Wimbledon AFC

Technically we didn't score, not one person was in line with that goal line so as much as you want to give us the goal it was ruled out by the liner who had the best view in the house, people creaming themselves over a goal we didn't get, must be the same ones telling us how difficult it is to hit the post, simple fact is we've drawn a blank in seven of our nine home games and we are scoring a goal on average every two and a half hours at home, that's :censored:ing abysmal and there's no way of dressing that up.

To say no one was in line is complete bollocks.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want Robbo to succeed and our goals against record is only bettered by 4 teams in our league. So he clearly understands how to set up a team well defensively (Clarke and Ripley play a big part but the others do their bit) and barring exceptional circumstances that should be enough for the manager to get another transfer window.

Sadly our scoring record in the league (especially at home) is exceptionally bad. If we're still averaging half a goal per game come January I don't think Robbo will have a leg to stand on.

I don't really buy that argument. Anybody can stick a side out to defend and defend only and probably not do to badly if the quality of those players isn't bad - I don't think defensively they are for us.

It's about balance.

I don't want him out, but that goals against record is a red herring: we face one of the highest number of shots per match and are one of the most infrequent shooters. We should probably be very grateful to have the best 'keeper in the division between the sticks.

Ripley - quality as ever

Dummigan - bad game for him. Passing was off. Linked up ok with McGlaughlin on occasion

Clarke - brilliant again

Burgess - his passing is worse than James Wilson's somehow. Doesn't read the balls over the top and can't win a header without pushing his man

Dunne - also couldn't pass today and a touch like a rapist all game

McGlaughlin - looks another good signing. Delivered some beautiful crosses again and dangerous when running at his man

Fane - great defensively in breaking up play. When he has the ball someone like Banks or Flynn should be coming short for him. Everyone knows his strength isn't passing

Banks - played about 3 nice passes. Was about 2 seconds behind play all game and gave away a free kick edge of box because he :censored: out/wasn't paying attention

Flynn - didn't turn up

Erwin - touch was appalling today, does keep getting left in positions where he has 2/3 defenders round him with no support though

McKay - worked hard, was unlucky when he got on end of McGlaughlin's driven cross

Flynn did well when supporting Ladapo and I didn't see Burgess do much wrong.

McKay ran about about but that's all and like Erwin can't hold the ball, a lot of moves break down with those two.

Surely the players must know when McLaughlin gets the ball he's going to put in a good cross so they should be queuing up to put the ball in the net.

Banks has to be pushed another 20 yards upfield where he can make a telling pass as he's a liability in his own half.

Pity Croft can't start a match the way he does as a sub, he did make a difference today.

Edited by BP1960

Robinson might not have had long to put together a squad but there is no excuse for how :censored: we are at attacking. Even when we went through spells of not scoring when Dickov was in charge we still had some half decent attacking play.

90% of time in training is spent on attacking? Either the coaching is :censored: or the players aren't doing as instructed.

Flynn did well when supporting Ladapo and I didn't see Burgess do much wrong.

McKay ran about about but that's all and like Erwin can't hold the ball, a lot of moves break down with those two.

Surely the players must know when McLaughlin gets the ball he's going to put in a good cross so they should be queuing up to put the ball in the net.

Banks has to be pushed another 20 yards upfield where he can make a telling pass as he's a liability in his own half.

Pity Croft can't start a match the way he does as a sub, he did make a difference today.

We have 2 centre Mids who are both 6'2 today surely when we get the ball wide to Mclaughlin one of them must be told get in the box, I'd say it should be Banks hes a half decent footballer but he's too slow. Fane on the other hand is the polar opposite he's a terrific athlete but is really lacking technically.

Today we played 4-2-3-1 with Flynn behind the striker which started as McKay and then Lapado came on he ran the channels better than McKay. Although I thought McKay did ok today nothing more nothing less abit unlucky first half where he got across the front post well on a Mclaughlin cross and the keeper made a great save. Erwin who played wide left and I thought was woeful and I didn't like how he slowly trudged off when he was subbed. Their was alot of the game to play then he wasn't being subbed to slow the game down he was subbed for being poor.

We are still 3-4 players light 2 midfielders and 2 strikers needed in January I think. I'd rather we give it to Robinson to turn it round. If we start 2017 out of the FA cup and rock bottom then I'd consider getting rid of him but I'd rather give him the time to turn this round?

Edited by GlossopLatic

To say that the game finished 0-0 isn't. Chron picture on Twitter shows ball not over the line

So you're not denying it was bollocks then.

True the match finished 0-0 but that's because the officials didn't give a goal that was. :censored: happens.

That picture is inconclusive, from behind the player and not in line. You can't use that as evidence.