New ticket prices!

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have they reduced the price for visiting supporters too? More away fans = better atmosphere.

I think by FL guidelines they have to charge them in line with home admission prices.

It's good that they have listened to the feedback and taken action.

I also think we need to have some communication on why we have to charge more for paying on the day rather than in advance. If it is because we make a saving on police costs or whatever then please come out and say so most of us a reasonable adults and will understand the reasons for doing so.

Edited by GlossopLatic

How many extra people do they expect to show up to make the offer a success?

If the cheaper tickets enable you to go when you couldn't afford to go previously, then great.

The timing is just bizarre. At the moment you couldn't pay people to watch Latics. Are they really going to say "we tried but the fans have to meet us half-way" when only a couple of hundred more turn up?

Usual 'serial cynics' at it again :thumbsdown:

Well done Latics

I genuinely think its a really positive response to our Supporters

Down to the players now to put an extra shift in starting this weekend

Was thinking about giving the Doncaster game a miss but I'm definitely going now

Looking forward to a good run of performances and a few wins at Home

Here's hoping for a 'Fortress BP' were Teams really don't like coming :OASISscarf:

Seems that no matter what this club attempts, it gets criticised. They consulted the fans and acted on the feedback. Not sure what more they can do. Yes the club is on its arse but i would rather have a club that may turn things round one day than no club at all. WE are not unique, lots of clubs are in a similar situation and i live in hope that things will improve. Its tough at the moment and may be for the foreseeable but i applaud the club for trying. I remain positive.

Usual 'serial cynics' at it again :thumbsdown:

Well done Latics

I genuinely think its a really positive response to our Supporters

Down to the players now to put an extra shift in starting this weekend

Was thinking about giving the Doncaster game a miss but I'm definitely going now

Looking forward to a good run of performances and a few wins at Home

Here's hoping for a 'Fortress BP' were Teams really don't like coming :OASISscarf:

No-one's been cynical. To a man, everyone has said 'fair-play'. Being realistic though, it's not going to make a massive difference. It's a root and branch problem that needs addressing and there's only one solution. £15 is better than £24 to watch :censored: but it's a far bigger picture.

Seems that no matter what this club attempts, it gets criticised. They consulted the fans and acted on the feedback. Not sure what more they can do. Yes the club is on its arse but i would rather have a club that may turn things round one day than no club at all. WE are not unique, lots of clubs are in a similar situation and i live in hope that things will improve. Its tough at the moment and may be for the foreseeable but i applaud the club for trying. I remain positive.

It's not what they do, it's the way that they do it.

The marketing and strategy around the things they do is appalling. Slashing the ticket prices to £15 is a brilliant idea but doing it now is just setting themselves up for a disappointment.

I wonder if anybody who completed the survey saying they are 'stay aways' due to the pricing mentioned the fact that no matter what the club did it was 'too late'.

The club have acted on feedback from fans and have actually tried to do something positive. Surprise! Surprise! still not good enough.

The people moaning about paying £24 are on the whole already turning up. I can't see this working out financially for the club...again like the season ticket offer (which I think will have been insured against the potential losses).

It's a different mindset trying to get stayaways back and unfortunatelyvthe only thing that will do that is an upturn in goals and win ratios. No price discounts can get someone that has broken the habit to return on the whole.

It's chicken and egg...the only thing that will work is a cash injection from somewhere and it can't come from fans and won't come from the owners!

Edited by Blue_Guru

It's certainly a bold move and definitely worth a try on a trial basis. You have to congratulate Moisley on his decision to take immediate action upon his appointment as Cheif Exec. As people have pointed out, this probably should have been done quicker, but that would have been down to the prebious Cheif Exsc. Moisley can't be blamed for that.

He came in, got the survey done quickly and acted on the most important factor under his control - I'm assuming he doesnt have the authority to tell the manager to change his style of football.

i really hope it works but, as I mentioned earlier in the thread, the attendance at the Scunthorpe game for the 2 for 1 offer makes me worry about how effective it will be.

I do think that, if it coincides with an upturn in form/excitement, it can be successful - Bradford have shown that with their cut price season ticket initiative. Here' s hoping the manager and players can deliver their part of the bargain.

Edited by bozman

It's not what they do, it's the way that they do it.

The marketing and strategy around the things they do is appalling. Slashing the ticket prices to £15 is a brilliant idea but doing it now is just setting themselves up for a disappointment.

Completely agree.....It's a great offer but as usual reactive rather than proactive. £24 for pay on the day was a ridiculous idea and shows a board that is totally out of touch with the fans.

Whilst I applaud the initiative the reason for the low crowds is solely down to results and performances on the pitch and no amount of offers are going to solve this problem.

The damage has already been done over the last 2 or 3 calamitous years, and this close season and what has followed has been the straw that broke the camels back.

Price wouldn't be such an issue if we had a decent team. We drift further and further away from that possibility with each passing season and it's the hopelessness of the situation is what's keeping people away.

I have a ST and have already paid up front....it is the only reason I have been coming recently and at this present time If I had to pay on the day I don't think I would attend even at a tenner!!

We don't score, we don't win, and we don't entertain, what else is there?

FAO: MARK MOISELEY

I emailed you with an idea on day 1 of you being at Latics. You replied saying you agreed and would look to getting it sorted.

3 main routes surrounding the Boundary Park area

Get this new £15 admission price plastered up on lampposts, sandwich boards, signposts...put the word out to thousands of passers by daily!

YOU'VE GOT NO EXCUSE!

spot on Dale have adverts all over the town on bus stops hoardings etc why can t we do that ? thers a bloody great digital sign on chaddy way telling everyone to be carefull of cyclists ? buy some time on that or put one of those trailers in the laybye

Completely agree.....It's a great offer but as usual reactive rather than proactive.

This a thousand times.

Did the club really need the survey to determine that prices was a factor?

It can't do any harm reducing the prices but currently I can't see it doing much good either.

Guest nonaenever

No, no, no. Don't think anyone's criticising - it's just the club's lack of foresight. If this had applied, for example, for the game against Walsall (Frizz's memorial too) I think we may possibly have attracted in excess of 5,000 that day - as it was, we got less than 4,000. The current problem is solely the :censored:e being played - it's that bad I`ve handed my discounted season ticket to a family friend - do the club not realise how bad it is when a 40 year plus supporter does that?

As several have intimated - you could give 2,000 tickets away for nothing at the moment - and maybe 10% would attend. The rot has once again well and truly set in. Personally, I don't think Robinson is capable of turning it around - I sincerely hope I`m wrong but I simply don't think he has it. If he does - I`ll start going again (and paying as I`ve given my season ticket away and wouldn't be cheeky enough to ask for it back).

So - it's not simply criticism - it's pointing out the blindingly obvious to anyone who knows anything about Latics.

No, no, no. Don't think anyone's criticising - it's just the club's lack of foresight.

So - it's not simply criticism - it's pointing out the blindingly obvious to anyone who knows anything about Latics.

It's pointing out the blindingly obvious to anyone who knows anything about lower league football-We want a club that we believe in.

This will be successful if more attend and the club just breaks even on ticket sales but sad to say if the team can't give a Scunthorpe home performance it will probably confirm the view of those who come back for a look that they should stay away. With only three home fixtures in the league during the next two months I can't see that this reduction will do the trick. How many will come on Saturday in the FA Cup against Doncaster?

Robinson sets us up to be dicked and park the bus, he aims for a point every game. No one will return whilst that kind of football is on show, he also needs to stop playing his mates and actually play who is in form and deserves to play.
Bottlejob
Ticket idea is great though but I doubt anyone will return