Pre season protest

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a few of those players still supported by Prem parachute payments, will raise that quite a lot I suspect. The median average will be lower. Still surprisingly high though.

The impact on the budget that the early season ticket offer has had is total hearsay at the moment and is not backed with any real evidence at this stage let's see what kind of squad we have in place come august the 31st.

In the meantime I think we should stop demanding meetings and statements everyday and let them get on with the recruitment of a management team and squad.

Sit back enjoy the good summer weather, get the BBQ out, go sit in a beer garden or watch the cricket.

Edited by GlossopLatic

I can understand everyone wants answers/clarity and want to have a vent after the last few weeks.

We were so much looking forward to next season weren't we. The feel good factor and all.

The Trust might not have access to all the answers to want, or even you like but we are here to listen to you, our fans, our club.

It might not be everyone's cup of tea, it might be that the dynamic needs to change and we can only do it with the volunteers we have got in place now. If you think you could be interested even just to enquire, please come and meet us or get in touch.

Thanks

The impact on the budget that the early season ticket offer has had is total hearsay at the moment and is not backed with any real evidence at this stage let's see what kind of squad we have in place come august the 31st.

In the meantime I think we should stop demanding meetings and statements everyday and let them get on with the recruitment of a management team and squad.

Sit back enjoy the good summer weather, get the BBQ out, go sit in a beer garden or watch the cricket.

Here here, time to draw a line under matters for now.

I was the one slated on here for knocking the offer, not because of the fans who benefitted but for the burden it placed on our budget, :censored:ing stupid idea that will cost us 2 or 3 decent players this season, those with early bird tickets at nearly half price would more than likely renewed in any case it was at best financial suicide.

I cannot remember you being slated as much as I was at the time.

Mind you, you do get slated all the time on here!

If you mean we did the same for Poleon as in we won't pay him that much then again rightfully so. He has done nothing to earn 1800k plus per week since joining.

If you have financial restrictions you don't make a kid one of your top earners because you can see he is a talent. You do it when they produce results which in this instance mean scoring goals. 1800 per week because of work rate and good hold up play won't get you in the top half.

If they're good enough they're old enough.

We've not had a goalscorer for ages, maybe with the exception of Forte for a few months. The reason is because we can't afford one, so we have to take risks.

That being said, with no manager here we're inactive

We've not had a goalscorer for ages, maybe with the exception of Forte for a few months. The reason is because we can't afford one, so we have to take risks.

That being said, with no manager here we're inactive

Risks? like paying Poleon a very good wage and paying a fee for him you mean? We can't keep risking good money on average league one players.

Let's be honest if everybody had seen the potential for goalscoring in Holloway some our fans can see he wouldn't be deciding between Oldham and Fleetwood for his next club would he?

Risks? like paying Poleon a very good wage and paying a fee for him you mean? We can't keep risking good money on average league one players.

Let's be honest if everybody had seen the potential for goalscoring in Holloway some our fans can see he wouldn't be deciding between Oldham and Fleetwood for his next club would he?

£1800 a week doesn't go far striker-wise in this division any longer. Grigg, Winnall, Ajose, Sharp, Madden will all be on money far exceeding, most probably doubling that. We're going to be getting an average striker for the money we can offer, unless we go down a different, albeit maybe riskier route.

I'm going off my own opinion - that very soon Holloway will be playing above our level.

£1800 a week doesn't go far striker-wise in this division any longer. Grigg, Winnall, Ajose, Sharp, Madden will all be on money far exceeding, most probably doubling that. We're going to be getting an average striker for the money we can offer, unless we go down a different, albeit maybe riskier route.

I'm going off my own opinion - that very soon Holloway will be playing above our level.

The strikers you mention as examples all have a couple of things in common though.They play for clubs that have more money available to them to take said risks but more importantly they joined those clubs after seasons of scoring goals.

Holloway may very well play at a higher level and may earn himself more money but I'm of the opinion he won't hit double figures next season. I hope I'm wrong as I liktd the lad when here and he did OK for us but for me it's all about hitting the net. It's why the clubs pay bigger wages.

Edited by palmer1

The strikers you mention as examples all have a couple of things in common though.They play for clubs that have more money available to them to take said risks but more importantly they joined those clubs after seasons of scoring goals.

Holloway may very well play at a higher level and may earn himself more money but I'm of the opinion he won't hit double figures next season. I hope I'm wrong as I liktd the lad when here and he did OK for us but for me it's all about hitting the net. It's why the clubs pay bigger wages.

So if we don't spend money on risks, but we can't afford to bring in players who have actually scored goals in the past, what do you propose we put up front?

Is Holloway not a prime example of the type of player it can be worth paying a bit over the odds for in that while £1800 a week might seem a bit much for him as an individual what he adds to us as a TEAM helps a few £800 a week players play like £1200 a week players...?

After which we'd stand a good chance of selling him on for a profit....

So if we don't spend money on risks, but we can't afford to bring in players who have actually scored goals in the past, what do you propose we put up front?

Correct we can't afford the 20 goal strikers who have transferred for millions that you used as as examples.

As i said if Holloway was really that good and worth the risk would Fleetwood have been the one to win his signiture. I would suggest they are the only club that was willing to pay 'over the odds' for a 19 yr old that hasn't played very many league games, hasn't scored very many goals and came on loan to us from the division below with a reputation of being a trouble maker in his past.

There are players out there that will fit the bill and funnily enough but to to show there are players available. Didn't we sell a striker to a relegation rival who could have hit double figures for us this season? You may like certain players because they can hold up a ball in a certain way and look like they fight for the cause more than others due to better service but to me it's telling that he signed for Fleetwood.

We finished the season with a striker up front who would be less of a risk that Holloway. I have no idea how much he would want or is earning though.

Edited by palmer1

Correct we can't afford the 20 goal strikers who have transferred for millions that you used as as examples.

As i said if Holloway was really that good and worth the risk would Fleetwood have been the one to win his signiture. I would suggest they are the only club that was willing to pay 'over the odds' for a 19 yr old that hasn't played very many league games, hasn't scored very many goals and came on loan to us from the division below with a reputation of being a trouble maker in his past.

There are players out there that will fit the bill and funnily enough but to to show there are players available. Didn't we sell a striker to a relegation rival who could have hit double figures for us this season? You may like certain players because they can hold up a ball in a certain way and look like they fight for the cause more than others due to better service but to me it's telling that he signed for Fleetwood.

We finished the season with a striker up front who would be less of a risk that Holloway. I have no idea how much he would want or is earning though.

Holloway's 23...

Holloway's 23...

Cheers...

Well there you go at 23 he certainly should be producing more to be worth the risk.

Is nearly 70 games in league football with only 8 goals in return worth the risk as a top earner.