Edmundson

I know, defending is the least of our worries - but why are we giving Burgess chance after chance to develop and make mistakes when we could have one of our own, next to Clarke learning the ropes... oh and he's not a :censored:house, loves a battle and a tackle unlike that soft 6ft 5' lad.

Pulled in three MOM performances for Alfreton now, scored three with two coming today. Always looked a very good prospect in the youths.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, defending is the least of our worries - but why are we giving Burgess chance after chance to develop and make mistakes when we could have one of our own, next to Clarke learning the ropes... oh and he's not a :censored:house, loves a battle and a tackle unlike that soft 6ft 5' lad.

Pulled in three MOM performances for Alfreton now, scored three with two coming today. Always looked a very good prospect in the youths.

Unfortunately, like Burgess has found, being in a poor team doesn't help with confidence and I'm afraid if Edmundson did return his every error would highlighted and could set him back.

He had a very shaky match in his last first team appearance and the loan move was the best for him. Burgess is about the same age and maybe in January he will move on and develop better at another club. Any good young prospect will think twice before joining this club in January.

Edited by BP1960

If your talking on the pitch clearly it's upfront.

As a whole?

Corney

He's made some :censored: decisions but its Blitz & Gazal who are more likely making a sale difficult since they appear to be the one's who are owed the money (mostly).

Get Edmunson, Mantack and Glackin in the first team. If we're gonna be :censored:, I'd much rather us be :censored: with our own homegrown players as opposed to players on short term contracts and loans from Fulham and Wigan...

Whats the difference. If we lose 1-0 with them in the team im not going to be happier.......

Ripley, Clarke, McLaughlin (who at least went looking for the ball), and possibly Dummigan, were the only players who played anything like well enough today!. The rest were simply :censored:e!! Can anyone tell me why Ryan Flynn is in the team? He doesn't tackle, he doesn't go past people, he can't pick out a pass. Just what does he contribute? Fane looks like he's just come off Clayton Playing Fields. Green is ok'ish but I'd much rather have Liam Kelly. And as for the strikers, I'd give Ladapo one more game - in fact one more half - for him to show us that he's in the least bit interested in playing for Latics otherwise he can go back to Palace straight away for me. Erwin is not a centre forward, he hardly ever wins a header, his close control is woeful at times, and he keeps going out to the wings! Must be the manager who's telling him to do that. In my opinion the style of play is just crap. Nowhere near enough balls into the box. It's almost as though having a shot is the last resort, and the only one of our players who wins headers in the opposition box is Peter Clarke, a centre half!

Still keeping the faith, but it's getting harder and harder to watch.

I'm not one to suggest playing the youth flippantly, but these are dire straits.

Get Glackin up front against Doncaster. Ladapo has been an utter disgrace in his last two performances, Erwin isn't a lone striker and Mckay, well, why bother?

What have we got to lose?

It's not the losing I'm bothered about, it's the pathetic lack of passion and effort. We'd get that from our young lads. They'd wanna play for us...

Absolutely this.....

I watched the team come out for the 2nd half yesterday a full 30 seconds behind Clarke with their heads down and not one of them looked 'up for it'!

Despite comments to the contrary I don't think we have such a good dressing room. I think intent from the players and motivation from the coaching staff is severely lacking.

Like you say, the very least you would get from our own youngsters would be effort and commitment!

I've got reservations about the manager to be honest. In as much that he has said a few times this season that five or six of the players have not put in the effort that they should be doing. When you consider that some of them were free agents and had no club and others are with us on loan supposedly trying to make a name for themselves, it worries me that the manager can't seem to motivate them. They shouldn't need motivating in the first place but he can't seem to get them to put 100% effort in every game. Like him or loathe him a team managed by someone like Neil Warnock would not be allowed to play like this lot have played most of the season. I don't like the managerial revolving door but there's a lot to be said about appointing an experienced manager instead of relying on a rookie in the first job.

Absolutely this.....

I watched the team come out for the 2nd half yesterday a full 30 seconds behind Clarke with their heads down and not one of them looked 'up for it'!

Despite comments to the contrary I don't think we have such a good dressing room. I think intent from the players and motivation from the coaching staff is severely lacking.

Like you say, the very least you would get from our own youngsters would be effort and commitment!

What's on Baraclough's clipboard that he has to refer to so often?

Edited by BP1960

I believe:

"Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum."

Must be said BP, your vendetta against clipboards is strange.

I can't see what's so wrong about having things to refer to in your possession during a match. It happens in virtually all sport.

Must be said BP, your vendetta against clipboards is strange.

I can't see what's so wrong about having things to refer to in your possession during a match. It happens in virtually all sport.

1-0 down in a match, do you really need to tell a striker what to do other than: "Get yourself about, try and grab a goal - express yourself"

Football is a simple game.