Pre season protest

I know, it was my tweet. The reason for prompting was to get some focus from the negativity of this thread, also the response would get a much wider audience and be from the horses mouth. I didn't want to condemn someone with a different opinion than mine.

Fair play, i'd seen it within the Trust section of this site.

It would help if it was re-emphasised and everyone can stop hissy fitting about administration.

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair play, i'd seen it within the Trust section of this site.

It would help if it was re-emphasised and everyone can stop hissy fitting about administration.

Absolutely. I have seen Simon Brooke referring to his Feb update a few times, which is fair enough, but that was 4 months ago and quite a bit has changed since then, so not unreasonable to expect the situation to have. Also, whist I believe Simon and take him true to his word, it is obvious that he could be being very careful with the wording he chooses to mask a different situation. Not saying he is, just being wary.

Edited by singe

Guest nonaenever

I`ll throw my hat into the ring. I honestly think one of the problems here is that a significant % of supporters have little or no faith in "the trust" to properly represent fans. I certainly haven't. Clearly, there is something wrong with the internal workings at Latics. Simon Corney seems master of all things and I suspect he has surrounded himself with sycophants - never a healthy thing for a board - he needs to be challenged when appropriate. It also has to be suspected that certain board members are simply incompetent and in the wrong position.

A truly independent Latics supporters group is what is needed - with an erudite and passionate leader capable of presenting a good case on issues - and also willing to accept there is only so much we can influence.

The famous saying "divide and rule" springs to mind - reading the forums, Latics' fans are utterly divided on many issues - and so the board will continue to rule regardless. Until the fans are united - they will always be defeated.

I didnt realise that we had such financial expertise on OWTB. I can sleep easy now!

IIRC Corney has previously offered fans the chance to see the financials at Oldham, a few fans accepted this and was allowed to see them.

Why don't you try and see if the offer still stands since your so keen on the finances?

IIRC Corney has previously offered fans the chance to see the financials at Oldham, a few fans accepted this and was allowed to see them.

Why don't you try and see if the offer still stands since your so keen on the finances?

Good point, thank you. I think that I will try to arrange that.

Good evening all. Massive thank you to all who attended today. Great turn out and some great points made. If i miss anything or get something wrong in this summary feel free to point it out in the comments. For me the aim of today was to make the trust aware just how frustrated, angry and fed up we are. Id say we have started to make good progress on that front, just before i go in to detail I would like to commend everyone on there behavior and the nature the meeting was held if we are going to make any serious inroads this is the way forward.
So the meeting started with the shez questions, we was told that Notts County came twice and was rejected out of hand, on the third occasion we had to inform shez and he decided he wanted to speak to them he apparently new the budget for next season back in January. That was the answer from the club now I suspect that something has gone on and we may never actually find out. AWe offered to match his wages and he still went I also suspect that the budget in Jan may have changed due to the season ticket offer. This offer was also brought up and in hide sight I don't think if the club new they would win 3 games they never would of put it on(personal thought not direct from the club)Holloway signing for Fleetwood for £1800 a week and we couldn't afford to match or beat it. The car park is owned by brass bank and the club see nothing from that, the car park attendants are paid by brassbank. The players and staff was paid Tuesday due to bank holiday it should of been Friday tho if you ask me because anywhere I have ever worked if a bank holiday comes you get paid early. Questions was asked regarding the monies from the new stand going to the club we was told that some will but no figure or percentage was mention. I will be looking more into this to try and get some clarity for us. Now as for whats for sale the club is for sale and a package for the land stand etc is also a possibility lets be honest it needs to be included because otherwise any new backer would stand zero chance of making any money. Questions was being raised about the future of the club at boundary park and when the lease runs out in I think 2031 apparently the club have the option for another 20 years after that. Questions was raised about the sports direct deal but to be honest I can't really remember the answer had a busy day and am tired lol sure it will come to me later. I know there will be stuff I've missed guys so please feel free to add whatever you feel i missed.Ryan has got a video also thats in the process of being uploaded as week speak to YouTube a link will be posted when done. Thanks to Mark and Kenny from the trust the lads didn't shy away from any questions and answered really well. Thanks to Mark from the pub for hosting the event but most of all thanks to each and everyone of you who came the more who come to these kind of things the louder our voice will be heard the more pressure we can apply. I've got a meeting at the club this week and I will be asking members of the board questions some may of already been asked today but you know won't harm anyone to ask again. If anyone wants anything asking let me know. I will be making notes of all answers and keeping you all updated. Keep the faith guys.

copied and pasted from the Facebook page. Had to dash to work straight after meeting. As I have said I know Ive missed bits but a video will be available soon.

Yes the grammar is not great but am working on it haha.

Thanks

Does seem that ,in parts, when answers were given you've decided not to believe them or to put your own interpretation on them

However thanks for arranging the session

Have to agree, Thanks for the update Westy but you do seem to have decided some thing's for yourself despite being given the answers to the contrary. That does seem like a pointless exercise...

This is why it's a pointless exercise. You can't just call everything bull:censored: because you don't believe it fits your agenda

I don't think anywhere have i used the word bull:censored:? I have said I suspect with regards to the Shez situation and the season ticket offer. There will be sheridans side of the story and the clubs the truth is probs somewhere in the middle. After all shez did say he felt as though he had taken us as far as he could. Your welcome to your views that this is a pointless exercise but I would have to disagree massively. We as fans should remember that just because something is said you don't have to always take it as 100% truth I mean wasn't the north stand opening last season first game and didnt after tickets had been sold? If however when I go in to the club and some proof is available I will happily hold my hands up. I certainly do not have some kind of agenda against the club I want what we all do and thats the best for the club. I will post again after I have been in and seen the club.

I don't think anywhere have i used the word bull:censored:? I have said I suspect with regards to the Shez situation and the season ticket offer. There will be sheridans side of the story and the clubs the truth is probs somewhere in the middle. After all shez did say he felt as though he had taken us as far as he could. Your welcome to your views that this is a pointless exercise but I would have to disagree massively. We as fans should remember that just because something is said you don't have to always take it as 100% truth I mean wasn't the north stand opening last season first game and didnt after tickets had been sold? If however when I go in to the club and some proof is available I will happily hold my hands up. I certainly do not have some kind of agenda against the club I want what we all do and thats the best for the club. I will post again after I have been in and seen the club.

I think we both know that I wasn't pulling you up for specifically using the word bull:censored:.

What do you want proof of from the club?

If we can't pay that for a half decent player then we are :censored:ed.

1800k per week for what? A decent kid that has produced absolutely nothing in his career and no guarantee he will produce anything next season.

Nobody says we can't afford it or are not willing to pay that. It may be a case of we just aren't willing to pay that for him!

Edited by palmer1

As for the club always telling the truth can I refer anyone who believes that to read the North Stand construction thread for the lies and bull:censored: we where fed throughout the build.

Nobody said they always tell the truth but just because they failed to meet a deadline that they set themselves does not necessarily mean they lied. Promises can be made in good faith until situations beyond their control cause unforseen and unexpected problems.

I know most will realise this but as mentioned about in recent posts what's the point when you've already made your mind up.

Nobody said they always tell the truth but just because they failed to meet a deadline that they set themselves does not necessarily mean they lied. Promises can be made in good faith until situations beyond their control cause unforseen and unexpected problems.

I know most will realise this but as mentioned about in recent posts what's the point when you've already made your mind up.

Personally I think it is correct to be sceptical about most things in life, especially as far as OAFC is concerned.

I said it at the time that the early season ticket offer was a big mistake and would have serious financial complications for the club.

Once we start signing decent players I might have a re-think. But well done Westy keep on trying to find info out

I was the one slated on here for knocking the offer, not because of the fans who benefitted but for the burden it placed on our budget, :censored:ing stupid idea that will cost us 2 or 3 decent players this season, those with early bird tickets at nearly half price would more than likely renewed in any case it was at best financial suicide.

1800k per week for what? A decent kid that has produced absolutely nothing in his career and no guarantee he will produce anything next season.

Nobody says we can't afford it or are not willing to pay that. It may be a case of we just aren't willing to pay that for him!

Did the same for Poleon.

I'd have made him one of our top earners for next season. Talent is there for all to see.

Did the same for Poleon.

I'd have made him one of our top earners for next season. Talent is there for all to see.

If you mean we did the same for Poleon as in we won't pay him that much then again rightfully so. He has done nothing to earn 1800k plus per week since joining.

If you have financial restrictions you don't make a kid one of your top earners because you can see he is a talent. You do it when they produce results which in this instance mean scoring goals. 1800 per week because of work rate and good hold up play won't get you in the top half.

Edited by palmer1

I'd have thought 1800 a week was pretty average for this level and not a top earners wage.

In League 1 in 2014/5 the average pay was £69,500 pa , or around £1336 per week.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3456453/Mind-gap-Premier-League-wages-soar-average-salaries-2014-15-season-1-7million-rest-creep-along.html