Did you go today?

Won 3 games in 24 - played against a side who are on a horrendous run with no manager, i stand corrected i apologize my friend on second thoughts we should extend Robinsons contract in case he gets headhunted.

Edited by mickjagger

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won 3 games in 24 - played against a side who are on a horrendous run with no manager, i stand corrected i apologize my friend on second thoughts we should extend Robinsons contract in case he gets headhunted.

No need for your sarcasm.

Did you not see those bits where we looked like we might try to score but then didn't?

We get it, you didn't go, so your opinion on today's performance isn't valid. Keep going though sweet cheeks

Having been to 10 home league games and not yet seen a goal, I probably have as much reason as most to be in a Robbo Out camp.

However, I have seen Latics teams in the past that produced more despair than the current lot - although there is still plenty to be concerned about. Also, I have seen some evidence of both manager and players improving in the last couple of games.

With a newbie manager and an almost completely new squad pulled together on the cheap, this was always going to be a hard season.

The hope would be by the end of it we are in a position to go into next season with some more hope (though without a change to the finances, that might be nothing more than mid table).

We are not adrift, we can play some football, and based on the last two home games - we are doing enough to get goals, so I believe they will come.

At this moment in time, I'd stick with Robbo - not sure a change for changes sake will help, and it's not as though a great manager will want the job.

Finally - Shez? Not a great manager in my opinion, but did pull off a miracle last year, and wouldn't want him back a third time. Feel the manner of departure left a bad taste - if he'd gone to a bigger better club I'd understand, but dropping a division....

Having been to 10 home league games and not yet seen a goal, I probably have as much reason as most to be in a Robbo Out camp.

However, I have seen Latics teams in the past that produced more despair than the current lot - although there is still plenty to be concerned about. Also, I have seen some evidence of both manager and players improving in the last couple of games.

With a newbie manager and an almost completely new squad pulled together on the cheap, this was always going to be a hard season.

The hope would be by the end of it we are in a position to go into next season with some more hope (though without a change to the finances, that might be nothing more than mid table).

We are not adrift, we can play some football, and based on the last two home games - we are doing enough to get goals, so I believe they will come.

At this moment in time, I'd stick with Robbo - not sure a change for changes sake will help, and it's not as though a great manager will want the job.

Finally - Shez? Not a great manager in my opinion, but did pull off a miracle last year, and wouldn't want him back a third time. Feel the manner of departure left a bad taste - if he'd gone to a bigger better club I'd understand, but dropping a division....

You didnt go to Fleetwood then? 1 shot on target which I dont even remember...

One Swallow doesn't make a summer.

I was at the game yesterday and yes it was more enjoyable and yes I agree with Robinson we do and have played like that before. HOWEVER we only perform like that once a month at best and yesterday we got just one point and one point is not good enough.

Looking at the fixtures for January I think we need 9 points from the five games. Shrewsbury away is a classic six pointer that we must win. Bradford and Peterborough are doing OK and will take us on rather than sitting back which is what we saw yesterday - a very poor team dominated by another very poor team. Gillingham and Port Vale were the most likely and we have failed to score against Port Vale.

I doubt there will be the funds to sack Robinson and add better players and because we do need some replacements if we are to survive it looks to me that Stephen will be staying.

I doubt there will be the funds to sack Robinson and add better players and because we do need some replacements if we are to survive it looks to me that Stephen will be staying.

Surely if you are appointing a manager there would be at least a clause that had ' if we are bottom of the league after x period of time then the contract can be terminated "

Don't need to sack robbo just put him on gardening leave. Happened before so no reason why we can't do it again. Think it is time for him to go. One good performance against a truely awful vale side for me doesn't save him his job.

Edited by adamoafc

Don't need to sack robbo just put him on gardening leave. Happened before so no reason why we can't do it again. Think it is time for him to go. One good performance against a truely awful vale side for me doesn't save him his job.

Yeah, it's as easy and straightforward as that Corney, what are you waiting for man?

Robbo has served up one of the worst results in the history of the club. Not lost to a non league club in 4 decades. Add to that 12 blanks in 19 league games.

Go back to Norn and bore the **** out of Linfield or Glentoran. You haven't a clue what to do. Christ we know we have it bad. But this is the :censored:ing pits!!! Go!!! Now!!!

So chaps and chapess...I started this topic off after the Lincoln defeat (5th Dec)

Almost 40 pages on...5 games on...now 16 blanks in 24 league games...

Last season we had 16 blanks ALL season...

Really could not give a toss that we looked a bit better yesterday. Turned a corner have we? The same :censored:ing corner we had turned after beating Scunny?

Nil goals in 7hrs 20 mins of football and nil wins in 10 games. Heading for less than 23 goals in a full season - English football league record is 24 goals in a 42 games season.

Worst manager in Latics history...and some are still defending this guy. Incredible!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Because some are more realistic in their expectations than others?

I expect Coventry to improve with new signings and pull away from the bottom 4.

I do not expect us to win our game in hand as we cannot score goals BUT If we do we are off the bottom but still in the bottom 4 (see above re Coventry.)

I also expect Dale to bag a couple of million quid on Hogan who we turned down and to make the play offs quite easily.

I expect Coventry to improve with new signings and pull away from the bottom 4.

I do not expect us to win our game in hand as we cannot score goals BUT If we do we are off the bottom but still in the bottom 4 (see above re Coventry.)

I also expect Dale to bag a couple of million quid on Hogan who we turned down and to make the play offs quite easily.

Gotta love the Dale.

They got 3200 against Shewsbury, so they are catching up

I'd imagine they've got a lot of stragglers around Greater Manchester going to their most recent games.

Best home record in the division and almost guaranteed entertainment. There's been a few times in the past year or so I've thought about going down there if we've been away.

If we were in their position, with 8 (or more?) consecutive home victories we'd been nearing 6000 on the gates I'd imagine.