Gerrard

Anthony Gerrard ‏@antgerrard86 11h11 hours ago

I woke up this morning wid a clarity of mind I haven't had for a long time, time to push forward… https://www.instagram.com/p/BQL2C0LjNY1/

Interesting post from Gerrard

Hope he has come to peace with his status as a (very good) League 1 player on a modest wage because I would love to see him commit to the club for the next 4 years or so.

Totally needless that sending off on Saturday. Handbags with Evatt as they're walking off the pitch and he's fallen for the oldest trick in the book. Needs to learn off Clarke about being a professional and not reacting. Huge game and lucky it didn't cost us. Might still do tonight coz we need him in the side, not in the stand.

As for how Shez will line up, I reckon he'll move Wilson to CB and put Law at RB tonight.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Neds to learn off Clarke about being a professional and not reacting.

Nothing against Clarke, but he "didn't react" when he ran over and almost started a brawl when the crowd were giving our injured player some stick in front of th hoardings.

Can understand, captain standing up for his players, but wasn't a measured reaction - it was a run and then aggressive stance and approach that fuelled the fire.

Both him and Gerrard look like they could easily get wound up and embroiled into situations that cause us grief.

Gregan on the other hand (linked to the poll thread) was bastard too, but much more subtle on most occasions (giving it out when it was less obvious) - though I am sure he was caught out at times.

Natural price to pay for combatative players? Maybe.

Totally needless that sending off on Saturday. Handbags with Evatt as they're walking off the pitch and he's fallen for the oldest trick in the book. Needs to learn off Clarke about being a professional and not reacting. Huge game and lucky it didn't cost us. Might still do tonight coz we need him in the side, not in the stand.

Correct. Gerrard is mind bogglingly stupid at times.

Thought the same when the goal went in last night. It didn't cost us on Saturday but I suspect it probably did last night,

Yeh but on Sat the sending off galvanised the crowd which in turn got the team going.

Had he stayed on it may well have finished a drab 0-0.

Someone said earlier , at 90 min in both games we had a point in each and we would have gladly taken it, we ended up with 3 !!!!

Bottom line is that Shez put on Croft - a seasoned professional - in the last few minutes because that was what the game needed, a cool experienced player rather than a nervous youngster.

Croft, by all accounts should have smashed the ball into the proverbial row Z

But also, as Shez mentions in the post match interview, they should have closed down the ball before it came in towards the box. Tired bodies making tired decisions for sure but this is exactly what they mean by being mentally tough. Even if your body is on its last legs your mind should still have you making the right decisions.

Edit - sorry posted this in wrong thread ...

Edited by Stagger Lee