Oxford

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any point is decent but we need wins or there is the chance of us being cut off from the rest.

However for the third time this season we have had a player sent off for two yellow cards and the fans have called it all three times yet it appears the management can't see it.

Sheridan would be welcomed back with open arms for me but with shirtliff as number 2. Stats say everything we need to know again though. 3 shots only 1 of those on target. Not only says midfielders are not good enough in supply and strikers are also not up to it.

Sheridan would be welcomed back with open arms for me but with shirtliff as number 2. Stats say everything we need to know again though. 3 shots only 1 of those on target. Not only says midfielders are not good enough in supply and strikers are also not up to it.

If you give mckay the ball in the right place he will score goals... Our issue is style of play and the playere behind the striker. Would make no difference who we stuck up top at the moment.

To be honest within the context of the debacle that was Monday night, grinding out a point today by any means necessary is a decent result.

I cannot remember the last time my expectations were so low for us. Not even at the lowest point last season.

Agreed that expectations are low, but thankfully we are not cut adrift at the bottom and a couple of good signings in January could change the season round. We need another decent midfield player who can deliver going forward and a striker that leads the line and can score more regularly than the current line up. KTF.

Billy McKay went off injured after being punched in the head.

Their player stays on for pushing a man down off the ball.

Fane commits three fouls and gets two yellows.

Ref was a :censored:wit.

Ripley's saves kept us in it.

Careful, the referee is only doing his job apparently, that entitles him to be a :censored:wit, or :censored: at it, or any other demeaning term.

Highlights

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/10691348/oxford-1-1-oldham

I'll give Burgess the benefit of the doubt.

A little more sympathetic to Fane on his second booking. Their lad has rolled dramatically for a gentle trip. Still gave the ref a decision to make though.

Not in a month of Sundays. Left the club at the worst possible time.

Funny how some players leave to further their careers and are never forgiven by fans. This fella left for a lower league club with little or no prospect of a big money injection yet still people hold him in some kind of reverance.

No doubt when he is fired by Notts County for being an abject failure there will be an avalanche of posts wanting him back.

No Thanks. Move on!!!

Highlights

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/10691348/oxford-1-1-oldham

A little more sympathetic to Fane on his second booking. Their lad has rolled dramatically for a gentle trip. Still gave the ref a decision to make though.

I think he was a little bit unlucky with his first yellow. I've not seen the highlights but he made it easy for the ref from what I could see at the game with. I'm disappointed Oxford didn't win to be honest, we had the chances to win but some poor finishing and a couple of decent saves from Ripley who could well be in trouble if he was seen with the gesture he made at the end towards the Oxford fans.

All in all it was a decent game and had a little bit of everything in it.

Good luck for the rest of the season though

Highlights

Don,t forget there has to be TWO men between him and the goal. Keeper well in front of him...looks off to me ...but who cares

I'd take anyone right now (except those three from last year!) Robbo's tactics are a recipe for delegation. That was one of the most inept, insipid displays I've seen in my 26 years following. Can't take a single positive from an outfield player / the style of play. Boro have one hell of a prospect in Connor and we'd been adrift at the foot without him this season. The lack of ability or willingness to entertain or even hold onto the ball for three passes or more is simply disgraceful. Banks & Green are passengers game in, game out and for all his flaws (and he isn't the saviour) Winny would improve this side comfortably but we've seen the last of the boy I feel. Robbo will praise the 'character' the lads showed and label it a fantastic point but I have never felt less affinity for a side wearing the blue shirt in all these years. Corney might been the root of all these problems but right now there is only one man sending average players out to defend from the outset against poor opposition week in week out. It's time I'm afraid that Robbo went. It fear we'd be cut adrift before Corney finds the funds/sees sense. Very worried.

Edited by eyres_28

A view from the Oxford forum:

"Thank god we don't have to watch those oldham bruiseball spoilers evey week. Talk about gamesmanship! They were truly awful and we really should be talking about how we failed to roll them over. For the first time this season i have seen a side who deserve relegation. A total disgrace!"

The rest of them aren't too complimentary either:

http://yellowsforum.co.uk/thread/24853/oufc-oldham-athletic-match-thread?page=7

:censored: it, at this point in time I'm not fussed about how we get our points.