Ousmane Fane !

Guest nonaenever

To be honest in my opinion he didn't deserve to be sent off. The challenge that led to the 2nd yellow was a fair one and got the ball so doesn't have any need to be 'shown a lesson.'

It was a nailed on booking and stupid for someone already on a yellow. If Robinson wants to send a message out to his squad that he expects better discipline than that, I'm all for it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a nailed on booking and stupid for someone already on a yellow. If Robinson wants to send a message out to his squad that he expects better discipline than that, I'm all for it.

Not sure we are in a position with only 8 points on the board to be making an example out of one of our shining lights so far.

This is what I think also who's to say maybe Fane has not performed well in training. Remember Both Dickov & LJ often being slated for always keeping with players who may have underperformed or had issues.

Hopefully Fane be back stronger same with Flynn,

This is what I think also who's to say maybe Fane has not performed well in training. Remember Both Dickov & LJ often being slated for always keeping with players who may have underperformed or had issues.

Hopefully Fane be back stronger same with Flynn,

I read Aguero doesn't do much in training, but I doubt if the manager would leave him out because of that.

I read Aguero doesn't do much in training, but I doubt if the manager would leave him out because of that.

It maybe nothing, it maybe something but sure if Robbo wants to keep the squad happy he needs to install same discipline for all players. Look at Barton & Rangers.

Not are we Manchester City or have there Luxury.

As for Aguerio they have plenty of replacements.

However 10mins of listening to the Main stand booing on a cold, Wet Saturday afternoon he soon want to be subbed.

Edited by Forte_Baby

No we are not privy to all the details but after reading the Chron article it suggests it was to teach him a lesson.

"We've built a squad whereby players won't necessarily walk back into the team if they've been out injured or suspended.

"There is a massive fight for places here now, and that's not just on the pitch, but on the bench too.

"We've got to create that kind of environment where nobody walks back into the team."

That's what Robinson said. So I presume that means he would be teaching players a lesson who had been injured if they weren't straight back in?

We kept a clean sheet without him, and he isnt an attacking threat so wouldnt have made much difference going forward would he? Am I missing something that we actually missed him Saturday?

As with Osei, maybe its not a bad idea to keep the young lads out of the limelight now and again, let them develop at their own rate.

He's still young and quite raw and is stepping up a few levels. I didn't expect him to be first team week in week out. He's done well so far but let's not paint this out to being akin to Peter Clarke being dropped from the squad. If Robinson feels Fane needs some time out every now and then it's perfectly understandable, just as it is with any young player who's still getting to grips with League One football.

Robinson said after the Bury game that the plan for Fane had been to use him sparingly and to slowly bring him into the side as he got more league football under his belt. He's played a lot to start with, he made two very clumsy tackles against Shrewsbury and they had got right under his skin from the start. He may have thought it would do him some good to keep him out for a bit longer.

As above, we've kept two clean sheets in the two games he's missed so no harm done from the defensive side of things.

Guest nonaenever

There are so many football 'experts' on OWTB. Why does every decision have to be analysed down to the finest detail. Let's just let Robinson do his job, one which I think he's done extremely well so far considering the financial restraints.

It's each to their own but as it's the fans (partly) who pay the wages (including Robinson's) we are entitled to an opinion aren't we? Don't think anyone's holding themselves out to be a football "expert". Personally, Fane is one of the few players I enjoy watching and I cannot understand how Klok and Flynn got a team/squad place ahead of him on Saturday. I certainly don't subscribe to the view of "easing him in" - he's looked head and shoulders above many of the so called seasoned professionals. You might think things are going "extremely well" - having been to every game bar Millwall, I can't agree. We are 19th in a piss poor division and struggle to entertain or score! I`d say things are going just about okay - and quite happy to give it more time - but this decision was particularly baffling. What is the point of a "discussion thread" if people aren't allowed to discuss?

There are so many football 'experts' on OWTB. Why does every decision have to be analysed down to the finest detail. Let's just let Robinson do his job, one which I think he's done extremely well so far considering the financial restraints.

'Football experts' is a myth, we saw that when Gary Neville took a job at Valencia.

Edited by BP1960