Oxford

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes after being booked, Fane lunged in to another tackle but thankfully missed and I turned to my mate and said, bet he gets sent off before the game's out.

Having said that, I found Lee Erwin's effort to be a centre forward even worse. The man cannot jump, head, run or hold a man off. He's pathetic. We desperately need a Curtis Main / Aaron Holloway to hold the ball up.

I think there might be 4 teams as bad / hopefully worse than us.... but without anyone up front to give the back 4 a breather, we've got no chance.

It worry's me that Robbo seems to think k this was a good performance.

Now considering the :censored:e that was on display on Monday it's a point that we would have all taken at 3pm.

However nobidy expected anything more, we all knew we wouldn't win & going to places like Oxford with that sort of belief tells you everything about our current situation.

I said the other day Im willing to give Robbo to the end of the season but I can't get rid of the doubts. We are still within reach of other clubs above relegation. God knows how but imo that's how it's going to stay all season with this fella in charge. Almost but not quite, very dull until it's too late. Changes have to be made to bring a modicum of positivity back.

We are going down with a whimper...

It worry's me that Robbo seems to think k this was a good performance.

Now considering the :censored:e that was on display on Monday it's a point that we would have all taken at 3pm.

However nobidy expected anything more, we all knew we wouldn't win & going to places like Oxford with that sort of belief tells you everything about our current situation.

I said the other day Im willing to give Robbo to the end of the season but I can't get rid of the doubts. We are still within reach of other clubs above relegation. God knows how but imo that's how it's going to stay all season with this fella in charge. Almost but not quite, very dull until it's too late. Changes have to be made to bring a modicum of positivity back.

We are going down with a whimper...

I've never awaited a transfer window so much, we just have to hope SR gets it right with his dealings.

3 shots to their 23 tells the story,

From Oxford forum.......

Quote ..... Oldham were truly dismal and they burgled that point. Of all the teams I have seen this season, they look like the best candidates for relegation.

Read more: http://yellowsforum.co.uk/thread/24853/oufc-oldham-athletic-match-thread?page=7#ixzz4ST3gCOmg

3 shots to their 23 tells the story,

From Oxford forum.......

Quote ..... Oldham were truly dismal and they burgled that point. Of all the teams I have seen this season, they look like the best candidates for relegation.

Read more: http://yellowsforum.co.uk/thread/24853/oufc-oldham-athletic-match-thread?page=7#ixzz4ST3gCOmg

Quoting opposing forums for an unbiased opinion in a situation like this is stupid frankly. Taking it as gospel is even more stupid. Bitterness is bound to be there when they can't beat a team bottom of the league playing with 10. Sounded to me like they were the thugs and had the help of the ref. Suck it up you southern softies.

Oh... and the number of shots tells you nothing in isolation. Look at Monday nights stats.

Edited by kowenicki

I've never awaited a transfer window so much, we just have to hope SR gets it right with his dealings.

As with Dunn last season, do you give a manager the chance to make more signings (assuming our embargo is lifted in time) when he isn't getting the best out off any off his current players?

As with Dunn last season, do you give a manager the chance to make more signings (assuming our embargo is lifted in time) when he isn't getting the best out off any off his current players?ad the oppor

Yes, with so little time at the start of the season he's had to gamble on some of these, whereas hes had the opportunity since to asses who to sign in January.

SC needs to back him as he did with Shez last season.

Yes, with so little time at the start of the season he's had to gamble on some of these, whereas hes had the opportunity since to asses who to sign in January.

Dunn had the same opportunity to assess for January when he had a squad of players (bar the loanees he brought in) that wasn't his.

As you say Robinson has had to gamble on quite a few of them but he hasn't been able the get the best out of any of them. Clarke is doing what he has done for the last 10 years and I doubt Robinson works much with Ripley who will be working with Nash alot.

Out of the rest, Flynn has had some good games but quite alot of the time he has been anonymous. We know he was hit and miss based on Sheff Utd fans reviews but considering he was a consistent starter in there team for the best part of 5 years I'd say there is alot more to come from him. The only other you could argue is McLaughlin who has put in some decent displays but nothing spectacular and I'd say there is alot more to come from him aswell.

And thats about it. Two of them that he will hardly have to do anything with and two who have put in some decent displays but nowhere near what they are capable off.

Then there is the crap football on offer, lack of goals, negative tactics and the team having actually regressed since the start of the season.

Its not enough and it needs to improve quick if he wants to make changes in January.

Edited by RobOAFC

Just back.Did well to hold on for a point after Fane was sent off.Pity we could not get that second goal before half time

At least there was more effort but still some poor stuff as well eg Banks taking a free kick when no one was ready.Erwin again does not impress me but a better show from Burgess at long last.

Ripley saved us yet again with another brill game.

Great away support of about 500 considering the rubbish being played.

Hope we can get a win on Saturday.

Not really. They will get the money eventually. Why would you want to watch more crap 3rd division football and gave your money to your rivals when you already watch the same crap teams as an Oldham fan?

Because I can?

It was not crap 3rd division football actually and it certainly led me to wonder whether the crap 3rd division football I have been watching is because one of the teams involved is my beloved Oldham Athletic

There's nowt wrong with watching another team when we're away but was that really your reason for going?

Well I had a pie as well.......of course it was the reason. I live 15 minute drive away and it was top v 5th and it was good value for £16.....I hope Latics v Southend is half as good

Quoting opposing forums for an unbiased opinion in a situation like this is stupid frankly. Taking it as gospel is even more stupid. Bitterness is bound to be there when they can't beat a team bottom of the league playing with 10. Sounded to me like they were the thugs and had the help of the ref. Suck it up you southern softies.

Oh... and the number of shots tells you nothing in isolation. Look at Monday nights stats.

Whatever.....but 3 shots on goal in an hour'n'half is not what I would be happy with..

I went today and maybe the worst thing about the game was that Oxford were utter garbage, yet we were still hanging on for a point at the end - tells you all you need to know about this Oldham team. I've been watching us since my first game in 1965 aged 7 (QPR at home, won 5-3) and this is comfortably the worst Latics team I've seen, by a country mile. Barring a miracle in the transfer window and/or a change of manager we are relegation certainties.

Otherwise, the referee was a disgrace (I thought raising your hands to an opponent not to mention shoving him to the ground was a red card?); Fane should have been subbed after his first yellow (he contributed little, and was a red card waiting to happen from that point on); the midfield is hopelessly weak/ineffective; Erwin is on a par with Ladapo in terms of lack of ability. Our time wasting was also extremely blatant and embarrassing.

Agree about Erwin.For his size he should be able to keep possession and hold the ball.He fails badly and we need to get rid along with all the other rubbish.

Today 500 of us made a long trip and we're lucky to come away with a point.

The ref was awful but not for the first time this season.

Best performance was Ripley yet again.

I did not get a good view of that since down at the other end.Could just make out Burgess scored.Not seen the TV version yet.Thought Fane added bite but got succoured by their diving.Still prefer him to the rest of the lightweights in midfield but he needs to learn fast.Second time now and not learnt his lesson.

I'd take anyone right now (except those three from last year!) Robbo's tactics are a recipe for delegation. That was one of the most inept, insipid displays I've seen in my 26 years following. Can't take a single positive from an outfield player / the style of play. Boro have one hell of a prospect in Connor and we'd been adrift at the foot without him this season. The lack of ability or willingness to entertain or even hold onto the ball for three passes or more is simply disgraceful. Banks & Green are passengers game in, game out and for all his flaws (and he isn't the saviour) Winny would improve this side comfortably but we've seen the last of the boy I feel. Robbo will praise the 'character' the lads showed and label it a fantastic point but I have never felt less affinity for a side wearing the blue shirt in all these years. Corney might been the root of all these problems but right now there is only one man sending average players out to defend from the outset against poor opposition week in week out. It's time I'm afraid that Robbo went. It fear we'd be cut adrift before Corney finds the funds/sees sense. Very worried.

This sums it up perfectly for me. Our inability to keep hold of the ball, our inability to do the basics was embarrassing yet again. Ripley made at least five saves that prevented certain goals. Oxford were a poor side on the day but comfortably better than us. A good point at the end of the day but I too am worried.

Part of me wants to give him that oppprtunity after he was thrown in the deep end in pre season.... But... This is the guy who hung about for weeks waiting for freddy ladapo..