Corney [MERGED]

Corney Out?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Are you corney out?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not bothered given up
  2. 2. Will you continue to go to games after Shez?

• Yes will be there for any game i can attend
    • No, i will no longer continue to support the club with Corney at the helm
    • I used to go often but now I will only go to certain Games
    • I'm waiting to see who we appoint
    • Stopped going a while ago
    • Away game only
  3. 3. Is Shez's Departure Corney's fault?

• Yes
    • No
    • They're both wankers.

Evidence of that? I think staying up comfortably, with Shez still in the fold, you'd have seen ST takeup close to that of last season, at standard discounted rates.

There were plenty of new punters in the new stand unhappy with the delays, not convinced they would they have gone in again at full whack.

This idea that the offer was a blunder is flawed IMO.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evidence of that? I think staying up comfortably, with Shez still in the fold, you'd have seen ST takeup close to that of last season, at standard discounted rates.

Shez in place and a few new contracts signed by existing players would have seen an increase I reckon.

There were plenty of new punters in the new stand unhappy with the delays, not convinced they would they have gone in again at full whack.

This idea that the offer was a blunder is flawed IMO.

I think you're wrong. Massive mistake. It's taken Sheridan's comp and Coleman's sale to stand still cash wise. Explain how that works to the good?

I think you're wrong. Massive mistake. It's taken Sheridan's comp and Coleman's sale to stand still cash wise. Explain how that works to the good?

You are closer to the action than me Lags but the fact they were saying folk could donate their refunds to the scoreboard fund doesn't tally with a club being on the brink to me.

You are closer to the action than me Lags but the fact they were saying folk could donate their refunds to the scoreboard fund doesn't tally with a club being on the brink to me.

I never said brink. We are being run to the bare minimum in the austerity stakes thou. That is undeniable, whilst it's also undeniable that the claim the monies were in place to build the north stand was also way off the mark.

If it was the odd truth broke, hell most people will live with that, but repeatedly takes it's toll.

I have said it before, but we can't possibly know whether the season ticket offer was a mistake or not because we don't know the club's cashflow situation.

If we were not going to make it through to the end of the season (I'm not saying this is the case, just putting forward a scenario) and this was a way of obtaining cash that would keep us afloat, it could have been the only sensible option. The offer meant that approximately 1,000 fans handed over their cash earlier than they otherwise would have done. Most years, that money does not come in until mid May. It could have been worth the £100k (guessing again on the figure) refund to have that money in the bank when we really needed it.

Clearly, this doesn't change the fact that we could really do with another £100k now but I am just putting forward the argument that the alternative could have been much worse.

Putting it in simple terms, I owe you £500 which I am due to give you in a week's time. You are also due to get paid in a week's time. You have a car repayment of £200 due tomorrow and you have no cash and nobody will lend you the money. If you don't pay it you get your car repossessed. I offer to pay you the £500 today on condition that you give me half of it back next week when you get paid and then write-off the remaining £250.

The £250 you are losing out on is worth it because you are saving yourself from having your car repossessed.

Sorry, probably a :censored: analogy but hopefully you know where I am coming from.

It's completely done them over I was talking about this last week but got laughed at?!

The bulk of fans who bought season ticket's with the discount would have bought them at full price anyway. Now with Shez going and the club looking in a poor state football wise there is really no attraction for anyone to fork out £350 to watch 11 journey men battle for mediocrity.

I have said it before, but we can't possibly know whether the season ticket offer was a mistake or not because we don't know the club's cashflow situation.

If we were not going to make it through to the end of the season (I'm not saying this is the case, just putting forward a scenario) and this was a way of obtaining cash that would keep us afloat, it could have been the only sensible option. The offer meant that approximately 1,000 fans handed over their cash earlier than they otherwise would have done. Most years, that money does not come in until mid May. It could have been worth the £100k (guessing again on the figure) refund to have that money in the bank when we really needed it.

Clearly, this doesn't change the fact that we could really do with another £100k now but I am just putting forward the argument that the alternative could have been much worse.

Putting it in simple terms, I owe you £500 which I am due to give you in a week's time. You are also due to get paid in a week's time. You have a car repayment of £200 due tomorrow and you have no cash and nobody will lend you the money. If you don't pay it you get your car repossessed. I offer to pay you the £500 today on condition that you give me half of it back next week when you get paid and then write-off the remaining £250.

The £250 you are losing out on is worth it because you are saving yourself from having your car repossessed.

Sorry, probably a :censored: analogy but hopefully you know where I am coming from.

You're right, it's a :censored: analogy ;-) cos you've used the risk of loss of an asset.

This is more like borrowing half of next months wages to pay your gas,leccy, rates and petrol for this month, then having to sell your car to cover the same bills next month. You only postpone the losses and end up in a worse situation.

You're :censored: analogy makes perfect sense to me.

Whatever profit you are due to make in the future won't mean anything if you can't keep the lights on now. Plenty of businesses have gone bust because of this.

It's completely done them over I was talking about this last week but got laughed at?!

The bulk of fans who bought season ticket's with the discount would have bought them at full price anyway. Now with Shez going and the club looking in a poor state football wise there is really no attraction for anyone to fork out £350 to watch 11 journey men battle for mediocrity.

Shez went after most people would have already renewed anyway during the usual May discount period....

• 2 weeks later...

Surely to God something has to happen this week?

6 weeks on saturday until the start of the season- no gaffer, no team, ffs its getting to the stage where im seriously wondering if we will have a team for the second week in August,wtf is going on!!!!!

Imagine if the fixtures came out and we had no manager and couldn't even scrape together a five aside team?

Said it before and I'll say it again;

:censored: off corney, you prick ✌️

If this post wasn't so mind numbingly tediously boringly ludicrous it would be funny

I see we again have individuals who are keen to buy the club off Simon Corney and put their own money on the line.

No? You mean it's easier to just be on the side-lines and whinge and complain?

Get off the guy's back, he is far from making any money on this situation and I personally am grateful that he is keeping what is a nightmare financial and loss making position under some semblance of control. Yes, selling assets, making difficult decisions to get cash in to pay bills, dealing with a manager vacancy where the person you've contracted for several years ups and leaves (a good example of loyalty?) for the benefit of his wallet. I alos attended Shez's passionate rallying call to fans - load of hot air and rubbish?

I've seen what Moores' did to Latics when he did a runner (unlike Simon Corney) and will settle for our owner doing what any struggling business has to do in current times - SURVIVE! Until a buyer steps up if there is ever one.

Some people need to get into the real world of football and business where there is no money tree, not Disneyland! Unless you, the whinger (if the cap fits wear it) have a magic wand and can do better with your money?

I see we again have individuals who are keen to buy the club off Simon Corney and put their own money on the line.

No? You mean it's easier to just be on the side-lines and whinge and complain?

Get off the guy's back, he is far from making any money on this situation and I personally am grateful that he is keeping what is a nightmare financial and loss making position under some semblance of control. Yes, selling assets, making difficult decisions to get cash in to pay bills, dealing with a manager vacancy where the person you've contracted for several years ups and leaves (a good example of loyalty?) for the benefit of his wallet. I alos attended Shez's passionate rallying call to fans - load of hot air and rubbish?

I've seen what Moores' did to Latics when he did a runner (unlike Simon Corney) and will settle for our owner doing what any struggling business has to do in current times - SURVIVE! Until a buyer steps up if there is ever one.

Some people need to get into the real world of football and business where there is no money tree, not Disneyland! Unless you, the whinger (if the cap fits wear it) have a magic wand and can do better with your money?

Maybe if the syphoned off money making parts of the old (whole) OAFC were put back in place then it wouldn't be so hopeless. There.......that's my plan