Guest nonaenever

Combination of factors. We've been awful and not scoring goals. Whoever did the fixtures also dealt us a real crappy hand. By today, most people had spent up over a long festive period and also thoroughly depressed about work tomorrow. If this had been on Boxing Day, we'd probably have had about 4,000 even being as bad as we are.

Why don't they deliberately arrange the festive fixtures for all clubs? i.e. a proper local derbies on Boxing Day and New Year's Eve day (this year) - would guarantee good crowds (probably police objections I suppose).

The RRE end was the emptiest I have ever seen it for a League match today - then again, made more noise second half than I`ve heard for a while too.

The RRE end was the emptiest I have ever seen it for a League match today - then again, made more noise second half than I`ve heard for a while too.

First time in ages BP has come to life like that.

You can't beat a Come on Oldham reverberating around all three home stands.

I've missed that among the apathy of the past 10 home games.

There must be less than 20 Athleticos nowadays.

Even they are fed up and dwindling in numbers....cant blame them but glad they still come and make some noise.

Very poor crowd today but cant blame any for not bothering with all the crap they have seen.Pity they did not see a better performance today even if it was against a poor team.

Wijnhard came to the last home game. We sat with him. He was bored :censored:less constantly on his phone and couldn't believe how gutless we were. I doubt he would have come back today. He said we had no confidence and lacked physicality and couldn't believe our tallest player was taking corners. Really nice bloke though.

Combination of factors. We've been awful and not scoring goals. Whoever did the fixtures also dealt us a real crappy hand. By today, most people had spent up over a long festive period and also thoroughly depressed about work tomorrow. If this had been on Boxing Day, we'd probably have had about 4,000 even being as bad as we are.

Why don't they deliberately arrange the festive fixtures for all clubs? i.e. a proper local derbies on Boxing Day and New Year's Eve day (this year) - would guarantee good crowds (probably police objections I suppose).

Agree- Sheffield United had about a 20% increase on their average gate for their Boxing Day and NYE games, lots of other clubs probably had similar increases. Today was around our average home gate.

Sorry but the FA need to correct that next season. Anyone who had two home games on Boxing Day and NYE gets 2 away games next season.

Of the 7 bigger games where you tend to get a boost in attendances (1st Day, Last Day, Boxing Day, NYE, today, and the two Easter games), we are at home for 2.

Sheffield United are at home for 4 and Bolton at home for 5. Not exactly equitable.

Combination of factors. We've been awful and not

Sorry but am against playing actual derbies on this date. Send teams to fairly localish sides but if they had sent us to say Bolton on Boxing Day no trains ETC would of took the fun out of a potential popular away day.

Same partly With Dale & Bury oblivious some seasons in the future this may happen or one year we may play them then.

Guest nonaenever

Combination of factors. We've been awful and not

Sorry but am against playing actual derbies on this date. Send teams to fairly localish sides but if they had sent us to say Bolton on Boxing Day no trains ETC would of took the fun out of a potential popular away day.

Same partly With Dale & Bury oblivious some seasons in the future this may happen or one year we may play them then.

That's a good point Forte particularly re. Bolton but with the likes of Bury and Dale (and the fact we don't really have a convenient train station in the borough any more) the trams would be the mode of transport (and think they were running for the Boxing Day sales etc). It's the fact we had 2 away games that really narked me - at a time wehen we are desperate for income, our festive fixtures were awful - Port Vale at home - on the day when everyone is skint after a long holiday period!

Bradford at home next season on Boxing Day please Mr Fixtures man.

I make our average home league gate this season after yesterday 3,554. At the same stage last season having played 1 more home game it was 4,323 so a drop of nearly 18%. Very worrying.

Sitting in the North Stand yesterday the noise from the away fans in the Chaddy End sounded louder than other parts of the ground, which is depressing.

Must give a plug for the restaurant in OEC though - Xmas present from my wife who bought the lunch and match tickets package (and is still thawing out). The 3 course meal was absolutely superb as was the service. Expensive I know but really top quality.

I make our average home league gate this season after yesterday 3,554. At the same stage last season having played 1 more home game it was 4,323 so a drop of nearly 18%. Very worrying.

...which is what the best part of a decade of struggling at the bottom will do for you.

Coventry had only 6,646 home fans turn up for their fixture against Bolton yesterday.... they were getting near 9,000 earlier this very season and some 20-odd when they graced the top flight.

If we had an upturn in fortunes - in whatever league - for a sustained period - a season or two - we'd see a dramatic rise. If - by any chance - we had owners who coupled the assets and ran the venture with OAFC 2004 Ltd as the primary focus, one would hope we could return to 6,000+.

Dale - and I'm not having a pop, good luck to them they're doing great and do seemingly have a fabulous business model that puts the club first - only attract 2,500 home fans each week and took less than 500 to Walsall to support a team in the Play Offs yesterday. We'd have nearly 1,000 there if we were in the top 6.

In fact, us, Dale and the bucket shakers are the 21st, 22nd and 23rd worst supported teams in League One - only Fleetwood are worse - which tells you a lot about the relative catchments of Intergalactic Red Scum United and Battlelstar New Money Citeh.

That's a good point Forte particularly re. Bolton but with the likes of Bury and Dale (and the fact we don't really have a convenient train station in the borough any more) the trams would be the mode of transport (and think they were running for the Boxing Day sales etc). It's the fact we had 2 away games that really narked me - at a time wehen we are desperate for income, our festive fixtures were awful - Port Vale at home - on the day when everyone is skint after a long holiday period!

Bradford at home next season on Boxing Day please Mr Fixtures man.

There is no way that Bratford will be relegated this season