• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'you can get them to play some really good stuff which we did, he commented.'

Where has this really good football been? I've honestly not seen much of it - perhaps once at Bury months ago. Others who have been more might say Charlton, Scunthorpe, Gillingham and Port Vale, but we've got points out of them - the good performances seem to have been rewarded, and we're bottom, which says a lot...

Whenever I've seen us lose we've been fully deserving of defeat. Every team will have a decent match every five, but this idea it's *only* goals we're missing is so far-fetched. Generally we struggle to pass it about and control a game in midfield. It's far bigger than a striker not putting a shot away.

'you can get them to play some really good stuff which we did, he commented.'

Where has this really good football been? I've honestly not seen much of it - perhaps once at Bury months ago. Others who have been more might say Charlton, Scunthorpe, Gillingham and Port Vale, but we've got points out of them - the good performances seem to have been rewarded, and we're bottom, which says a lot...

Charlton was abysmal although I dare say it stood or like a beacon compared to the other stuff

I can't believe after every loss that the man in charge still praises the teams efforts? His determination to remain positive and praise his team after every poor result is blind and desperate.

They worked hard again yesterday. It was :censored: to watch, we lost, but unlike Southend and Lincoln all players put a shift in.

I tend to ask this a lot these days - but is there even any rumour that he might go? I can't see us sack him due to not being able to pay him off, so it'd have to be him walking...

Any iota of of sign that might happen?

Not that anybody could save us now...

I think it is a mix of not being able to pay him off (if his contract was longer than a rolling 6 months) or not being confident of bringing anyone else in. They really struggled on summer and are probably wary of making a rash decision and then having no one sufficient lined up!

Similarly if they are reigned to going down now why waste money paying someone off this season? They may as well let his contract run out and then find someone in the summer for League 2.

I think it is a mix of not being able to pay him off (if his contract was longer than a rolling 6 months) or not being confident of bringing anyone else in. They really struggled on summer and are probably wary of making a rash decision and then having no one sufficient lined up!

Similarly if they are reigned to going down now why waste money paying someone off this season? They may as well let his contract run out and then find someone in the summer for League 2.

And all the while, hundreds of those few left who turn up on Saturday decide to stay home or in the pub instead - and who could blame them.

Like a dripping tap, annoying, but you eventually have to fit a new washer.

If he's going to get axed, the obvious option would be to give the job to O'Driscoll till the end of the season.

Despite some noises made by media outlets, I'd be surprised if we sacked him...

Yeah I'm wondering if Corney is going down the 'constructive dismissal' route.

Put him under more pressure with no support and see if he breaks.

Manager doesn't get the players he wants, Down to Corney, always easier to blame a mangaer.

He did get many he wanted though. Pinned his hopes on McKay and Ladapo for instance.

Edited by BP1960

Spoke to Peter Shirtliff last week in our golf club car park , I said I bet you are glad you didn't get the Oldham job , he said at his interview he gave them a list of 6/7 players that we should sign , needless to say we didn't sign any of them and according to him all are doing well for different clubs in league one. He said what happened with Shez was a real shame and he said to shez if you want more money ask Simon after all you are a hero at this club, surely he will help. We know the rest !!!!

ps Peters golf has got better !!!

Spoke to Peter Shirtliff last week in our golf club car park , I said I bet you are glad you didn't get the Oldham job , he said at his interview he gave them a list of 6/7 players that we should sign , needless to say we didn't sign any of them and according to him all are doing well for different clubs in league one. He said what happened with Shez was a real shame and he said to shez if you want more money ask Simon after all you are a hero at this club, surely he will help. We know the rest !!!!

ps Peters golf has got better !!!

Bring him back in place of Baraclough, I'm sure he could work with SR.

Sign new manager, give him next to nothing to work with, watch him slowly fail, sack him, repeat....

The problem lies higher in the structure and until that is fixed the club will continue to do absolutely :censored: all....

Thanks for the negative. Didn't you just agree though? :applause1: