The January Window

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nonaenever

It's a funny old game ain't it? I thought Craig Davies was a belter when he was here but I do recall many fans being very anti - not on here - I wasn't on here then - just generally around BP

Thats the issue players less likely to want to join a club in our position and Davies wont be any different. Those that will either very desperate Gerrard or some flaw ie injury concerns. Holloway. Like both but cant see a Davies wanting a loan here. Hope I am surprised.

I highly doubt our position is forefront in Davies' mind. More likely Scunthorpe have a lot more money available than us, and if he's on loan they're going to be paying a higher percentage of his wages, plus parent clubs won't trust us to pay.

I highly doubt our position is forefront in Davies' mind. More likely Scunthorpe have a lot more money available than us, and if he's on loan they're going to be paying a higher percentage of his wages, plus parent clubs won't trust us to pay.

All things being equal, he wouldn't come here though, would he?

6 January

Reece Brown [sheffield United - Bury] Free

Cameron Burgess [Fulham - Bury] Loan

Lawson D'Ath [Northampton - Luton] Undisclosed

Kevin Foley [Charlton - Coventry] Free

Morgan Fox [Charlton - Sheffield Wednesday] Undisclosed

Taylor Moore [bristol City - Bury] Loan

Lewis Page [West Ham - Charlton] Undisclosed

Latics, Northampton and Port Vale reportedly interested in Ivan Toney.

Edited by BP1960

Ivan Toney.

From the Shrews board.....sounds like another Ladapo!

Very frustrating player. Won't be losing any sleep over him leaving!

He will end up somewhere other than his own club. No way will he feature in Newcastles squad , he just isn't good enough. He hasn't done the business for me , not strong enough , poor control and basically quite poor.

His balance in football boots is similar to mine in ice skates.

Different surfaces but we both spend too much time on our a*se.

Ivan Toney.

He will end up somewhere other than his own club. No way will he feature in Newcastles squad , he just isn't good enough. He hasn't done the business for me , not strong enough , poor control and basically quite poor.

And from the Northampton forum:

Given the right service I think Toney would be a great signing. Far more mobile than Rico and Revell. How people are complaining about signing him is beyond me! Doubt we would even be paying his wages, it's a drop in the ocean to Newcastle. Pair him up with a small, quick striker and they will do damage.

Edit: Toney and Hoskins could be a match made in heaven.

Always two ways of looking at things

Edited by Dave_Og

Given the right service I think Toney would be a great signing. Far more mobile than Rico and Revell. How people are complaining about signing him is beyond me! Doubt we would even be paying his wages, it's a drop in the ocean to Newcastle. Pair him up with a small, quick striker and they will do damage.

Totally agree re Toney. He was the player that I thought we should have gone for in August.

It all went wrong in four words.

Ivan Toney.