FAO The Trust

Correct.

Simon is told most things in board meetings - this wasn't brought up.

Of course it wasn't, because the club pays nothing more than lip service to the fan-on-the-board agreement and there's :censored: all we can do about it.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could I re-lcarify?

Charge 1 Dec 2015 £241k but now paid off-----------------------------------------------------------------supposedly paid off but not shown YET as such on Companies House

Charge 2 ?? £??

Charge 3 Dec 2016 £305k---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------£350K plus interest created 10th Feb 2017

1 and 3 are Necarcu Ltd

2. Mortgage on the stadium by Brassbank Ltd-no figures that I can see. Created on 2nd December 2015-the day after a charge was cleared in respect of Nat West Bank PLC

Edited by ChaddySmoker

1 and 3 are Necarcu Ltd

2. Mortgage on the stadium by Brassbank Ltd-no figures that I can see. Created on 2nd December 2015-the day after a charge was cleared in respect of Nat West Bank PLC

Cheers, I'd misread it as 3 Necarcu Loans

Edited by singe

I could be wrong but I believe its part of us being registered at companies house that we (Trust) has a right (legal?) to know the financial picture of the club.

If I remember rightly, just before Xmas a Scottish club whose trust also had a stake in, went into admin and their trust was criticised that they were not "strong enough" to challenge the owner/should have challenged sooner the owner before it got to that stage....

I cant remember the club or the news article/site I saw it on and its now going to annoy me....TBA

Edited by underdog

I could be wrong but I believe its part of us being registered at companies house that we (Trust) has a right (legal?) to know the financial picture of the club.

If I remember rightly, just before Xmas a Scottish club whose trust also had a stake in, went into admin and their trust was criticised that they were not "strong enough" to challenge the owner/should have challenged sooner the owner before it got to that stage....

I cant remember the club or the news article/site I saw it on and its now going to annoy me....TBA

Hearts?

As a very minority shareholder,on a vote involving shareholders the Trust could always be outvoted.

The position of a Director is different. Each Director has responsibilities under the Companies Act to ensure that the company is run in a proper manner irrespective of whether they have a shareholding or not. Any Director excluded from the decision making is in a difficult position. They still have the responsibilities and potential consequences for illegal acts by the business. For instance if there was a disaster at the club each Director could be facing charges of corporate manslaughter.

Finally, there is only one class of Director,so called non executive Directors have the same responsibilities as executive directors.

Simon Brooke appears to be in a very difficult position

The 3% shareholding held by the Trust are shares with no voting rights. Honest.

It's a double edge sword but I believe historically they at cat B shares too (I have no idea what this means, yes I should) and was done to give some protection to trust Directors that if the club went into admin, we would have no financial burden of it.

Let's face it, I didn't fancy someone repossessing my house and having to declare myself bankrupt because I was on a sub-board that was an associate of the club.....it's giving me shivers thinking about it

It's a double edge sword but I believe historically they at cat B shares too (I have no idea what this means, yes I should) and was done to give some protection to trust Directors that if the club went into admin, we would have no financial burden of it.

Let's face it, I didn't fancy someone repossessing my house and having to declare myself bankrupt because I was on a sub-board that was an associate of the club.....it's giving me shivers thinking about it

As a shareholder or representative of a shareholder your personal assets would not be at risk.

Just found the typed notes from the Jan fans meeting that NNN arrange. Quote from Simon Corney

He has been trying to source a scoreboard from China. He was very grateful for the £21k but he is also aware that for £21k (even excluding installation costs) you will get a very small screen. He is looking at options, one being perimeter boards, that would cost significantly more but may allow the club to generate revenue from sponsorship/advertising etc. He is still working on it and hopes to have something in place for the start of next season. The visitors from China are involved in that industry and he added they were being courted as potential investors too although he wanted to keep it quiet and low key at the request of the potential investors. He also said that if anyone who has donated towards the scoreboard wants their money back he is happy to refund.

So just waiting for the club to announce this change officially before I ask for my refund

Just found the typed notes from the Jan fans meeting that NNN arrange. Quote from Simon Corney

He has been trying to source a scoreboard from China. He was very grateful for the £21k but he is also aware that for £21k (even excluding installation costs) you will get a very small screen. He is looking at options, one being perimeter boards, that would cost significantly more but may allow the club to generate revenue from sponsorship/advertising etc. He is still working on it and hopes to have something in place for the start of next season. The visitors from China are involved in that industry and he added they were being courted as potential investors too although he wanted to keep it quiet and low key at the request of the potential investors. He also said that if anyone who has donated towards the scoreboard wants their money back he is happy to refund.

So just waiting for the club to announce this change officially before I ask for my refund

None of those distracting animated perimeter boards please.

If it brings in the money then I've no problem with that....26k is a miserly amount for a state of the art scoreboard. We all want what's best for the club so if perimeter advertising boards are benificial and the extra income generated helps the club buy a scoreboard at a later date then that's fine by me...however, disgruntled

fans should be able to reclaim donations if they so wish!

What company is gonna pay for advertising on a perimeter board? Probably the same ones that sponsor now, but they won't wanna pay premium fees. Also, perimeter boards are great when games are being televised live for 90 minutes most weeks but in our league the sponsors wouldn't be getting the exposure that they would deem fit for the money they would be paying.

Whilst the fund is sat there why don't we open it back up and get it run by the community trust so they can get schools / council youth groups / businesses to raise money for the scoreboard along with fans being given the option to raise further funds? Seems pointless it sat there without anything happening.

Depends on what terms as a fan you donated on. I believe the Tifosy agreement was that it was crowd funded and maybe spin off to help further crowd funding initiatives/better match day experience for the fans by the club.

The second agreement was with Trust and club that when we pushed it over the line, again money raised were to be split for more fan/crowd funding initiative and to bring regular income into the Trust Warchest.

If the club have moved the goalpost and are keeping revenue for themselves, changes what I wanted my donation to go on and invested in.

I await confirmation/announcement from the club to what they have done/going to do....

What company is gonna pay for advertising on a perimeter board? Probably the same ones that sponsor now, but they won't wanna pay premium fees. Also, perimeter boards are great when games are being televised live for 90 minutes most weeks but in our league the sponsors wouldn't be getting the exposure that they would deem fit for the money they would be paying.

City only have electronic advertising on both ends and the side facing the camera, while the side that isn't in shot is the normal boards that we have.

I'd imagine if City are that way inclined then most of the Premier League will be too. If it's to only satisfy TV demand then you've got to wonder why we'd waste money doing it given we're on every few years.

Edited by NewBlue