The January Window

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holloway ......featured in 10 games for us....played 90 mins just once....scored in only one game. The game in which he scored was the only game in which he played 90 mins.....we lost!

Ps he has played 131 mins of league one football since he left us

Edited by Magister

It Is what else he brings to the game. His link up play is superb. Likes a header and loves the rough and tumble. Just what we are missing. People aren't expecting him to Bag 20 a season but who's to say his assists and link up don't create that many. Good move for him and Oldham

Edited by adamoafc

Oh dear;

Tweet from Matt Chambers;

No, can't agree any new deals including loans from what I've been told.

He's answering a question about whether we can sign players on loan while under embargo. Which is obvious that we wouldn't be able to.

He's answering a question about whether we can sign players on loan while under embargo. Which is obvious that we wouldn't be able to.

Not the way I read it. I see it as we are still under embargo.

Any new deals he says.

Edited by BP1960

This Transfer Window is going to be a very public reality check as it will tell us so much about where the Club really is regarding both our ambitions and financially

Clearly with us sitting rock bottom of League One we need to improve the quality of the Team

Not the way I read it. I see it as we are still under embargo.

Ah sorry, I thought you had read as that deals lined up were now no longer possible. Yep I'd say we are still under embargo.

Lots more deafening silence from the club! Would love to know what the plan is to move forward.

So why go to the trouble in lining up a loan?

Which means in my mind ( suspect at best admittedly ) that SC will pay off what is required to get us out of the embargo.

Which means in my mind ( suspect at best admittedly ) that SC will pay off what is required to get us out of the embargo.

Hasn't SC got to the end of the month to end the transfer embargo? in which case we might not see any signings until the last day of the window.

The initial question on twitter was can we sign new loans while under embargo. The answer was no. But that's not new news. The embargo may be being lifted soon hence deals lined up.

It may well be that there's nothing to be gained by clearing the enbargo until after today's game & the few coppers generated today might go towards it.

On the other hand, there just might not be enough money to clear it & , far from being sacked, we'll actually be keeping Robinson against his will with each set of programme notes being a cry for help from the league's only hostage manager.

The initial question on twitter was can we sign new loans while under embargo. The answer was no. But that's not new news. The embargo may be being lifted soon hence deals lined up.

As I understand it the rules say we can sign players under an embargo on a one out one in basis. As long as no money paid is out and the same or less wages are involved. The professional staff will have to be reduced though in effect.

I wouldn't expect to hear anything from the Club regarding potential signings, only if we have confirmed signings

Transfer Deadline Day of the 31st January seems a long way off

Really Big Month for our Club and our Supporters

Everyone knows we need to strengthen our Team and if we don't we will be lining up in League Two next Season

Are we financially able to do so though ?

Holloway/McKay is a partnership I'd be happy to go with, McKay is crying out to have someone like an Holloway alongside him, Holloways main attribute is occupying opposition defences and freeing up space for others to exploit, it's exactly what we've been missing in the final third.

It may well be that there's nothing to be gained by clearing the enbargo until after today's game & the few coppers generated today might go towards it.

On the other hand, there just might not be enough money to clear it & , far from being sacked, we'll actually be keeping Robinson against his will with each set of programme notes being a cry for help from the league's only hostage manager.

Barry, Corney and Co stood behind him ISIS style for his next Latics Player interview?

Guest nonaenever

Just to put minds at rest, the Chairman is meeting with a player's agent before today's game. So, there are things going on behind the scenes and, no doubt, we'll hear if/when things are finalised.

Holloway/McKay is a partnership I'd be happy to go with, McKay is crying out to have someone like an Holloway alongside him, Holloways main attribute is occupying opposition defences and freeing up space for others to exploit, it's exactly what we've been missing in the final third.

Much as I do not rate any of our so called strikers if we have can't get rid of them all and can get Holloway then this little and large pairing may possIbly work. It certainly can't be any worse

Presumably if under embargo paying fees to agents might also be banned as the one out one in seems designed to ensure costs don't increase.

Any new players have to be signed before 14th and be available for the Gillingham game.

End of the month will not do as we have already lost touch, 4 points behind Bury, and the three home and one away (Shrewsbury) are all games that we should be looking to win to get us out of trouble.

So Simon it is a 'difficult' decision - spend some money or accept relegation, half measures are also pointless i.e. the half that strengthens the team but not the management and coaching staff.