Oxford

Guest nonaenever

After Monday, simply can't be arsed going. Regarding Winchester's shocking pass against Lincoln, I`d had a few pints (7!) before the game so I might not have been seeing properly but, from memory, I think he was trying to "bend" the ball with the outside of his foot "around" their player. Would have looked sublime if it had come off but I think he caught it wrong - and ended up looking a complete prat. Not excusing him, of course, just the observations of a half-cut fan - who had about 7 double vodkas to drown his sorrows in the hotel after the game too.

As to who should be dropped at Oxford, in my opinion, Reckord, Burgess, Erwin, Ladapo, Green.

In fact, I wouldn't play Green ever again - he's lost it completely - slow and laborious - no idea why, perhaps he's now just "over the hill" after his injury but he's an absolute liability.

Give Osei 90 mins - how bad do the other strikers have to be before he gets a run?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After Monday, simply can't be arsed going. Regarding Winchester's shocking pass against Lincoln, I`d had a few pints (7!) before the game so I might not have been seeing properly but, from memory, I think he was trying to "bend" the ball with the outside of his foot "around" their player. Would have looked sublime if it had come off but I think he caught it wrong - and ended up looking a complete prat. Not excusing him, of course, just the observations of a half-cut fan - who had about 7 double vodkas to drown his sorrows in the hotel after the game too.

As to who should be dropped at Oxford, in my opinion, Reckord, Burgess, Erwin, Ladapo, Green.

In fact, I wouldn't play Green ever again - he's lost it completely - slow and laborious - no idea why, perhaps he's now just "over the hill" after his injury but he's an absolute liability.

Give Osei 90 mins - how bad do the other strikers have to be before he gets a run?

Wouldn't surprise me if 16yo Arthur got a call up soon.

It really isn't rocket science to work out we need to play 4-2-3-1. It produced our most threatening performance of the season, Wigan at home and we wouldn't of lost on Monday night. It's as simple as that.

Mckay can be the lone man for me. Busy and intelligent player. Open net misses aside.

He 100% means Banks when he alledges hiding.

Winch and Dummigan did not hide atall, I would play them both.

Erwin second half when moved central also got involved. But lots of extra people hate him now because he wanted to keep his wrists warm.

McKay can start for Ladapo.

Is that your 100% interpretation or his actual 100% interpretation of Banks hiding? My guess is yours.

Edited by mikejh45

Erwin second half when moved central also got involved. But lots of extra people hate him now because he wanted to keep his wrists warm.

Totally agree with what you say and would select the same players but isn't Banks on a two year deal? If so its a bold shout if he is referring to him, which I tend to agree he is.

It is 100% just my interpretation, based on the third Lincoln goal and how often he touched the ball.

A very frustrating player indeed.

I'm thinking now my man Burgess won't get that loan extension talked SR about, very disappointed in his display, really needs to toughen up and use his height better, which may well happen in a couple of years time with another club.

It really isn't rocket science to work out we need to play 4-2-3-1. It produced our most threatening performance of the season, Wigan at home and we wouldn't of lost on Monday night. It's as simple as that.

Mckay can be the lone man for me. Busy and intelligent player. Open net misses aside.

That's how I see it. Least round pegs into square holes and still leaves some room to switch around. Surprised to say it but Crofty might even be worth a throw somewhere in the middle of that

Am I missing something here? Robinson knows Banks is not a tackler so he can hardly be accused of going missing....he is there to be what we laughingly call a 'playmaker', again a job he didn't hide from...it's just that he's not very good at it!!!

I think for Saturday, if he starts with a midfield 4, it should be McLaughlin, Fane, Croft and Flynn. I also think he'll play Erwin behind McKay but I would like to see Osei given a start at nr.10.

Oh, and give Winchester the job as bib monitor.

Edited by mikejh45

Am I missing something here? Robinson knows Banks is not a tackler so he can hardly be accused of going missing....he is there to be what we laughingly call a 'playmaker', again a job he didn't hide from...it's just that he's not very good at it!!!

I think for Saturday, if he starts with a midfield 4, it should be McLaughlin, Fane, Croft and Flynn. I also think he'll play Erwin behind McKay but I would like to see Osei given a start at nr.10.

Oh, and give Winchester the job as bib monitor.

He's rubbish, simple. I just can't work out out what he offers, apart from the very occasional long range shot.

What makes it worse is that he's lazy and half hearted. :censored:s out of too many challenges. Shouldn't be near the team IMO.

He's rubbish, simple. I just can't work out out what he offers, apart from the very occasional long range shot.

What makes it worse is that he's lazy and half hearted. :censored:s out of too many challenges. Shouldn't be near the team IMO.

Now I can't disagree with any of that but I was trying to argue the point that I don't think it's Banks who Robinson referred to as hiding.

Ripley

Dummigan

Clarke

Burgess

Dunne

Mclaughlin

Flynn

Fane

Banks

Erwin

Mckay

We might as well play Mckay as he's the hardest working of the lot. Erwin as a winger might do okay. Fane and Banks because Green can't get into form. Dunne because he's not Reckord and I don't know if Wilson could play left back.

Ripley

Dummigan

Clarke

Burgess

Dunne

Mclaughlin

Flynn

Fane

Banks

Erwin

Mckay

We might as well play Mckay as he's the hardest working of the lot. Erwin as a winger might do okay. Fane and Banks because Green can't get into form. Dunne because he's not Reckord and I don't know if Wilson could play left back.

Wilson can play left back, as long as they haven't a flying winger

We'll still take around 500 fans to Oxford on Saturday which is remarkable really when you think about how :censored: the actual product is. You wouldn't get salmonella from a restaurant for 20 years running and still continue to eat there, we're just all mental and I'm drunk

Maybe after twenty years of salmonella some of us have built up a natural immunity...

Is that the Banks that was left on for the full game and the Winchester subbed after 55 minutes?

100% you say...

We'll still take around 500 fans to Oxford on Saturday which is remarkable really when you think about how :censored: the actual product is. You wouldn't get salmonella from a restaurant for 20 years running and still continue to eat there, we're just all mental and I'm drunk

New ground for many.

Ripley

Dummigan

Clarke

Burgess

Wilson (if fit)

McLaughlin

Fane

Flynn (if fit)

Croft

Jahraldo Martin (if fit - novel idea - a left footed player on the left wing)

McKay

An attacking 4-5-1. Croft and Flynn between them would keep the ball and create from the centre of the field. Fane can do the dirty work. McLaughlin and CJM stay wide and get their boots white

I'd imagine Josh Law might be in somewhere from what SR said about players he knows what he'll get from, any mistakes will be honest mistakes.

Could Dummigan be one of those he'll drop? Or Law in midfield?

Ripley

Dummigan

Clarke

Burgess

Dunne

Mclaughlin

Croft

Fane

Banks or Law (but he'll play Green who was as bad as anyone but Reckord)

Flynn

Mckay

Croft has to start but Mclaughlin did alright effort wise on the right albeit with little end product. I'd play him central or behind Mckay

Edited by HarryBosch

I'd imagine Josh Law might be in somewhere from what SR said about players he knows what he'll get from, any mistakes will be honest mistakes.

Could Dummigan be one of those he'll drop? Or Law in midfield?

Ripley

Dummigan

Clarke

Burgess

Dunne

Mclaughlin

Croft

Fane

Banks or Law (but he'll play Green who was as bad as anyone but Reckord)

Flynn

Mckay

I like that but I'd have Wilson over Burgess