Corney [MERGED]

Corney Out?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Are you corney out?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not bothered given up
  2. 2. Will you continue to go to games after Shez?

• Yes will be there for any game i can attend
    • No, i will no longer continue to support the club with Corney at the helm
    • I used to go often but now I will only go to certain Games
    • I'm waiting to see who we appoint
    • Stopped going a while ago
    • Away game only
  3. 3. Is Shez's Departure Corney's fault?

• Yes
    • No
    • They're both wankers.

So let me get this right....

....Sheridan is the one who appears to have wanted to leave....

....the Bolton journo suggested his agent(s) have been promoting his name to all and sundry since we left the New Den....

....he attended the Crompton Cricket Club social recently and said, [paraphrasing] he'd only really leave for Leeds and Sheff Weds....

....all the badge tapping/fist pumping, affection language histrionics are subsequently proven hollow [we shouldn't be surprised, the football industry is rotten to the core].....

....Blitz & Gazal asset stripped the club and then ran away but Simon Corney [a man who is not a multi-millionaire] stayed and continues to try to keep us [without the assets] afloat....

....he's said for years he's willing to sell to someone/anyone better placed than he to be our custodian....

....anyone who has been rumoured to come close, Marwan Koukash, Stephen Vaughan have either appeared unfit or not willing to take the club without the assets owned by Blitz & Gazal [not Corney]....

....and yet, it's all Corney's fault and over 60% of people want him out?

Head. Nails. Hit.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheridan has done to us what he did to Newport and Notts. County have done to us what we did to Newport.

What gets to me is that I was mug enough to believe Sheridan's 'the club means a lot...blah. blah and apparently he's still rolling out the same crap at Notts. County ..."it was a hard decision to leave Oldham, I'll always have affection for the club and the fans"... yeah right, leave with us with 7 players at the end of May and told other players they're not wanted at the club, which he had no intention of staying at anyway if the Bolton journo's account of him looking for other clubs after the Millwall game is to be believed.

I know SC has made some blunders in the past, but I can't blame him for this (cue abuse).

Having had a rant we now have to move on, my only hope is that all potential managerial candidates who have a PowerPoint presentation are thrown out through the front door.

....the Bolton journo suggested his agent(s) have been promoting his name to all and sundry since we left the New Den....

....he attended the Crompton Cricket Club social recently and said, [paraphrasing] he'd only really leave for Leeds and Sheff Weds....

....all the badge tapping/fist pumping, affection language histrionics are subsequently proven hollow [we shouldn't be surprised, the football industry is rotten to the core].....

....Blitz & Gazal asset stripped the club and then ran away but Simon Corney [a man who is not a multi-millionaire] stayed and continues to try to keep us [without the assets] afloat....

....he's said for years he's willing to sell to someone/anyone better placed than he to be our custodian....

....anyone who has been rumoured to come close, Marwan Koukash, Stephen Vaughan have either appeared unfit or not willing to take the club without the assets owned by Blitz & Gazal [not Corney]....

Blitz, Gazal and Corney are all still part of the same crew. And Corney hasn't stuck around as an act of charity.

Blitz, Gazal and Corney are all still part of the same crew. And Corney hasn't stuck around as an act of charity.

Both of your statements are of course fair, however.....

....My understanding is that Corney is not a Director or Shareholder of Brass Bank.... and as sole 97% shareholder of OAFC 2004 Ltd, it is not in his interest for his 'asset' to fail..... he just isn't wealthy enough to increase it's value via capital investment.

Fans are disheartened and rightly so... It's Corneys responsibility to keep them on board and the one thing giving fans a glimmer of hope has left us as quickly as he arrived.

Their patience was well and truely tested over the last 12 months and Sheridan offered some much needed respite...just a shame it was so short term.

It's hard to remain optimistic when there is very little track record to suggest we can turn things around. We don't have the pull or financial clout and will yet again be hoping for a diamond in the rough.

Now this is turning into Brexit type arguments about what might happen if he leaves.

We need investment/subsidies. Second best thing after that is balancing the books to stay afloat. That means he might as well stay until someone comes along. They haven't in all these years, so we have Hobson's choice at the moment.

Serious question -

Could the club not be sold and the owners retain the stadium and rent it to new owners?

How much debt does the actual club have on its books? My understanding was that the only creditors are Blitz and Gazal but only because the £6m is locked into the stadium and land.

That means the club is debt free to the new custodians who can then focus on running the club and invested in players to sell on. They then pay rent to stadium owners unless it's rent free whilst the creditors money is locked in the stadium until then can sell to another party or the current custodian of the football club buys the land.

Am I missing something about the actual debt of the football club as opposed to the £6m used to buy and rebuild the stadium.

Serious question -

Could the club not be sold and the owners retain the stadium and rent it to new owners?.

That's exactly how it would work... Albeit one assumes there will be conditions attached to the sale, such as the value of the rent itself, the length of the lease and commitments towards the OEC.

The stumbling blocks then become the value placed on OAFC 2004 Ltd and its ability to be saleable onward asset - assuming a prospective buyer is neither a bone fide Latics fan and/or a very wealthy individual willing to lose many millions with no prospect of recouping their investment.

Serious question -

Could the club not be sold and the owners retain the stadium and rent it to new owners?

How much debt does the actual club have on its books? My understanding was that the only creditors are Blitz and Gazal but only because the £6m is locked into the stadium and land.

That means the club is debt free to the new custodians who can then focus on running the club and invested in players to sell on. They then pay rent to stadium owners unless it's rent free whilst the creditors money is locked in the stadium until then can sell to another party or the current custodian of the football club buys the land.

Am I missing something about the actual debt of the football club as opposed to the £6m used to buy and rebuild the stadium.

Corney has publicly stated this is an option.

However, there are currently 2 players on the books that could be considered first team regulars.

The football side of things is practically worthless.

It needs the land/stadium to unlock some of the value.

This all day long! Some bollocks being spouted on here tonight.

:censored: me. He's parachuted in to do complete an objective - keeps Latics in the division, then :censored:s off for something else whilst not showing club loyalty whatsoever.

Unless you're house bound watching VHS tapes of the pinch me years on repeat - this is how the game works these days, and SC is probably making the best of a :censored:ed up situation.

Seems a very one sided poll set up by people who know all the facts?

However if thats case why would you need to set up a poll?

Don't buy and ticket and don't go! Simple, it always exactly the same posters saying the same thing. Dont go if you are not happy ffs!

Every single week, month year people calling for Corney to go with the same limited options. Give it 6 months there will be something else!

Be pissed off! You have every right like everyone else but come the first day of the season 95% of the posters on here will be there.

3% already don't go and can't wait to tell you they don't go when bad news is released.

The other 2% won't be going but don't need a poll to tell everyone.

Edited by palmer1

Serious question -

If that kind of owner was available who is effectively prepared to burn money on a football team. while Gazal Blitz and Corney profit on the stadium then Corney would bite their hand off. Edited by GlossopLatic