Pre season protest

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct we can't afford the 20 goal strikers who have transferred for millions that you used as as examples.

As i said if Holloway was really that good and worth the risk would Fleetwood have been the one to win his signiture. I would suggest they are the only club that was willing to pay 'over the odds' for a 19 yr old that hasn't played very many league games, hasn't scored very many goals and came on loan to us from the division below with a reputation of being a trouble maker in his past.

There are players out there that will fit the bill and funnily enough but to to show there are players available. Didn't we sell a striker to a relegation rival who could have hit double figures for us this season? You may like certain players because they can hold up a ball in a certain way and look like they fight for the cause more than others due to better service but to me it's telling that he signed for Fleetwood.

We finished the season with a striker up front who would be less of a risk that Holloway. I have no idea how much he would want or is earning though.

Holloway will go far further in his career than Main. They both performed to an almost equal level in those few games they both played. I don't see one as a greater risk than another.

Holloway will go far further in his career than Main. They both performed to an almost equal level in those few games they both played. I don't see one as a greater risk than another.

Main played wider for the vast majority of the time they both played together. Look what happened when he stepped into Holloway's role,the difference was vast in terms of goal return and actual damage in the right areas.

Hard to read that meeting summary given all the errors, but WOW! You get answers and just "suspect" it's all bull anyway.

You have an agenda and no amount of clarity will change your mind. Pointless. Utterly pointless.

What are you basing that off? At 23 he's made it to Fleetwood. It can't be their time at Latics either as one was more successful than the other.

Edited by palmer1

Hard to read that meeting summary given all the errors, but WOW! You get answers and just "suspect" it's all bull anyway.

You have an agenda and no amount of clarity will change your mind. Pointless. Utterly pointless.

Is it???

Agenda alert! Wheras your posts are always level headed, impartial and factually correct?

Let someone have the right to speech and to write without criticising them.

If someone feels that things are going badly wrong at Boundary Park then they are entitled to that view which is shared by a lot of other posters.

I honestly cannot see what 'proof' there actually is at this moment in time of a similar budget for the forthcoming season.

I dont care what people say or how they have been led to believe. I will believe the budget for next season when I see the calibre of signings.

I care about the players that we have in place for next season and how other clubs such as Fleetwood and Shrewsbury have a head start on us already.

You may want to accept the stories coming out of the club and try to demean others who have the opposite viewpoint. Time will tell.

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Agenda alert! Wheras your posts are always level headed, impartial and factually correct?

If someone feels that things are going badly wrong at Boundary Park then they are entitled to that view which is shared by a lot of other posters.

I honestly cannot see what 'proof' there actually is at this moment in time of a similar budget for the forthcoming season.

I dont care what people say or how they have been led to believe. I will believe the budget for next season when I see the calibre of signings.

I care about the players that we have in place for next season and how other clubs such as Fleetwood and Shrewsbury have a head start on us already.

You may want to accept the stories coming out of the club and try to demean others who have the opposite viewpoint. Time will tell.

I get your point. However, Mark and Kenny turned up in their own time to give the best answers they could to the questions raised. Obviously the main source of info is Simon Brooke. Simon doesn't check Mr Corney's bank statements every morning but as Trust Directors we have to make our judgement about whether he is representing us in the Club board. Mark and Kenny are too polite but I'd feel a bit annoyed if I'd made the effort to attend only to find the report of the meeting more or less said I was talking out of my arse.

I also am waiting on signings to see where I think we are heading this season. No point fretting about it on 5th June frankly and utterly no point the club putting a statement out saying, "we're going to sign lots of brilliant players."

So it is ok to turn up to a meeting, ask questions, get answers to those questions but then dismiss every answer out of hand as bull or a smoke screen when reporting back on that meeting?

There is no progress to be made with that approach. Its divisive and childish. If someone wants to get a dialogue going then this is a fine example of exactly how NOT to do it.

So it is ok to turn up to a meeting, ask questions, get answers to those questions but then dismiss every answer out of hand as bull or a smoke screen when reporting back on that meeting?

There is no progress to be made with that approach. Its divisive and childish. If someone wants to get a dialogue going then this is a fine example of exactly how NOT to do it.

True

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/48694-questions-for-board-via-trust-as-requested-by-underdog-280516/

2. The budget that was agreed with the manager (and used for his decisions on the retained list and potential signings) way before last week (unlike what has been incorrectly reported) is actually above your figures. It wouldn't be right for me to be any more specific than that.

Is that competitive, I honestly don't know, we've seen this season once again that anything is possible (eg. Burton / Walsall / Doncaster / Blackpool). But, it is certainly more than in line with the only previous budget I've personally seen and is importantly still a manageable level for the football club. There is a huge amount of value in the player market this season with the change to the loan rules and a new manager coming in will have a pretty clean sheet to recruit the team he wants. It makes the next appointment important, which is why I'll certainly be putting my views across as always.

There's no progress to be made anyway.

I get fans and the Trust asking questions to keep the club accountable to a certain level but let's not pretend we're ever going to influence the decisions of somebody with a 97% shareholding.

We're in the outrage age unfortunately where people, and sadly a lot of young people, place great importance on worrying and getting really angry about stuff they have no control over.

Have you ever seen any "proof" of what our budget has been in these recent seasons where football fans have started talking about "budgets"?

I haven't.

Is it published somewhere?

I've often heard that it's "about" a certain amount of money that means little to me but that's about it....

Have you ever seen any "proof" of what our budget has been in these recent seasons where football fans have started talking about "budgets"?

I haven't.

I've often heard that it's "about" a certain amount of money that means little to me but that's about it....

You don't seem to understand why, within my post, the word proof was in inverted commas but then go on to try to explain why it should be.

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/48694-questions-for-board-via-trust-as-requested-by-underdog-280516/

2. The budget that was agreed with the manager (and used for his decisions on the retained list and potential signings) way before last week (unlike what has been incorrectly reported) is actually above your figures. It wouldn't be right for me to be any more specific than that.

Is that competitive, I honestly don't know, we've seen this season once again that anything is possible (eg. Burton / Walsall / Doncaster / Blackpool). But, it is certainly more than in line with the only previous budget I've personally seen and is importantly still a manageable level for the football club. There is a huge amount of value in the player market this season with the change to the loan rules and a new manager coming in will have a pretty clean sheet to recruit the team he wants. It makes the next appointment important, which is why I'll certainly be putting my views across as always.

Thank you Rob-I hadnt seen this.

There's no progress to be made anyway.

I get fans and the Trust asking questions to keep the club accountable to a certain level but let's not pretend we're ever going to influence the decisions of somebody with a 97% shareholding.

We're in the outrage age unfortunately where people, and sadly a lot of young people, place great importance on worrying and getting really angry about stuff they have no control over.

I agree. But if someone has a meeting with said owner (or owners reps) they should at least be prepared to be open minded and show some respect and not completely pre judge the situation. It is pretty obvious that for some here any dialogue is pointless and Simon Corney can literally do nothing right ever. One wonders why they wanted a meeting in the first place if that is their stance?

I agree. But if someone has a meeting with said owner (or owners reps) they should at least be prepared to be open minded and show some respect and not completely pre judge the situation. It is pretty obvious that for some here any dialogue is pointless and Simon Corney can literally do nothing right ever. One wonders why they wanted a meeting in the first place if that is their stance?

Mad isn't it.

In the past we've had fans demanding meetings and answers to questions after which, 99% of the time, they'd leave placated to a large extent, eg, when Johnson came and a few were invited along to quiz him.

They were worried and, rightly or wrongly, were smooth talked and reassured.

Now it seems a loosely organized show of anger is the order of the day with no apparent aim.

They don't want to be reassured, they want to be right.

And being right would mean something bad is happening/has happened at OAFC but that would be preferable to being wrong it seems. Which is a weird way to be about a football club you claim to love.

Edited by HarryBosch

I haven't.

The Chron speculates that last season's budget was £1.3m and has been reduced for the coming season.

The Chron speculates that last season's budget was £1.3m and has been reduced for the coming season.

Interesting. On the trust section Midsblue speculated with £25k weekly wage budget which works out at £1.3m and Simon Brooke said that the budget is above those figures.

I bet our playing budget was higher than Rochdale's last season and will be again this season.

It's not just about budget anyway, It's about getting a manager in who can produce a team whatever the budget constraints (like Burton, Wallsall & Rochdale did), I think Shez could have done it, but it looks to me like he bottled it, and took the option of getting himself a nice pay rise while his stock was high.