Corney [MERGED]

Corney Out?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Are you corney out?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not bothered given up
  2. 2. Will you continue to go to games after Shez?

• Yes will be there for any game i can attend
    • No, i will no longer continue to support the club with Corney at the helm
    • I used to go often but now I will only go to certain Games
    • I'm waiting to see who we appoint
    • Stopped going a while ago
    • Away game only
  3. 3. Is Shez's Departure Corney's fault?

• Yes
    • No
    • They're both wankers.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emotive response.

Not entirely mines rationale...I have become completely apathetic to it all after the last 18 months. My view is the current leadership is untenable to support so for as long as fans keep rolling with it I have given up...

Those in charge don't deserve the club name or the fans, football fan loyalty has been hoodwinked and penny pinched ever since their business plans failed and now it's evident by one of or own who had insights to more than most jumping ship as quickly as possible.

Brassbank/Corneys hand could be forced I'm just not smart enough to understand the risks and opportunities to go about it...

Edited by Blue_Guru

Not entirely mines rationale...I have become completely apathetic to it all after the last 18 months. My view is the current leadership is untenable to support so for as long as fans keep rolling with it I have given up...

Those in charge don't deserve the club name or the fans, football fan loyalty has been hoodwinked and penny pinched ever since their business plans failed and now it's evident by one of or own who had insights to more than most jumping ship as quickly as possible.

Brassbank/Corneys hand could be forced I'm just not smart enough to understand the risks and opportunities to go about it...

One of our own.... Deary me. Unless of course you are from Leeds or Stretford?

Biggest stat on this (IMO) 20% of fans 'dont care given up'

That is massive.

Id say 20% on a forum with a fetish for kicking corney at every opportunity is pretty low actually. Edited by kowenicki

One of our own.... Deary me. Unless of course you are from Leeds or Stretford?

My point being the likes of Johnson seeking his way out of the club can be explained by a lot less loyalty than Sheridan has to us...he was on the upward curve of a job for life which suggests it was all built on sand

My point being the likes of Johnson seeking his way out of the club can be explained by a lot less loyalty than Sheridan has to us...he was on the upward curve of a job for life which suggests it was all built on sand

Or he was offered a few grand a year more. Much more likely.

Id say 20% on a forum with a fetish for kicking corney at every opportunity is pretty low actually.

Corney is simply the dogs body for the :censored: state the owners have got themselves into on a mission to recover their losses...in a way I do feel sorry for the dogs abuse he gets but it is his name that's above the door

Edited by Blue_Guru

Who's to blame for the fact we can't compete with the likes of Notts County to offer him a few grand more?

Nobody. If they have a new wealthy owner coming in who is prepared to spend big then what are we supposed to do? They also get bigger crowds than us in a lower league.

Nobody. If they have a new wealthy owner coming in who is prepared to spend big then what are we supposed to do? They also get bigger crowds than us in a lower league.

No evidence to suggest a new wealthy owner is coming in.

Again who is to blame they get bigger crowds than us? Ours were far greater when TTA took over. The reason they are bigger than us is because ours have dropped by 34% since they did and Notts County's have dropped by 19% despite being in a lower league for the majority of the last 12 years!

Whilst Corney does own 97% of the club, given the fact the entire club debt is owed to Brassbank, he is effectively an employee of Blitz and Gazal.

In practice, he is carrying out their instructions. A lot of the venom directed towards him would be better directed at the silent partners who just want as much of the money they invested back as possible.

Saying Corney Out is an exercise in futility. He'll only go if someone puts up the money to buy the club, and I would guess that anyone buying the club would also want the land and the OEC. Then we are talking £10m plus.

Again who is to blame they get bigger crowds than us? Ours were far greater when TTA took over. The reason they are bigger than us is because ours have dropped by 34% since they did and Notts County's have dropped by 19% despite being in a lower league for the majority of the last 12 years!

This what people just aren't getting.

Corney is to blame. All the :censored:e decisions, all the lies, all the land grabs, all the player sales, all the manager sales, all the diversions of cash flow and siphoning of profits were done by him.

We were hours from extinction when TTA took over. Our crowds would have been zero.

We were hours from extinction when TTA took over. Our crowds would have been zero.

Would they? It hasn't happened to any club yet, in recent times.

It's a risky situation to be in, but in all likelihood it won't result in folding, on the other side the slow death of the club due to an extreme low risk, low wage, low turnover approach whilst diverting all profitable activity and assets into Brassbank means that in 10 years Corney will probably have sorted his pals into a profitable situation whilst the club withers away.

But instead you see him as a miracle working saviour.

It's a risky situation to be in, but in all likelihood it won't result in folding, on the other side the slow death of the club due to an extreme low risk, low wage, low turnover approach whilst diverting all profitable activity and assets into Brassbank means that in 10 years Corney will probably have sorted his pals into a profitable situation whilst the club withers away.

No I don't. I simply see him as the only man that was prepared to save us back then. I don't see a queue of new investors now either, so he is where we are. Its not difficult to understand.

Darlington, rushden and diamonds, Scarborough, Hereford

Appreciating that they were all reincarnated as new clubs

Darlington, rushden and diamonds, Scarborough, Hereford

Appreciating that they were all reincarnated as new clubs

If we had been reincarnated, what league do you think we'd be playing in now?

I'd hazzard a guess we wouldnt be far off where we still are after all these years of suffering

Edited by Fruitygoo

Maybe we were hours from extinction, that can't be proven either way.

What can be proven is that they have dragged this club backwards when they promised progression when they took over...plan after plan has failed and the football club is in a lot worse position in terms of assets than when they took over.

No I don't. I simply see him as the only man that was prepared to save us back then. I don't see a queue of new investors now either, so he is where we are. Its not difficult to understand.

Did you foresee them back in July 2003? I'd wage a large bet that answer is no...

Edited by boundaryblue80

I think the bigger concern to fans on both the pro and anti Corney argument, is that Sheriden left to go to a club in a lower division under a transfer embargo. What does that say about the financial state and the ambition/direction of the club?That to me is where the fans need answers for.