Pre season protest

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a protest idea that would hopefully send a message without financially hurting the club. Leave the North stand. Transfer your season tickets to other parts of the ground. Leave the thing empty for the season.

*Its clearly strangling the club and is of far more importance to TTA than the football team

*We allegedly don't see money from the stand

*We don't make money from its car park

*Its not finished

*TV would pick up on this every week and add exposure to the protest

*Its a peaceful protest that doesn't cause any potential for idiots causing agro

So for what ever reason Unknown to me the meeting has not gone ahead. I'd just like to point out that I never arranged for it today it was fully on the clubs terms. I was never told a time just a day I've waited all day and they have not confirmed a time. Went down to the club and no sign of Simon Corney. I've arranged the time off work and turned down overtime and the lad who come with me drive over from Warrington. It's a bit disappointing but hey we can take it on the chin and we can try again.

Edited by Aarondo Westy

I have a protest idea that would hopefully send a message without financially hurting the club. Leave the North stand. Transfer your season tickets to other parts of the ground. Leave the thing empty for the season.

*Its clearly strangling the club and is of far more importance to TTA than the football team - Not really strangling the club though, is it.

*We allegedly don't see money from the stand - Yes we do, all matchday ticket revenue and club related shindigs.

*We don't make money from its car park - fair do's.

*Its not finished - So what, the important bits are though.

*TV would pick up on this every week and add exposure to the protest - Yes but everyone would just think we've got no fans, not that there's a protest going on (and who's going to care).

*Its a peaceful protest that doesn't cause any potential for idiots causing agro - Fair enough.

It's been said before so many times before the whole premise of the stand was that the extra-hours revenue would help us compete with the rest of the league. Our budget has reduced since it's opened, despite non-football activities having begun.

In isolation once-a-fortnight matchday bar revenue was never going to make the club competitive, so you must assume that things have been diverted since Corney made the statement it would help to compete.

It's been said before so many times before the whole premise of the stand was that the extra-hours revenue would help us compete with the rest of the league. Our budget has reduced since it's opened, despite non-football activities having begun.

In isolation once-a-fortnight matchday bar revenue was never going to make the club competitive, so you must assume that things have been diverted since Corney made the statement it would help to compete.

The bolded bit. Has it?

*Its clearly strangling the club and is of far more importance to TTA than the football team - Not really strangling the club though, is it.

*We allegedly don't see money from the stand - Yes we do, all matchday ticket revenue and club related shindigs.

*TV would pick up on this every week and add exposure to the protest - Yes but everyone would just think we've got no fans, not that there's a protest going on (and who's going to care).

*Its a peaceful protest that doesn't cause any potential for idiots causing agro - Fair enough.

ergh, alright Corney?

club gets nothing from north stand. Edited by Kusunga_Is_God

That's just not true though is it.

If the same people walked through the Lookers turnstiles we'd have got no less from them than when they walk through the North Stand turnstiles. The same would be said if they walk through the RRE or Main Stand turnstiles now. That's the problem.

It's not added anything we didn't already have, except a few corporate boxes, and it cost £6m.

Edited by NewBlue