Wimbledon AFC

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The limited edition Mitre match ball branded with The Royal British Legion’s iconic Poppy logo ended up on the Main Stand roof!

Might be worth a small fortune that in a few seasons...think two went up there today. Wonder if it's regularly cleared out. Bet there are old leather casey footballs up there from eons ago.

Ooo could be worth a small fortune....50p even

So you're not denying it was bollocks then.

True the match finished 0-0 but that's because the officials didn't give a goal that was. :censored: happens.

That picture is inconclusive, from behind the player and not in line. You can't use that as evidence.

b

Buy a paper tomorrow. It will probably say Oldham 0 AFC Wimbledon 0 .....it won't say Oldham 1 ( not allowed ) AFC Wimbledon 0 ....we have not scored in 8 of our last 10 home games. We must get some awfully bad linesmen. I wish the North stand neutrals could referee

I don't really buy that argument. Anybody can stick a side out to defend and defend only and probably not do to badly if the quality of those players isn't bad - I don't think defensively they are for us.

It's about balance.

I don't want him out, but that goals against record is a red herring: we face one of the highest number of shots per match and are one of the most infrequent shooters. We should probably be very grateful to have the best 'keeper in the division between the sticks.

Fair point, although he does get credit for bringing Ripley in.

As I said above, I want him to succeed but if things continue as they are until January I'd say that the con's outweigh the pro's and we should look elsewhere.

To get past the boring disagreements can we just all accept that in some people's minds Latics today beat the mighty AFC Wimbledon 1-0?

It might be difficult to get it past the Football League. The BBC site might insist on showing it as 0-0

At least we should all co-operate in trying to maintain this result occured which takes OAFC up to 21st in the 3rd division. KTF.

Can be summed up in one passage if play.... 75 mins gone, starting to put a bit of pressure on and ladapo breaks forward... 10 yards from goal line right hand side:

Croft - half way line

Banks - walking towards box, about 40 yards out

Fane - center circle

Flynn - jogging about 40 yards from goal

Mclaughlin - making a bit of an attempt to get forward

One person actually trying to help ladapo and he was man of match today although hr didnt have much to beat...

We're so slow to get forward. Zero intention to win the game. That was as boring as any other game this season. People can blame strikers all they want, but thats not where the problem lies. Iys midfielders and style of play causing the problem. We're also soft as sh1t clarke n fane excluded.

If that's improvement, its going to take a hell of a long time to score a goal...never mind look decent.

Still behind robbo although im disappointed with the progression so far. We're 4 months into the season... Gelling time is starting to look like an excuse.

January needs to be a reshape. Rid ourselves of panic buys and get players he wants in... By march / april the knives will be out if we still look so dull. If we're going down... I want to see fight.

Edited by Fruitygoo

To get past the boring disagreements can we just all accept that in some people's minds Latics today beat the mighty AFC Wimbledon 1-0?

It might be difficult to get it past the Football League. The BBC site might insist on showing it as 0-0

At least we should all co-operate in trying to maintain this result occured which takes OAFC up to 21st in the 3rd division. KTF.

So people aren't allowed to feel hard done by when in their opinion a goal that should have counted doesn't?

No but we will accept that we were on the end of a bad referring decision today that could have cost us. But overall we were not good enough to win the game.

Acknowledging bad refereeing decisions have gone against us and accepting we are in this position because of our own weaknesses are not mutually exclusive view points.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Fair point, although he does get credit for bringing Ripley in.

As I said above, I want him to succeed but if things continue as they are until January I'd say that the con's outweigh the pro's and we should look elsewhere.

I have absolutely no idea why, but he has my backing regardless of what happens.

I have absolutely no idea why, but he has my backing regardless of what happens.

Check out his comments on LP after the game....he was happy with the performance and efforts of his players......I sometimes wonder if I have been watching the same game.

We never looked like scoring apart from that goalmouth melee towards the end. We just don't seem to want to score badly enough.

Another afternoon of total boredom....don't know how much more of this :censored:e I can stand.

If it weren't for my season ticket I really don't think I'd bother.

Check out his comments on LP after the game....he was happy with the performance and efforts of his players......I sometimes wonder if I have been watching the same game.

We never looked like scoring apart from that goalmouth melee towards the end. We just don't seem to want to score badly enough.

Another afternoon of total boredom....don't know how much more of this :censored:e I can stand.

If it weren't for my season ticket I really don't think I'd bother.

I don't disagree that it was poor. Woeful advertisement for league one football from both sides. However, it baffles me that you say we didn't look like scoring before the late scramble. McKay forced the keeper into a stunning save 1st half, Erwin's header was very well saved. A further 2-3 shots well saved from edge of the box and Flynn's chance was arguably the best of the lot. We definitely were a threat without playing at all well.

The acoustics in the Chaddy End were switched on today - the Wimbledon fans could be heard loud and clear in the end of the North Stand nearest the Jimmy Frizzell Stand.

I thought we'd put that to bed. Clearly, since we've all heard the away fans in there but never heard the home fans, it's nothing to do with acoustics.

It's that the away fans are singing and the home fans didn't.

I don't know if the ball went in or not. But how on earth did Clarke miss the target with his header that followed it?

The worst was the fact Ladapo actually hit the bar, it was easier to score, and for the record I haven't the foggiest if it went over the line or not.

Flynn did well when supporting Ladapo and I didn't see Burgess do much wrong.

McKay ran about about but that's all and like Erwin can't hold the ball, a lot of moves break down with those two.

Surely the players must know when McLaughlin gets the ball he's going to put in a good cross so they should be queuing up to put the ball in the net.

Banks has to be pushed another 20 yards upfield where he can make a telling pass as he's a liability in his own half.

Pity Croft can't start a match the way he does as a sub, he did make a difference today.

Agree with all of that . Fane and Banks were far too deep & it lead to Wimbledon winning the majority of 2nd balls first half .