Holloway signs

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have little faith that this is the start of something great, but, it has to be said, it's a hell of a lot better than the past 8 months.

Enjoy the moment people.

And welcome Aaron Amadi-Holloway. Best low-scoring centre forward we've had in years. I think he'll make the difference.

McLaughlin was on Scouse twats books for a while aswell and he's pretty :censored:

Can't say much as I haven't seen him play very often, although he's had his spells from the sounds of it. Not many players came out looking good from Robinson's management. Reassess them under Shez, for me.

And as for Ngoo. His physical presence will surely mean he'll be a handful alone. Pace, strength and height - if you've got all three you're going to be a nightmare for most defenders.

Length of contract not mentioned...

I believe he signed a 2 year contract with Fleetwood so I imagine we have taken over his contract.

Pleased with all the signings but we need a creative player in midfield. Palmer was a massive reason we stayed up last season and we need Shez to find another golden nugget like him again.

He was only in non league to regain fitness, was a prospect at Liverpool,but sustained a bad injury at Kilmarnock (5 goals in 16 appearances) from which he's now fully recovered. Scored an hat trick recently against a strong Bury reserve team and apparently has been training well with the first team. He should start tomorrow.

We're on the wrong thread as this is about Ngoo but where did you get them stats from?

The usually reliable soccerbase is miles from those stats as is the mostly reliable Wikipedia.

Edit: he scored five in sixteen for Hearts four years ago. He played seven games for Killie, with only three starts. No goals.

Hasn't scored since April '14.

Well worth a punt if he's back to fitness though.

Edited by blueatheart

Midfielders are still nothing short of wank though!!

With the three signings yesterday, all permanent and Gerrard long-term, is there still money in the pot for a midfielder or two? Need someone on the left and someone creative in middle.

Played out of position I'd agree. He's wasted on the left, far more effective as a right winger and has shown he's got ability. Also, he wasn't ":censored:" for Barnsley.

The fact remains though, being on Liverpool's books as a kid doesn't make him a good player, as others have alluded to. Michael Clegg played for Man Utd and he was absolutely :censored:e.

The fact remains though, being on Liverpool's books as a kid doesn't make him a good player, as others have alluded to. Michael Clegg played for Man Utd and he was absolutely :censored:e.

Sometimes young players can have bad injuries which sets their careers back, I think this was the case with McLaughlin and Ngoo. Our hope is they can fully recover and do well here.

Obviously I have not seen Holloway play but I do accept what many people say in that he is a great set up guy for another striker.

I have two worries, one is we don't have that other striker to set up

two, I always judge a striker by his goals / games ratio over a period of time and Holloways record is not good.

I hope I am wrong but I am not excited by this signing at all

Of the two last season, Holloway initially impressed more than Main for me.

But when Holloway got injured and we just had Main, he then became something special at this level.

Right now I'd have taken Main in preference, and clearly Holloway hasn't impressed at the same level with Fleetwood this season, but enough talent there to be happy - hold up play should contribute more to the team goals for column than perhaps his own.