The January Window

Changed my mind. First priority is a centre mid.

A centre mid with forwards purpose, who can control a game. Might get Flynn, McLaughlin, Banks, Winchester playing, and then we just have to hope one of the strikers starts firing. Most of our money on that, please. If we let go of our ball-players, that'll be curtains.

Now time to get rid of that embargo.

When is Jose allowed to get involved again?

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen bevons record? Wouldn't call that a good signing. As they have just sold their main striker to burton!

At this stage in the season unless you're gonna go out and poach players - I'd like us to go out and get a non league form player - he's the sort of realistic, decent target you'll get

At this stage in the season unless you're gonna go out and poach players - I'd like us to go out and get a non league form player - he's the sort of realistic, decent target you'll get

Thought the centre forward Hyde have just signed Matthew Beadle looked decent. 37 goals last season and in double figures already.

Plenty in non league would do a job for us question is would they want to play for us. Do we still scout non league? If so who would be the person to recommend a player too.

I was speaking to a FL scout the other day about some non league prospects and he told me Latics couldn't afford the wages they are currently on.

Edited by BP1960

Fane and Osei haven't overly impressed me.

Let's not assume non league players will save us.

I say non league because we could do with form players who can bring momentum, but the only place we'll be able to afford is non league.

As for ours, Osei hasn't had much chance, but he was never here to come as a starter, and Fane is incredibly raw

Fane and Osei haven't overly impressed me.

I thought Osei's endeavour was decent yesterday & he at least was working their defence - thought he offered more than McKay at least*. Clearly some of his control needs improving if he's to develop into a real threat.

* I appreciate that I'm comparing a poke in the eye with a punch in the nuts here.

I apologise if I'm a bit behind here, are we still under the embargo?

Well knowone has mentioned that we are out of it so I assume not.

Bolton are also under transfer embargo but can bring in loan players so even if we are under embargo we may still be able to bring loan players in.

I thought Osei's endeavour was decent yesterday & he at least was working their defence - thought he offered more than McKay at least*. Clearly some of his control needs improving if he's to develop into a real threat.

* I appreciate that I'm comparing a poke in the eye with a punch in the nuts here.

I wouldn't criticise either player for their endeavour when selected.