17th again.

I look forward to wikipedia-ing our unknown, former u9s coach manager in 3 weeks time.

This is pretty much it. Something wrong though, with the inability to hang on to a manager.

From where I'm sitting though, most questions for Sheridan.

when did this guy run things at Newport? .. cynical me thinks this may have been all decided in advance? ..

"things are :censored: here John, I'm happy to let you go back up north on the proviso you come back and work for me when I get my next club?"

" yeah no worries, I doubt I'm gonna keep Oldham up anyways as they're well fooked already .. so yeah see you in a few months!"

who knows ...

Anything has to be better than the current situation Pete.

I'm just gonna put my head in the sand and hope it all goes away n we start the new season with a few amazing signings secured by John Sheridan and a supportive Board

:behead:

Based on Mike Keegans last tweet I reckon Sheridan's actions are a result of being in an untenable position.

He knew the budget would be limited but just how limited was most likely made apparent at board meeting this week.

Holloway was a target but we were beaten by Fleetwood. No doubt other targets but if you only have two buttons and a half-eaten pie to haggle with then we're screwed.

Where's this 'the new stand will inject more income into the budget'? Load of bollocks. Let's face it; our board is run by incompetents and funded by the bare minimum until the :censored: hits the fan and then we miraculously find some cash which arguably should have been in the budget all along and would have negated all the blind panic.

I've been hoodwinked again this season by our knight on white charger Corney but he's dropped our pants again!