• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All those who want him gone I'd ask this, if we get rid it will cost X amount of pounds to pay him and the coach off, wouldn't the X amount of pounds be better used bringing in two or three quality players who can really make a difference?

I think the suggestion that Robinson's pay-off would equate to two or three quality players will almost certainly bear no resemblance to the reality.

Their fans must be :censored:ting themselves. They can't afford to go up with gates like that. I really think we should send in the red fleece to save them from themselves.

Quite right! All that money from doubling your gates plus several million just for being in the Championship

Who would want all those away fans from cubs such as Newcastle. Leeds, Derby and Forest etc.

Derbies against Blackburn. Preston, Barnsley, Hudds and perhaps Bolton and Wigan.

'They cannot afford to go up!' 'Yes but well you wouldnt turn it down, would you?'

Quite right! All that money from doubling your gates plus several million just for being in the Championship

Who would want all those away fans from cubs such as Newcastle. Leeds, Derby and Forest etc.

Derbies against Blackburn. Preston, Barnsley, Hudds and perhaps Bolton and Wigan.

'They cannot afford to go up!' 'Yes but well you wouldnt turn it down, would you?'

It's one of the most ridiculous statements in football. Corney peddled this in Shez's first season as manager. Makes the whole running a football club pointless if the idea to win promotion is never on the cards. It's the same sort of thinking as "take a relegation so we can come back stronger for it." No club should ever see the chance of promotion as being too expensive. You take the step up and try and use the extra income to level up.

Justin Edinburgh wouldn't be a bad shout actually...

I'd be looking at Hasselbank. Did a cracking job at this level. Only problem is that he was at a relatively stable club, not this :censored:show, plus he's a big name and would be more likely to leave quickly

Edinburgh was hated by Gillingham fans by the end.

Cotterell?

I'd be looking at Hasselbank. Did a cracking job at this level. Only problem is that he was at a relatively stable club, not this :censored:show, plus he's a big name and would be more likely to leave quickly

Cotterell?

Id have Cotterill all day but people keep forgetting we have a manager who hasnt even had a vote of confidence yet...

Cotterell?

Hasselbaink who turned down Coventry? Yeah, he'd come here.

I rather like the one swallow idiom because in the Free Dictionary they define this as:

"something that you say which means because one good thing has happened, you cannot therefore be certain that more good things will happen and the whole situation will improve Okay, they won their last game but one swallow doesn't make a summer. They're still bottom of the league."
We couldn't even win the game against the worst team we have faced who sat back and made us look better with no end result - I'm forgetting we didn't lose.