• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nonaenever

You've seen something in my posts that suggests I'm liking the current football? I go to the same games as most on here. It's :censored:. Bull:censored: doesn't smell sweeter though.

leeslover - my apologies - probably me misinterpreting your original quote. I thought you were intimating I was a "Simon Corney lover" when, in fact, you were probably relating to my proposed "questions for the Chairman" - and the fact he should be given a thorough grilling and nobody would complain.

I wish I could but, as you will see from my update on that thread, I`ve not heard from him as promised unfortunately.

I`ll be there today - and I suspect like many others will be venting my spleen if there is not a huge improvement, a goal/s and 3 points.

Apologies once again.

How is it "so Latics"?

This is the worst we've ever been in my 41 years, therefore, quite "un-Latics" to me....

Depends how long you've been watching for.

Aside from very short periods under Johnson and Dickov, this has been the only Latics I've known.

Edited by NewBlue

Guest nonaenever

I laughed out loud reading that. It's almost unthinkable a side can be that bad. So Latics.

Perhaps the most worrying thing NewBlue is that the quote was posted on the 1st October - we are now 3 months on - and nothing has changed - in fact, you could say we have regressed even more. It's surely got to be a barnstormer from Latics today to prevent a wholesale backlash from the crowd, surely?

Not a lot Robbo can do about players missing chances. It could make all the difference if we can get the right players in this month.

If we're still thinking sacking him it has to be tonight...no point giving him the window and then sacking him in February.

If we had set up and played like this previously, we would not be in the position we are. We even kept a player up at their corners. If we get someone who can put the ball in the net and we play like we did today, we will pick up points. Robbinson did the right thing today.

If he'd been sacked after Fleetwood and we'd put in the same performance under a new manager then the criticism would be of the players who didn't put the chances away/praise to Alnwick for a couple of excellent saves.

There wasn't much more Robinson could have done today.

The only people that know if we can get out of the embargo are the Board.

The only other people that know SR's targets are the Board.

It seems that SC's words last week had an effect, and SR managed to get quite some improvement.

We all know we need at least one more proven striker, and a few more besides.

Agree, the decision has to be now.

The next two weeks to the next League game are crucial.

It seems unfair not to give SR a chance to redeem some of his enforced rushed signings, but we don't know what quality he can bring.

Most are being very fair on the performance, giving credit.

Wonder if it is one of those occasions when a manager tells them it's his last gime and they perform better, but I hope it was just it all gelling together and we make rapid progress.

Down to the Board this one. They've got one chance.

Edited by singe

What I don't understand from that interview was in response to being asked why we don't play like that every week, Robinson said that he thinks we does.

If he doesn't see the difference between that and the usual dross served up I don't know what he watches. We never play with that energy, desire or intensity - there was a marked positive change from the usual.

What I don't understand from that interview was in response to being asked why we don't play like that every week, Robinson said that he thinks we does.

If he doesn't see the difference between that and the usual dross served up I don't know what he watches. We never play with that energy, desire or intensity - there was a marked positive change from the usual.

We even played the ball into the channels today for Osei and Ladapo to chase, fair play to Osei he won quite a few, 1st time in ages I actually enjoyed the game, alright it was frustrating as we just lacked that bit of skill at times, but I will take that sort of fight rather than the insipid displays we have witnessed for the majority of the season.

Today was it we was good or Port Vale :censored:? We played better than usual and had a few chances but they was one of the worst teams I've seen at BP and we still couldn't beat them.

Another game with no goals scored, he has to go. By the time we next play at BP it'll be around 3 months since our last home league goal.