The January Window

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Craig Davies and Holloway is correct, then SC looks like he has had to get his cheque book out AGAIN. I don't get why he has to wait for the inevitable instead of doing it at the beginning of the season. We have lost valuable support, not only from true supporters, but stay aways as well. I thought he was a business man, and should therefore know you have to speculate to accumulate.

You're the first person to mention Craig Davies that I've seen.

If we've not been paying teams for their loan players what's the likelihood Wigan will give us another?

He's scored 1 in 38. Makes McKay look like Suarez.

You're the first person to mention Craig Davies that I've seen.

If we've not been paying teams for their loan players what's the likelihood Wigan will give us another?

He's scored 1 in 38. Makes McKay look like Suarez.

Look at Davies's actual stats rather than lazy made up figures. 8 starts for Wigan 3 goals. 32 appearances off the bench. 12 starts for Preston, 5 goals, 3 appearances off the bench. He has pedigree in England McKay doesn't.

Look at Davies's actual stats rather than lazy made up figures. 8 starts for Wigan 3 goals. 32 appearances off the bench. 12 starts for Preston, 5 goals, 3 appearances off the bench. He has pedigree in England McKay doesn't.

Suppose so.

I'd imagine we'll be taking on all of Holloway's wages - doubt Fleetwood would loan him otherwise (:censored: me, we're loaning players from Fleetwood...) and Davies won't be on peanuts either, and seeing as he's been getting on, we'd also be paying them a bit. The more I think about it, the less I can imagine Wigan would loan us two strikers at the same time.

Hope we have enough left for a midfielder...

Embargo still not lifted according to Robbo with Holloway and Gerrard poised to sign.

I hope they're not nicked from under our noses....why is it that everything done at this club is always at the last minute?

If we've stayed under an embargo for whatever reason all this time why would SC do what needs to be done to lift it before he needs to?

Embargo still not lifted according to Robbo with Holloway and Gerrard poised to sign.

I hope they're not nicked from under our noses....why is it that everything done at this club is always at the last minute?

What is the usual timescale for an embargo to be lifted? What is the process?

If we've stayed under an embargo for whatever reason all this time why would SC do what needs to be done to lift it before he needs to?

Because we are now in an open transfer window...if we leave it until the last minute as per usual we'll end up searching the bottom of the barrel ending up with teams unwanted cast offs like at the beginning of the season!

I spoke briefly yesterday to someone connected with another League 1 club. He said he believed that the club's embargo has been lifted but the club hasn't lifted the embargo on Robinson.

I didn't get a chance to ask exactly what he meant by that e.g. Has Corney decided he will sign players himself or is Robinson on his way out so not being allowed to sign players ?

Might be waiting on the Sheff Utd ticket money to come through to pay out our ticket money. Id grass em up if they havent paid us yet

sorry if i'm being thick but I don't follow. Why would they owe us money for their home game? Isn't it more money we'd owe for tickets we sold to our fans for their game?

Because we are now in an open transfer window...if we leave it until the last minute as per usual we'll end up searching the bottom of the barrel ending up with teams unwanted cast offs like at the beginning of the season!

And yet there will be more deals done in the last few days than the rest of the month put together, barrel scrapers the lot of them.

I spoke briefly yesterday to someone connected with another League 1 club. He said he believed that the club's embargo has been lifted but the club hasn't lifted the embargo on Robinson.

I didn't get a chance to ask exactly what he meant by that e.g. Has Corney decided he will sign players himself or is Robinson on his way out so not being allowed to sign players ?

That's the kind of spicy gossip we like.

Given that both Holloway and Gerrard look like Corney-influenced signings, I can't imagine an embargo on Robinson is the reason we haven't brought in anybody so far

Agreed, they do both look like Corney signings. In which case he probably wouldn't want them to sign until the day before the next game to save himself a few extra quid. I seem to remember the first anybody knew about Gerrard signing last year was when he boarded the coach to Shrewsbury.

Agreed, they do both look like Corney signings. In which case he probably wouldn't want them to sign until the day before the next game to save himself a few extra quid. I seem to remember the first anybody knew about Gerrard signing last year was when he boarded the coach to Shrewsbury.

To be fair, he was returning to a club he'd just left, think we wanted to keep it quiet. I'd imagine their manager would know Gerrards weaknesses, traits etc. It worked a treat too.

To be fair, he was returning to a club he 000 e'd just left, think we wanted to keep it quiet. I'd imagine their manager would know Gerrards weaknesses, traits etc. It worked a treat too.

It could be the same tactics again too.

He's been training with us for ages so will slot in, injury aside

Suppose so.

I'd imagine we'll be taking on all of Holloway's wages - doubt Fleetwood would loan him otherwise (:censored: me, we're loaning players from Fleetwood...) and Davies won't be on peanuts either, and seeing as he's been getting on, we'd also be paying them a bit. The more I think about it, the less I can imagine Wigan would loan us two strikers at the same time.

Hope we have enough left for a midfielder...

IF we signed either, we won't be paying their full wages. I believe Holloway got a very decent deal from Fleetwood.

5 January

Jake Forster-Caskey [brighton - Charlton] Undisclosed

Gavin Gunning [Greenock Morton - Grimsby] Free

Sam Johnstone [Manchester United - Aston Villa] Loan

Freddie Ladapo [Crystal Palace - Shrewsbury] Loan

Ademola Lookman [Charlton - Everton] £11m

Alex Rodman [Notts County - Shrewsbury] Undisclosed

Kris Twardek [Millwall - Braintree] Loan

4 January

Sid Nelson [Millwall - Newport] Loan

Alex Reid [Rushall - Fleetwood] Undisclosed