Edmundson

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well why aren't we all coaches?

And why have none of the tons of managers who get sacked up and down the leagues each season tried this "simple game" approach.

Tactics, preparation, conditioning sports science all play a huge role in all sports and there is plenty of evidence to show it works (marginal gains etc). There are probably quite a few reasons we are where we are at the moment. I don't think the fact we try to use modern methods (or clipboards) is one of them.

And why have none of the tons of managers who get sacked up and down the leagues each season tried this "simple game" approach.

Tactics, preparation, conditioning sports science all play a huge role in all sports and there is plenty of evidence to show it works (marginal gains etc). There are probably quite a few reasons we are where we are at the moment. I don't think the fact we try to use modern methods (or clipboards) is one of them.

Most coaches nowadays are obsessed with the possession and stats, they don't want to play the simple game and be seen as dinosaurs.

Where have this seasons clipboard coach and tracking devices got us, would it really have been worse with old fashioned simple game methods?

At the FA youth cup match on Tuesday you will find TPs lads will play the simple game, and it will be great to watch.

Edited by BP1960

Get Edmunson, Mantack and Glackin in the first team. If we're gonna be :censored:, I'd much rather us be :censored: with our own homegrown players as opposed to players on short term contracts and loans from Fulham and Wigan...

Nice idea in principle, but maybe not the best for the players themselves, especially with our fans.

• 4 weeks later...

I think Curzon Ashton may have 4 players suspended for the FA Cup match against Wimbledon, including Jamie Stott.

Incidentaly, Lincoln City have 2 players one caution away from suspension, and they play Wrexham tomorrow.

Edited by BP1960

I believe:

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum."

Nope

Venerunt viderunt vicerunt with the opposition as the subject more likely?

I can only imagine the referees must be a disgrace at that level judging by ours.

Still, this will teach him a valuable lesson in how to behave and what he can and can't get away with saying to refs

Why are you trying to justify the unprofessional behaviour of a Latics player by having an unsubstantiated attack on referees.

So it may be entirely justified then...

Maybe yes. I didn't really think that whatever was said can come close to actually assaulting somebody with an elbow while the recipiant wasn't looking to be honest. I also didn't relaise it was for two consecutive reds for the same thing. 6 games for two red cards actually seems about right.

Edited by oafc1000

I'm not using it to justify his behaviour. Just suggesting he chooses how to show his annoyance in a different way next time[/quote

Why not just show his acceptance of the referee's decision.

I notice the referee chose not to make any comment to the player on the sheer incompetence of MacKay missing from 3 yards. ....but give a dubious throw in and the referee gets dogs abuse