Wigan Cup game

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking my 7yo grandson to the Wigan game tomorrow (his first live match so I'm hoping it doesn't put him off football for life). I know its pay on the day, but is it best to take him to the main stand where I normally sit, or the new North Stand?

Miles more positive atmosphere in the North Stand, my dad said there were people angrily slagging off the players and manager from kick off in the main stand at one of the friendlies.

The Main Stand moaner thing isn't a myth!

Miles more positive atmosphere in the North Stand, my dad said there were people angrily slagging off the players and manager from kick off in the main stand at one of the friendlies.

The Main Stand moaner thing isn't a myth!

Bit I sit in is alright. Luckily no moaners round me

A difficult one to predict this - does he keep his first choice 11 together in an attempt to get them to gel sooner or does he rest a few for Saturdays more important league game?

Or is the chance of going through and getting a big payday in the next round more important? Possibly..

I think if a new signing comes in as promised he might be straight in, especially if he's pacy.

Can Mckay play against Wigan?

If he's going to make changes I think Klok might start if he's fit enough. If not, Croft.

Osei did OK at Millwall. Actually, thinking about it, Osei probably did more than Erwin and Mckay combined in the short time he was on.

Ripley

Wilson/Law

Clarke

Burgess

Reckord/Wilson/Brown

Fane

Green

Banks

Flynn

Erwin

Osei/Mckay/new signing

Isn't reckord injured

Went to the chippy last night (I live in Stafford) and noted a bloke in a Walsall shirt.

'Walsall fan then?' I said, 'I'm the manager' he replied.

Turned out to be Jon Whitney, told him I was an Oldham fan and he said he had just been watching our defeat at Millwall and that his chief scout will be at our match tonight ahead of this weekends game. Wouldn't give anything away of course but when I mentioned that we had 10 debutants on Saturday he said that they too had 7 so a big shake up at the Bescot too pre season.

Turns out he lives round the corner. Small world.

Edited by Stainrod

Plenty of room in the Chaddy most games if you love it that much...

Point taken,

Just surprised that in the past when the whole of the RRE was given over to away supporters there'd be a thread on here deploring that. Guess if I really cared I could start my own though.

Point taken,

Just surprised that in the past when the whole of the RRE was given over to away supporters there'd be a thread on here deploring that. Guess if I really cared I could start my own though.

Sign of the general apathy amongst the support at the moment, must be expecting poor attendance tonight following on the back of the small following at Millwall.

I have decided to attend this mismatch so I can have a right good moan. I have not had one for ages. Now my only decision is which part of the ground to inflict my moaning on. Main stand upper usually gets my none stop moaning. If I sit in the paddock near the dug out I can influence the performance of the team by making them suicidal. If I sit in the North Stand I can annoy the corporate guests so they never come again. Maybe I should run a poll.

I have decided to attend this mismatch so I can have a right good moan. I have not had one for ages. Now my only decision is which part of the ground to inflict my moaning on. Main stand upper usually gets my none stop moaning. If I sit in the paddock near the dug out I can influence the performance of the team by making them suicidal. If I sit in the North Stand I can annoy the corporate guests so they never come again. Maybe I should run a poll.

Sit with those c**** with the drum

Are you kidding away games are 10 times better than home games and majority of

Them you can sit with who you want where you want.

It's easy to move to the other side if you don't like where you sit.

Just seems to be more knobheads at away games. Must be because I'm sheltered from them at home games

If Reckord is definitely out then it has to be Brown. Wilson is not a LB in any shape or form. Browns best performance (IMO) came at LB last season at Donny away. I'd put Wilson in the middle with Clarke. Law at RB. Klok would start too...he was the only real positive for me on Saturday. Osei looked a bit raw but as someone else said, he did more in his short appearance than the others. He stuck one wide that needed "shaping" and he would've bent it into the corner but instead it arrowed out past the far post. Games will help him improve on things like that.