Scunthorpe v OLDHAM 20th Nov.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Appalling and unforgivable from Robinson, that. Green already had a warning before his red, he should have been subbed so long ago.

Decent enough in the first half, but again, can't hit a barn door. Should have been ahead at HT. Having said that, the first 15mins of the second half was ome of the most ridiculous I've seen, we got absolutely peppered.

And we can't defend set pieces. At all.

Why can't the manager see that we desperately need a striker - or 2 if possible!! I'm sick to death of reading or hearing that they've played well on the whole but lost again!! It doesn't matter how good the defence is they will concede the odd goal, but there's no way in the world that we are going to score twice to turn a game round!

9 goals scored in 18 games is embarrassing and makes for very depressing reading, and it's a relegation statistic unless some spark can be found up front.

The last thing we need in these circumstances is another holding midfielder or centre half. GOALS WIN GAMES Robinson!!!!!

Appalling and unforgivable from Robinson, that. Green already had a warning before his red, he should have been subbed so long ago.

Decent enough in the first half, but again, can't hit a barn door. Should have been ahead at HT. Having said that, the first 15mins of the second half was ome of the most ridiculous I've seen, we got absolutely peppered.

And we can't defend set pieces. At all.

Some would argue that the manager trusting one of the most experienced players not to get a 2nd booking isn't the worst managerial decision in history......

Why can't the manager see that we desperately need a striker - or 2 if possible!! I'm sick to death of reading or hearing that they've played well on the whole but lost again!! It doesn't matter how good the defence is they will concede the odd goal, but there's no way in the world that we are going to score twice to turn a game round!

9 goals scored in 18 games is embarrassing and makes for very depressing reading, and it's a relegation statistic unless some spark can be found up front.

The last thing we need in these circumstances is another holding midfielder or centre half. GOALS WIN GAMES Robinson!!!!!

Agree with most of that, but:

I'm certain he knows we need a striker but with us unable to use the loan market until January and the list of free agent strikers being very short, we have to make do and mend.

Guest nonaenever

First half it could realistically have been 3-1 to us. How McKay has missed that one on the half hour is unbelievable. The manager keeps telling us that McKay is one of the best finishers he has worked with - this is what fans are finding hard to stomach - a 5 year old schoolboy could have scored that chance.

When we didn't capitalise on 4 or 5 good chances in the first half, we all thought it was inevitable that Scunny would come at us second - and they sure did.

However, and this is an important point, that was the second time that Robinson has failed to substitute a player (Green) who was an obvious walking red card (he failed to do the same with Fane at home earlier in the season).

That terrible managing has probably cost us a point today (at least).

Listened to the Scunthorpe commentary, they too conceded that we should have been four up at half time and commented that teams going up need to win games like this, they then did, that's the way it goes.

The sending off turned it in their favour from the sound of it and as we know it's always the team at the top that get the breaks. Sounded a cracking game and they were annoyingly complimentary about our passing ability especially in the first half. We can't keep missing chances like this surely.

Listened to the Scunthorpe commentary, they too conceded that we should have been four up at half time and commented that teams going up need to win games like this, they then did, that's the way it goes.

The sending off turned it in their favour from the sound of it and as we know it's always the team at the top that get the breaks. Sounded a cracking game and they were annoyingly complimentary about our passing ability especially in the first half. We can't keep missing chances like this surely.

"The team at the top always gets the breaks" .....does that include hitting the stanchion 2 feet over the line and having to play on?

I said it before, Steve Robinson has put together a talented squad in a short period of time.

Steve Robinson does not know and to manage this squad and unless he leaves before the next window we will be relegated.

A very good coach does not guarantee a good manager. Willie Donachie was a perfect example

Yes I do know that we can't sign anyone until January, stating the obvious actually! But in the Chron this week they were talking about a holding midfielder and a centre half. Anthony Gerrard would provide decent cover but for gods sake we need goals otherwise we are in League 2 next season because the current crop of strikers are collectively woeful. End of!!

I said it before, Steve Robinson has put together a talented squad in a short period of time.

Steve Robinson does not know and to manage this squad and unless he leaves before the next window we will be relegated.

A very good coach does not guarantee a good manager. Willie Donachie was a perfect example

So we've battered them but he doesn't know how to manage them? Okay.

It's no consolation, I know, but does the fact that Scunny's keeper was awarded MOM say something? If we weren't having shots, he wouldn't be MOM. Sounded like we should have been out of sight by half time, but games likes that happen. Maybe I'm just being too positive.

So we've battered them but he doesn't know how to manage them? Okay.

I hate to break this too you but we lost again! We didn't batter anyone and they had a perfectly good goal ruled out to boot.

If he is a good to decent manager why do we sit well into the bottom four with the worst goal scoring record in memory!

Its not just about today! Okay?

Edited by palmer1