He can get his cv execs to add that to his portfolio.Robinson could team up with him as his assistant at Hyde.

Personally they could not assemble a Lego team between them.If Corney is reading these posts...get someone with some experience in management and rapid and get rid of the likes of Green Banks Burgess Ladapo Rekord Erwin Mackay .Only a few players worth keeping hold off like Ripley,Wilson,Fane ,Clarke.Never seen such rubbish as we play at home but away games seem not too bad overall in effort.

We have won 2 out of 12 away and scored 8 times. I must be missing something!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a great initiative to be fair.... and Dale's record at finding, developing and then selling on for big profit, young or disgarded pro's is something you have to admire.

I wonder how TP views this approach in comparison to our youth set up, notwithstanding we've had our fair share of successes in recent seasons: Tarky, Coleman - who played in the championship today - and Renshaw. Sadly, who have all made seemingly less profit for the club than Dale's players have for theirs.

Nonaenever - if you're reading this - there is a question in here somewhere for your meeting with the Chairman.

Much as I admire the great work of TP it must be frustrating if he can't develop the talent at his disposal.

I blame the scrapping of the reserves team league for this, a cheap cost cutting exercise IMO. In addition SR cannot give them regular games and watch their progress.

Edited by BP1960

There's a young player called Aaron Morley at Rochdale who I rate, got talking to his old man at a pre season game and jokingly said I'd love to see him playing for Oldham, his dad basically couldn't have been more praising of Dale and Keith Hill and despite his son being only 17 the lad was already being integrated into the first team and mapping out what the plan was for his boy going forward, I think the stability at a club like Rochdale is a big plus for them and helps the kids make the step up to senior level.

I know someone who used to play for ours & then Dales U16's about 4/5 years ago. He said that our setup at that level was shocking compared to Rochdales...

That's disappointing. Let's hypothesise for a mo, let's say the Chairman said, we're spending no money on fees - transfer or agents - and only recruiting free agents or loanees (i.e. The current situation) but we were increasing the budget of the youth set up - to include links with local non league sides - a larger youth scouting network, summer clubs, trial days, youth training & education schemes - all designed to find more Tarky, Coleman, Renshaws - with whom we would put on 3/4 year contracts, that would necessitate large fees should bigger clubs come calling, you'd imagine many of us would at least be satisfied there was a plan. Albeit one that might not payback for a few seasons.

There's a young player called Aaron Morley at Rochdale who I rate, got talking to his old man at a pre season game and jokingly said I'd love to see him playing for Oldham, his dad basically couldn't have been more praising of Dale and Keith Hill and despite his son being only 17 the lad was already being integrated into the first team and mapping out what the plan was for his boy going forward, I think the stability at a club like Rochdale is a big plus for them and helps the kids make the step up to senior level.

I was talking to an ex Latics scout the other day, he is now with Rochdale and thinks the set up there is great, with as you say quick progress from youth to the first team. Rochdale seem a club very well run and makes you wonder if all the great work by TP is being squandered here.

As I said earlier.... if nonaenever is reading this, there is a question or two in here somewhere for the Chairman.

I've more or less submitted the the question about Youth Development, a big miss on IMHO.

But I think a matter of record, that it was managers decision to disband Reserves, hence the caveat in my question. Hopefully a topic selected, if it's not my actual question.

"Last year the Youth Alliance Team did amazingly well, yet very few were kept on. How many of those were for football reasons not financial? Would we be better ring fencing more investment into Youth set up, even if it risk upsetting the Frist Team Manager?"

Guest nonaenever

As I said earlier.... if nonaenever is reading this, there is a question or two in here somewhere for the Chairman.

All noted - thank you. Point number 6 on the fans' charter also alludes to this - and several questions for the Chairman related to it.

Was scheduled to meet SC before the Sheffield game today (to arrange the questions session) but unfortunately his flight from the US was delayed. Will either meet with him or speak on the phone this week to finalise the date for the interview soonest.

Thanks for your patience.

Sounds like a great initiative to be fair.... and Dale's record at finding, developing and then selling on for big profit, young or disgarded pro's is something you have to admire.

I wonder how TP views this approach in comparison to our youth set up, notwithstanding we've had our fair share of successes in recent seasons: Tarky, Coleman - who played in the championship today - and Renshaw. Sadly, who have all made seemingly less profit for the club than Dale's players have for theirs.

Nonaenever - if you're reading this - there is a question in here somewhere for your meeting with the Chairman.

This lads Dad works at the same office as me never met him before. But his sons coach who developed him and many others who seen him play speak very highly off him.

His name is Daniel Adshead

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/02/14/gb-rochdale-starlet-set-for-first-team/?utm_medium=share%20service&utm_campaign=social%20media&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=HITCsport

Edited by Forte_Baby

The days of large fees are gone as the Premiership supports youth teams in return for fixed price buy outs which then increase with appearances.

Much is said about our team but those players who most want to see the back of did create enough chances for us to win the Boxing Day game. The problem is the failure to score. Robinson is right when he bemoans the lack of a Billy Sharp. He wouldn't make us play off material but a striker of his ability would secure our place in this league.

Where Robinson has disappointed me is that in knowing he does not have a Billy Sharp he is trying the Northern Ireland way with a group of players who can't do it for 90 minutes - 72 Yesterday. He has therefore if a Billy Sharp is not going to join the squad in January find the players who can do it for 90 minutes (unlikely) or change the way he sets up the team and find the players to help him do that.

The bottom line is therefore to get the team to score more goals than it concedes or we go down.

Reserves or extra £200k in the budget - managers have been backed into a corner.

The same conversation was proposed about the youth set up, thankfully common sense has prevailed but having no reserve team has hit us hard. I'm sure there's still leagues out there but not wanting to pay for a proper academy in the late 90s shows more lack of planning for the future - although that's one thing we CANT blame Corney for...

Watched Kelly's Hyde team win 3-1 at Droylsden today.

Very passionate in his coaching from the bench, living every minute of the game.

Had a word with him before the match and he told me he's building a structure at the club for the future.

As I drove past the butchers arms on my way to Bramall Lane I wondered how that game might turnout.

If he told you he was building a space rocket to go to Mars would you believe him?

If he did build one I certainly wouldn't be getting in it......

Believe that and you'll believe anything singe!

When Darren Kelly was first appointed I asked the question about reserve team football. Barry Owen went on about it not being cost effective but an U21 side once the loan Windows was closed would be considered.