• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breaking news or not its the important issue we should be talking about instead of sacking the current sacrificial lamb...

We can all agree that the club is being run badly, but it's nonsense to suggest that having the right manager in place isn't crucial. People were talking about the "important issue" last season when things on the pitch were going badly, but Shez came along and proved that the right manager can make a difference. Given that this division has a lot of rubbish teams, even if a half-decent manager came in now we'd have a chance of staying up.

Robinson's no sacrificial lamb - as nice a guy as he is, his tactics have been dire in most matches. If these elusive new owners came in and were willing to plough money into the club, they'd be daft, I'm sorry to say, to give Robinson a penny of it.

Edited by JoeP

Talk is cheap, abusing people or repeating the same message day after day doesn't make them any likelier to sell the club.

Talk is cheap so I voted with my feet and removed my hard earned pennies from his pockets... I knew continue support was pointless six years ago. Some of you still have your head in the ground.

What have you been doing about it other than attacking people pointing out reality ?

Who have I abused? Its you attacking the messengers from where I am stood...

Edited by oafc0000

We can all agree that the club is being run badly, but it's nonsense to suggest that having the right manager in place isn't crucial. People were talking about the "important issue" last season when things on the pitch were going badly, but Shez came along and proved that the right manager can make a difference. Given that this division has a lot of rubbish teams, even if a half-decent manager came in now we'd have a chance of staying up.

Robinson's no sacrificial lamb - as nice a guy as he is, his tactics have been dire in most matches. If these elusive new owners came in and were willing to plough money into the club, they'd be daft, I'm sorry to say, to give Robinson a penny of it.

I didn't suggest at any point that having the right manager was not crucial...

But... The reality is even the best manager in the world isn't going to do much without the right resources...

Even Sheridan would of struggled this year...

Edited by oafc0000

I didn't suggest at any point that having the right manager was not crucial...

But... The reality is even the best manager in the world isn't going to do much without the right resources...

How would you know without seeing the team play?

Guest nonaenever

Correct, correct, correct - and just to emphasis it - correct.

Some people supporting the manager seem to be doing so simply because they hate the Chairman. That is misplaced loyalty - you might well hate the Chairman but the evidence is overwhelmingly clear in my view - this is possibly the worst manager we have ever had. Just been talking to a lad this afternoon I haven't seen for a while - says he is not going to Latics again as long as Robbo is in charge - says he has never been so bored as he has watching Latics this season. There may be underlying issues that need resolving in the longer term - but keeping this manager will simply result in our relegation - that will be catastrophic and will rapidly lead to an even worse downward spiral.

I can't believe the man is still here - got to be the case that they are finalising a deal with a new man and waiting until the ink is signed on paper, so they don't repeat the mistakes of the past. That's all I can think of.

Despite the fact that he would have released a proper retained list and offered contracts to some of last seasons squad?

I don't like Robbo, but he had to start late with nothing. Shez would have retained some players and added players over the course of the summer. He wouldn't have struggled this much at all.

Despite the fact that he would have released a proper retained list and offered contracts to some of last seasons squad?

I don't like Robbo, but he had to start late with nothing. Shez would have retained some players and added players over the course of the summer. He wouldn't have struggled this much at all.

I think most of them had gone before Sheridan left. Presumably he had adequate replacements lined up,or was that part of the problem causing him to leave?

David flitcroft been at last four games I've heard

I can't stand the bloke but didn't realise he'd had a half decent managerial career so far....

After retiring as a player, Flitcroft joined the coaching staff at Rochdale.[6] On 1 June 2011, Flitcroft was appointed assistant manager at Barnsley after following manager Keith Hill to Oakwell.[7] He was made caretaker manager of Barnsley after Hill was sacked during the 2012–13 season.[6] After two wins in three games as caretaker manager,[6] Flitcroft was appointed to the position.[8] Flitcroft guided the Club to Championship safety on the final game of the 2012/2013 season, following an impressive set of results in 2013 and a 2–2 away draw at Huddersfield Town. He signed a rolling contract on 9 May 2013 to keep him at the club, alongside assistants Martin Scott and Micky Mellon. On 30 November 2013 Flitcroft was sacked by Barnsley after a 3–0 home defeat by Birmingham City.[9]

Flitcroft was officially announced as the manager of Bury on 9 December 2013.[10] Flitcroft took the club from the face of relegation to a 12th-place finish in the top half of the table including a 1-4 win at Mansfield Town and a 4-0 win against Plymouth Argyle. Flitcroft continued his career at Bury the season after, having a good start for the shakers, even nearly beating rivals Bolton Wanderers at the Macron Stadium. After a bumper season, Flitcroft eventually led Bury to Promotion back to League One on the final day of the season with a 1-0 win over Tranmere Rovers. On 16 November 2016, Flitcroft was sacked after a run of 11 games without a win.[11]

Talk is cheap so I voted with my feet and removed my hard earned pennies from his pockets... I knew continue support was pointless six years ago. Some of you still have your head in the ground.

What have you been doing about it other than attacking people pointing out reality ?

Who have I abused? Its you attacking the messengers from where I am stood...

There's nothing much I or anyone else can do really, they will sell when they find someone daft enough to take it off their hands.

Pointing out how :censored: it is futile, we all know it is.

Robinsons boring football is the worst since Penney and we will go down with a whimper than a fight.No matter what happens now I feel it is too late.

They are getting to be a joke at h ome and I leave the ground now feeling it is normal to loose .I have lost faith in this manager and most of the team but will still watch them out of habit rather than entertainment.Used to look forwards to seeing them play but now its becoming a chore.

I can't stand the bloke but didn't realise he'd had a half decent managerial career so far....

After retiring as a player, Flitcroft joined the coaching staff at Rochdale.[6] On 1 June 2011, Flitcroft was appointed assistant manager at Barnsley after following manager Keith Hill to Oakwell.[7] He was made caretaker manager of Barnsley after Hill was sacked during the 2012–13 season.[6] After two wins in three games as caretaker manager,[6] Flitcroft was appointed to the position.[8] Flitcroft guided the Club to Championship safety on the final game of the 2012/2013 season, following an impressive set of results in 2013 and a 2–2 away draw at Huddersfield Town. He signed a rolling contract on 9 May 2013 to keep him at the club, alongside assistants Martin Scott and Micky Mellon. On 30 November 2013 Flitcroft was sacked by Barnsley after a 3–0 home defeat by Birmingham City.[9]

Flitcroft was officially announced as the manager of Bury on 9 December 2013.[10] Flitcroft took the club from the face of relegation to a 12th-place finish in the top half of the table including a 1-4 win at Mansfield Town and a 4-0 win against Plymouth Argyle. Flitcroft continued his career at Bury the season after, having a good start for the shakers, even nearly beating rivals Bolton Wanderers at the Macron Stadium. After a bumper season, Flitcroft eventually led Bury to Promotion back to League One on the final day of the season with a 1-0 win over Tranmere Rovers. On 16 November 2016, Flitcroft was sacked after a run of 11 games without a win.[11]

There's one reservation, he had decent players at Barnsley and Bury, but still got sacked, he won't have decent players here.

Guest nonaenever

I remember a thread on here about this season's squad versus last season's - and a lot were saying this one was better. Some were also waxing lyrical about the exciting potential of Erwin, Mckay, Flynn etc. - and at that time I probably agreed.

What has happened since then - and I am at a loss as to how people can't see this - is that the genuine early potential of several players has evaporated. Now, if it was there - and we mostly agreed it generally was - what has been the main influencing factor on those players and their level of performance? Is it the Chairman? Is it the fans? Is it the tea lady? No, clearly not - it's been the manager and his assistants. Every single player, bar Ripley and Clarke, has regressed as time has gone by under the influence of the management team. They do not know what they are doing.

Robbo has one mantra - work ethic - I`m sick of hearing it (see his latest official update on Latics' website) - it is not winning us any football matches. If ever there has been a management team capable of "coaching out" talent - we have found the dream team.

Perhaps this single minded "work ethic" mantra (summed up perfectly in his pathetic "be the best team out of possession" poster) also explains why we look utterly knackered after 75 mins of every game.

Half of this years problem is Sheridan did do the retained list about a week or so before he left. Released players that would have done a job, then took Forte with him.