Scunthorpe v OLDHAM 20th Nov.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many games does the midfielder get a warning when on a yellow and control himself and not get sent off? Far outweighs the times they get a red.

Green to blame. Nobody else

I said previously Green made a reckless tackle after he was booked and got away with it, all the signs were there the next mistimed tackle would see him sent off. The manager obviously didn't read these signs, apart from the fact Green was clearly carrying an injury.

Of course Green was primarily to blame for his actions, but everyone saw the red card coming.

Edited by BP1960

McDuff, can you remember a few days ago when I pointed out that you have always already made your mind up?

It just seems totally alien to you that other people might view things even slightly differently.

QED.............................................................................................................Not the next

McDuff, can you remember a few days ago when I pointed out that you have always already made your mind up?

It just seems totally alien to you that other people might view things even slightly differently.

QED.............................................................................................................Not the next

CockSmoker

So many of us said we didn't mind a defeat as we put effort in/tried.

Clearly we did this against top of the League.

Robinson was dealt an appalling hand.

WE are not miles adrift.

Robinson should be given a window. It is not the same as Dunn, who inherited a full team, and had been part of the squad and knew them.

Robinson has shown he can alter tactics.

That said, I'm surprised with Green he committed such tactical blunder , as said, even Roy called it after his next foul.

He can't go back to boring tactics at home.

He should be given a window though, just because he signed Conor Ripley.

People saying we're good defensively. We're not. We are lucky.

We have a very very good goalkeeper (the fact he gets man of the match nearly every week even when losing 2-0)

And we have a very good centre half.

These two get us out the :censored: every single time.

What's the cut off point?

What if it's another defeat on Tuesday at Vale, a dismal home performance ending in a draw/loss on Saturday followed by a possible loss at Lincoln on tv...

does he get January?

I pray for 3 wins but legitimately can anybody see at least 3 points and a cup win out of those 3?

What if it's another defeat on Tuesday at Vale, a dismal home performance ending in a draw/loss on Saturday followed by a possible loss at Lincoln on tv...

does he get January?

I pray for 3 wins but legitimately can anybody see at least 3 points and a cup win out of those 3?

42 goals for Lincoln in the league alone. Very strong on set plays so it's a concern.

On the other side of the coin some of their players look slow.

does he get January?

Vale have the best home record in the division.

Lincoln is a banana skin of a tie.

Home is the crux of it.

However for me he's got until it is untenable, and we're a way off that situation. The alternative is another rookie with the same constraints as Robinson.

Give the man a chance.

Vale have the best home record in the division.

Lincoln is a banana skin of a tie.

Home is the crux of it.

However for me he's got until it is untenable, and we're a way off that situation. The alternative is another rookie with the same constraints as Robinson.

Give the man a chance.

To be fair most expected a heavy defeat at Scunthorpe and on the first half performance he can't be far away from good results.

Maybe SC will give the manager a vote of confidence?

Edited by BP1960

Contact has been made with Sheridan. I do not claim that this will end in his appointment, or that he will be more successful than Robbo. But at least the club appreciates the danger we are in.

FFS...He walked out and left us high and dry....... why would he want to, or more importantly would we want him to come back?

As far as making contact with him....for what, consultancy? lol!! ...he's hardly Guardiola and we already have O'Driscoll's experience to fall upon!

Edited by oafc1955

I can't defend the manager over the Green situation.

Green got booked. He committed another hefty foul. Right in front of the dugout. The referee reached for his pocket immediately and then changed his mind when he realised another yellow would end Green's game.

It was already obvious Green could not be trusted but he was left on the pitch. Sent off a few minutes later with the score goalless and we end up losing. At the time I don't think we'd made any changes.

As with Fane earlier in the season it was a red card waiting to happen that was totally avoidable if the manager acted in a timely manner.

I'm not convinced Robinson has shown us he can learn from his mistakes. We're unable to score goals and in the relegation zone. Why would we give him more time?