Corney [MERGED]

Corney Out?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Are you corney out?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not bothered given up
  2. 2. Will you continue to go to games after Shez?

• Yes will be there for any game i can attend
    • No, i will no longer continue to support the club with Corney at the helm
    • I used to go often but now I will only go to certain Games
    • I'm waiting to see who we appoint
    • Stopped going a while ago
    • Away game only
  3. 3. Is Shez's Departure Corney's fault?

• Yes
    • No
    • They're both wankers.

Maybe we were hours from extinction, that can't be proven either way.

What can be proven is that they have dragged this club backwards when they promised progression when they took over...plan after plan has failed and the football club is in a lot worse position in terms of assets than when they took over.

Well both Sean Jarvis and Neil Joy who were trying to get the rescue package have said we were hours way from going under . They are probably the two closest to what was going on.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the bigger concern to fans on both the pro and anti Corney argument, is that Sheriden left to go to a club in a lower division under a transfer embargo. What does that say about the financial state and the ambition/direction of the club?That to me is where the fans need answers for.

We already know the answers.

The situation at this club you could quite easily compare it to Randy Learner at Aston Villa, but on a smaller scale. These guys came in with good intentions of promotion put some money in to begin with, then realized there was a lot more to it than first thought and have since tried to keep there investment to a minimum while slowly replacing promotion ambition with just enough to keep us a float of relegation. But in Villas case there luck ran out and it will with latics if the board keep following this path.

The situation at this club you could quite easily compare it to Randy Learner at Aston Villa, but on a smaller scale. These guys came in with good intentions of promotion put some money in to begin with, then realized there was a lot more to it than first thought and have since tried to keep there investment to a minimum while slowly replacing promotion ambition with just enough to keep us a float of relegation. But in Villas case there luck ran out and it will with latics if the board keep following this path.

+ 1

I think the bigger concern to fans on both the pro and anti Corney argument, is that Sheriden left to go to a club in a lower division under a transfer embargo. What does that say about the financial state and the ambition/direction of the club?That to me is where the fans need answers for.

For all we know, he may have been given assurances or even guarantees of a huge increase in budget. The embargo is supposed to be lifted next week.

Our budget can not have come as any great surprise, he's worked for us for a decade all told.

Of course, for us fans it is a huge kick on the teeth. But, let's not lose sight of who actually took the swipe.

For all we know, he may have been given assurances or even guarantees of a huge increase in budget. The embargo is supposed to be lifted next week.

Our budget can not have come as any great surprise, he's worked for us for a decade all told.

Of course, for us fans it is a huge kick on the teeth. But, let's not lose sight of who actually took the swipe.

If that was the case surely he would just wait to see if the transfer embargo was lifted before commiting.

It all suggests he couldn't wait to get out of the place...

Well both Sean Jarvis and Neil Joy who were trying to get the rescue package have said we were hours way from going under . They are probably the two closest to what was going on.

While Dowie was paying for our pre-season tour of NI on his personal credit card and expecting Armstrong to turn up to training...then finding out Jarvis had sold him and signed himself a new contract (feathering ones nest before new owners were sought)

Rather trust a dodgy politician than "you'll never sell beer in the Chaddy" Jarvis.

Or Neil Joy who, after the promise of a free pre season game for ST holders was snatched back said the decision was made "in good faith" - he doesn't know what the phrase means ; the decision made broke the "good faith" fans had expected. Much as I think Baz is an idiot, I suspect Joy is the source of the oft quoted, but non-existent "due diligence"

If we had been reincarnated, what league do you think we'd be playing in now?

I'd hazzard a guess we wouldnt be far off where we still are after all these years of suffering

Given I have never heard a single person say that they'd be willing to get involved seriously with some sort of phoenix club I'd guess rather differently

Given I have never heard a single person say that they'd be willing to get involved seriously with some sort of phoenix club I'd guess rather differently

If OAFC ceased to exist I think it would be different...people would look for the next alternative

Notts spent well over £100k on a single player last season. One player.

The embargo will be lifted soon.

They get bigger crowds than us.

It's a relatively easy promotion for Shez in a league he knows well, and I guess a handy promotion bonus would follow suit.

Left because of the budget my arse!

While Dowie was paying for our pre-season tour of NI on his personal credit card and expecting Armstrong to turn up to training...then finding out Jarvis had sold him and signed himself a new contract (feathering ones nest before new owners were sought)

Rather trust a dodgy politician than "you'll never sell beer in the Chaddy" Jarvis.

That's absolute bollocks...

Notts spent well over £100k on a single player last season. One player.

The embargo will be lifted soon.

They get bigger crowds than us.

It's a relatively easy promotion for Shez in a league he knows well, and I guess a handy promotion bonus would follow suit.

Left because of the budget my arse!

I presume that we are going to be signing loads of players next week then?

interesting, I've not heard this before.

Neil Joy must have done the same then because he would have to have signed it off.

Source?

Why did Jarvis leave a couple of years after, for a club in the same division, if the contract was so lucrative?

If Jeremy Clarkson was a Latics fan he'd have punched a producer and left Amazon by now

does,nt Clint boon still live local, wouldn't it be an idea to invite the inspiral,s don't to bp, while the ground is standing empty, you never know the club may even make some money.

interesting, I've not heard this before.

Neil Joy must have done the same then because he would have to have signed it off.

Source?

Why did Jarvis leave a couple of years after, for a club in the same division, if the contract was so lucrative?

becuase the one huddersfield were offering was potentialy even more lucrative ?

A lot of people weren't renewing at full price, they had to do something to shore that up.

Evidence of that? I think staying up comfortably, with Shez still in the fold, you'd have seen ST takeup close to that of last season, at standard discounted rates.