The January Window

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forward Ryan Colclough has returned to Wigan after being recalled from his loan spell with MK Dons. (Sign him up now SC)

Macclesfield Town have announced that winger Jack Mackreth has signed for EFL League One side Bury for an undisclosed fee.

Shrewsbury have signed Hartlepool defender Aristote Nsiala for an undisclosed fee.

Coventry City have announced three signings on the first day of the January transfer window.

Defender Nathan Clarke joins from Bradford until the end of the season, midfielder Callum Reilly joins on loan from Burton Albion and striker Stuart Beavon has signed a permanent deal with the club.

Edited by BP1960

Holloway can hold the ball up well but not a prolific goal scorer. Might be useful if he can perform like he did last season.

Plays with urgency, has a goal in him if you give him a chance, will create for others and is a focal point for a team.

McKay will have no excuses if we bring in Holloway.

Anyway, do you expect us to be signing prolific strikers in our position? He's about as good as we're gonna get.

If Holloway does come in it has to be an improvement, he showed last season that he can win the ball and hold it up, players like McKay, Flynn and Winchester will benefit and could bring out the best in them.

He's a better Erwin and Ladapo. The former is a decent footballer but doesn't have the physicality required, the latter has the physicality required but isn't a good enough footballer.

Holloway is a good footballer and uses his strength effectively.

If we can get him in then all focus needs to go into a midfield ball-player with more urgency and drive than Banks.

If this is true I'll be :censored:ing delirious

No guarantees he can repeat the achievements of his last spell here. He can't get into the Fleetwood side so doesn't sound like he's pulling up any trees does it?

If he can hit the ground running he'd be a great signing but he is injury prone and could end up spending more time in the treatment room than on the pitch.

This could be another ' Corney ' signing couldn't it?

If it is Holloway I think we will need another more

' experienced ' striker to come in as well.

Nope, not heard anything from the club since about 1937 apart from the usual "we need your support" come and give us some more of your hard earned we do nothing to deserve drivel. What have you heard?

Exactly communication from the club is appalling only things that makes sense with the silence is Robinson will be sacked after the game regardless of the result.

No guarantees he can repeat the achievements of his last spell here. He can't get into the Fleetwood side so doesn't sound like he's pulling up any trees does it?

If he can't repeat his achievement of 3 goals, 2 in a one game which we lost then we are in trouble.

I thought he only scored the 2 v Rochdale in ten appearances but I could be wrong.

No you're right I've made up a goal!

I wonder if we are the only club who are linked 95% of the time to average ex players while remembering them better than they actually are.

If he can hit the ground running he'd be a great signing but he is injury prone and could end up spending more time in the treatment room than on the pitch.

This could be another ' Corney ' signing couldn't it?

If it is Holloway I think we will need another more

' experienced ' striker to come in as well.

He wasn't signed by the present manager and he struggled with injury. I'd imagine that's why he isn't playing for them.

Quality-wise, he's a class above our lot, and will make teams more likely to score, even if he isn't prolific himself.

Any news yet on whether the game is on today? My wife bought us 2 tickets plus lunch in the OEC beforehand - I must have upset her! (though lunch at least should be good).

Coming up from Worcs so just wondered if there's a risk of postponement.

Nothing from the club as usual but it's still frosty. Any other team in England and i would say the game will be on but we are Oldham. I know that doesn't really help. I'd say it's simular conditions to when the Peterborough game was called off but we were the only game in the whole of the football league to be called off that day.